OT-DeWine conference tonight at 5:30pm

OT-DeWine conference tonight at 5:30pm

• Dirtnasty said... (original post)Hope it’s not bars shutting back down cause I’m coming back to Ohio to visit next week and want to pull some strange

At least somebody has their priorities straight.

Dirt for governor!

• ERNiner said... (original post)So do you leave the masks on so the strange remains....strange?

That’s a bag

• That’s the first time those two words have ever been used together.

• Euclidbuck004 said... (original post)11 months9,000 postsIt’s a job.

Him and Sara both.

• EscoSark said... (original post)I am frustrated. People like you are going to cause more infections, deaths, no sports, schools and the shutdown of businesses. Just wear your damn ...

Thank God this generation doesn’t have to fight WWII. We’d lose. Convincingly.

The current lack of intestinal fortitude is frightening.

This post was edited by FairfaxBuck 23 days ago

• FairfaxBuck said... (original post)Thank God this generation doesn’t have to fight WWII. We’d lose. Convincingly.

I have greater faith in this generation than you.

• FairfaxBuck said... (original post)Thank God this generation doesn’t have to fight WWII. We’d lose. Convincingly. The current lack of intestinal fortitude is frightening.

QFT. They would just tell the enemy they are offended and believe the enemy would apologize, right before blowing their heads off.

• Duane said... (original post)Thinking about arresting people is too ridiculous to be taken seriously. This has to be run through businesses. Do not sell to or serve any patron not ...

What if the business doesn’t want to take that stance? They should have the right to that also. Governors cannot make edicts that go on in perpetuity. That’s not how it works.

• BuckNutDiablo said... (original post)Yes sir, big time Christian here, all playing out before our eyes

check your pm inbox.
  • buckinmedina said... (original post)I'm all in. I'm going to be 60 later this year. I remember when I was a teenager with my friends we were talking about world events then in the ...

We shall see.
  • EscoSark said... (original post)I have greater faith in this generation than you.

I have faith in about 50%. You’re trying to convince the other 50% to be like you.

• FairfaxBuck said... (original post)What if the business doesn’t want to take that stance? They should have the right to that also. Governors cannot make edicts that go on in perpe...

Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.” Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905). When those officials “undertake to act in areas fraught with medical and scientific uncertainties,” their latitude “must be especially broad.” Marshall v. United States, 414 U. S. 417, 427 (1974). Where those broad limits are not exceeded, they should not be subject to second-guessing by an “unelected federal judiciary,” which lacks the background, competence, and expertise to assess public health and is not accountable to the people.

• FairfaxBuck said... (original post)What if the business doesn’t want to take that stance? They should have the right to that also. Governors cannot make edicts that go on in perpe...

Yes sir! My friends who owns a gym here already has his lawsuit prepared in case Kemp tries to shut down. It probably won't happen as he knows what another shutdown would mean.
  • dplaw said... (original post)In Florida, which has been called the new epicenter for the virus in the U.S., the death toll is expected to reach 19,000 by November. The state curre...

That’s weird. Almost like it must be full of old people.

• deeustin89 said... (original post)That’s weird. Almost like it must be full of old people.

I wish I had an eyeball emoji
    , but that only means Oklahoma is losing a recruit.

This post was edited by GABuckgrad 23 days ago

• EscoSark said... (original post)Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard ...

Slaves were also considered personal property at one point. That legal opinion only barred kids from going to school if they didn't get shots. Since then, people have been allowed to claim religious reasons for lack of vaccines. I dont agree, but don't support laws forcing them to get them.
  • GABuckgrad said... (original post)Slaves were also considered personal property at one point. That legal opinion only barred kids from going to school if they didn't get shot...

In South Bay United Pentecostal Church v. Newsom, the Chief Justice affirmed the central position of Jacobson v. Massachusetts:

Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.” Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905). When those officials “undertake to act in areas fraught with medical and scientific uncertainties,” their latitude “must be especially broad.” Marshall v. United States, 414 U. S. 417, 427 (1974). Where those broad limits are not exceeded, they should not be subject to second-guessing by an “unelected federal judiciary,” which lacks the background, competence, and expertise to assess public health and is not accountable to the people.

The 5-4 decision generated a dissent by Justice Kavanaugh, joined by Justices Thomas and Gorsuch. Still, as the U.S. Supreme Court’s first foray into COVID-19 control efforts by state and local governments, Chief Justice Roberts clearly intended to provide broad guidance to lower courts. Jacobson v. Massachusetts counsels judges to afford wide latitude to the judgment of health experts, so long as such measures are neutral, generally applicable, and have a medical necessity a government can justify. Thus while courts must be deferential to the need to protect public health, courts must also be vigilant against abuses of public health powers. To do that they must ask what is reasonable, look at the public health evidence, and be attuned to the pre-textual or abuse of power.

• SarasotaBuck79 said... (original post)If I was a betting man. Im guessing you're somewhat full of yourself and you should seek professional help soon.You're only proven ...

This is the kind of post that is killing Bucknuts.

• RustyBuck said... (original post)This is the kind of post that is killing Bucknuts.

But his and your bull$nit is ok. roflmao
  • deeustin89 said... (original post)That’s weird. Almost like it must be full of old people.

19.1% of Floridas Population are Seniors.