Quinn Ewers is the best junior QB prospect since Trevor Lawrence

Quinn Ewers is the best junior QB prospect since Trevor Lawrence

Arrow15
  • WELL SEE HE'S A LOT BETTER AS A SOPHOMORE THAN YOUNG WAS

• Yes but he would much better fit for the Auburn Tiger's but we'll see what he does and where he goes Just hope he stays healthy

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Um Ohio State also offered him when he was in 8th grade and Day has been talking to him since. Its closer than you think.

BOOM BITCHES!!!
  • MD2DOG said... (original post)Yes but he would much better fit for the Auburn Tiger's but we'll see what he does and where he goes Just hope he stays healthy

You doing ok, buddy?

• MD2DOG said... (original post)Yes but he would much better fit for the Auburn Tiger's but we'll see what he does and where he goes Just hope he stays healthy

When you say better fit, do you mean he's ok with not winning anything?

• If he goes to OU, he goes up against nobody DBs for 3 years every day in practice. If he goes to tOSU, he goes against future 1st round monsters at CB every day in practice.

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)If this kid family are all Longhorns, would they really accept him going to Oklahoma? Of course family's do what's best for their k...

The Borens

• JakeF081416 said... (original post)So why exactly are you subscribed to a college football recruiting site

roflmao
  • You talk as if no QB going up against those 'monster' DBs ever has a chance. Baker, in Coach Riley's Offense torched the Buckeye DBs...at The Shoe. Riley has already managed having at least a Heisman Finalist every year he's been at OU. He's had 2 Heisman winners and a Runner-up who was nothing more than a running QB at Alabama. Those 2 Heisman winners were both #1 overall Draft Picks, and Hurts was a 2nd Rounder! Riley even had 2 Heisman Finalists in the same season. Try as you may to downplay OU's (specifically Coach Riley) ability to develop top QBs but, he has also just managed to grab another 5* QB as well as another QB who Auburn (for 1) wanted, to go along with his Dad as their new OC. Morris wanted to play for Dad at Arkansas but, not at Auburn....what's up with that? If Rattler has a great season this year, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Riley sways Ewers to OU as well! That would certainly set a precedent. OU became QBU starting with Bradford, and OU has continued to put quality QBs on the field. They have had 4 Heisman winning QBs, all in recent history.

• its the future kids are worried about not the past. TOSU has had better recruiting classes and the studs at wide receiver are going to be best in the NCAA. Hats off to the job Riley has done getting transfers in and turning them into high draft picks. The Big 12 is not exactly known for their defense. There are great arguments for both places right now. But I think by the time this kid is a senior TOSU will be a clearly better program. We will see.

• YoungHookEm said... (original post)Its going to be tough to land this kid for sure. Huge win if we do, huge win if we don't. But, if we miss atleast Texas has a logjam of you...

Texas has a QB logjam because Herman has used the Urban Meyer playbook on sticking with one guy to the detriment of all others. Urb's fascination with JT Barrett for 4 years put Cardale Jones, Joe Burrow, and Dwane Haskins on the back burner.... Cardale was undefeated as an OSU starter, while Haskins and Burrow were first-rounders... Let's see what Ehlinger can do in his last year.... more of the same?

This post was edited by McCague 4 months ago

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)It's not just about development, Herman's offense is designed around QB run. It's the reason he annoyed so many Ohio State fan...

Just talked to Herman, he apologies for the national championship y’all won that year. Says it’s completely his fault...

• TexEx88 said... (original post)Just talked to Herman, he apologies for the national championship y’all won that year. Says it’s completely his fault...

We won that championship because Barrett got injured and Cardale became the starter, forcing Meyer and Herman to open up the offense outside of five wide QB draw up the middle.

Herman's/Meyer's style of offense was never winning a championship in this day and age, hence 31-0.

This post was edited by BacardiBuckeye 4 months ago

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)We won that championship because Barrett got injured and Cardale became the starter, forcing Meyer and Herman to open up the offense outside ...

This day and age? I thought Ohio St won in 2015. Ohio St won a national champion with arguably the least talented starting quarterback this decade. Herman’s offense got Cardale Freakin Jones DRAFTED in the fourth round lol. Herman got his quarterback to play far beyond his abilities and won a national championship. Literally had the most successful outcome possible.

• TexEx88 said... (original post)This day and age? I thought Ohio St won in 2015. Ohio St won a national champion with arguably the least talented starting quarterback this decade. ...

Are you really sitting here, trying to debate with a die-hard Ohio State fan over how our offense looked? Did you watch every Ohio State game between 2012 and 2014? If not then be gone. Herman's base offense and the offense we ran in the playoffs were two VERY different things.

Some people believed that was Meyer's offense and Herman had little say, we now know they both have the same offensive philosophy after seeing Herman at Houston and now Texas.

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Are you really sitting here, trying to debate with a die-hard Ohio State fan over how our offense looked? Did you watch every Ohio State game ...

Oh true, only buckeyes can talk about or have an opinion about buckeye football. Good thing no one EVER talks about my longhorns. I’d be pretty upset otherwise.

• TexEx88 said... (original post)Oh true, only buckeyes can talk about or have an opinion about buckeye football. Good thing no one EVER talks about my longhorns. I’d be pretty upse...

Did you watch every Ohio State game running Herman's offense between 2012-2014? That's my only question. Then your opinion on this topic will actually be educated. If you only watched the playoffs and believe that's Herman's offense then your opinion is irrelevant and there's no need to even try to debate this point.

• BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)Did you watch every Ohio State game running Herman's offense between 2012-2014? That's my only question. Then your opinion on this ...

Did you watch EVERY Houston and Texas football game? Bc you said that it was Herman’s offense...but if you didn’t watch every single Houston and Texas game then you shouldn’t have an opinion as you stated.

• UTSA-bound.
    Book it.

• TexEx88 said... (original post)Did you watch EVERY Houston and Texas football game? Bc you said that it was Herman’s offense...but if you didn’t watch every single Houston and Tex...

I did because I enjoyed watching Herman lose after his comments about Ohio State once he left, and I'll continue to enjoy watching him lose. Good day.

• Spencer Rattler starts 2020 and 2021. Caleb Williams starts 2022 and 2023 (backs up Rattler in 2021). Ewers starts 2024 and 2025 (backs up Williams in 2023).

K1 sat in 2016. He backed up Baker in 2017. Started in 2018. Became a #1 pick. These guys would wait less time to start than he did. The depth chart shouldn't scare Ewers too much at a place like OU.

• GotDANG y’all weren’t kidding about that mullet. That thing is ... simply glorious.

Want.

user generated

This post was edited by redriptide 4 months ago

• Shut up no he’s not