States with the most players in the class of 2022's Top247

States with the most players in the class of 2022's Top247

Arrow16
  • Discussion
  • The states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, 9th/10th, respectively for the amount of top end rated prospects.......which seems to further support football (population growth, other demographic factors) has moved south in a big way....Virginia, Louisiana and Alabama all rate higher than Ohio/Pensylvania and Georgia (19), 4th are only 3 prospects behind California (22)/3rd.....Florida and Texas are well ahead of everyone else......

Brian, Thanks for putting this list together

This post was edited by Hitemhorns18 4 months ago

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 75% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • how did 2021 class shake out? have a link?

• Travis Hunter willing to throw away everything to play for the Noles

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 75% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • How many of the Florida recruits are at IMG? Half those kids are from out of state and have zero ties or interest in any FL universities

This post was edited by gtrA4022 4 months ago

• Am I missing something ? where is the breakdown of how many of the top 150 players come from each state ?

• AvilleRanger1 said... (original post)Am I missing something ? where is the breakdown of how many of the top 150 players come from each state ?

AR1, scroll up and click on "continue reading this article"......The Top 10 states are listed with numbers/of each state and further details for by (each top 10) state by the staff writer Brian Dohn

This post was edited by Hitemhorns18 4 months ago

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • Hitemhorns18 said... (original post)The states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, 9th/10th, respectively for the amount of top end rated prospects.......which seems to further support foot...

There has definitely been a shift however if you researched I think you’d see Ohio kids haven’t been ranked that accurately. Believe they still rank Top 5 in producing NFL players

Join
  • OrlandoBuckeye said... (original post)There has definitely been a shift however if you researched I think you’d see Ohio kids haven’t been ranked that accurately. Believe they sti...

My math may be wrong on this but out of the top 50 recruits (247 Composite Rankings) the state of Ohio, since 2005, has produced 65 pro players

2005: 2 (Alex Boone ; Mario Manningham)

2006: 4 (Beanie Wells ; Thaddeus Gibson ; Jeff Cumberland ; Kurt Coleman)

2007: 0?

2008: 5 (Mike Adams ; Kyle Rudolph ; DeVier Posey ; Jake Stoneburner ; Zac Dysert)

2009: 7 (Jack Mewhort ; John Simon ; Corey Linsley ; Fitzgerald Toussaint ; Bradley McDonald ; Jonathan Newsome ; Luke Kuechly)

2010: 4 (Jordan Hicks ; Andrew Norwell ; Spencer Ware ; Jake Ryan)

2011: 10 (Braxton Miller ; Michael Bennett ; Doran Grant ; Nick Vannett ; Ryan Kelly ; Devin Smith ; Cardale Jones ; Frank Clark ; Brian Mihalik ; Cody Latimer)

2012: 7 (Adolphus Washington ; Ifeadi Odenigbo ; Chris Wormley ; Joshua Perry ; Taylor Decker ; Pharaoh Brown ; Roger Lewis)

2013: 8 (Jalin Marshall ; Taco Charlton ; Shelton Gibson ; Jake Butt ; Mitch Trubisky ; Billy Price ; Ben Gedeon ; Darron Lee)

2014: 5 (Marshon Lattimore ; Paris Campbell ; Sam Hubbard ; DeShone Kizer ; Mike Edwards)

2015: 9 (Jerome Baker ; Dre’Mont Jones ; Hjalte Froholdt ; Denzel Ward ; Joe Burrow ; James Daniels ; Marquise Blair ; Markus Bailey ; DaVon Hamilton)

2016: 3 (Justin Layne ; Malik Harrison ; Benny Snell)

2017: 1 (Lynn Bowden)

The 2016 and 2017 class still has some prospects entering their RS Sr, Sr, or RS Jr year and the 2018 class is draft eligible this upcoming year. Ohio has produced some good players but not many stars. Luke Kuechly, Marshon Lattimore, Kyle Rudolph, Frank Clark, and Denzel Ward are the best players in my opinion to come out to Ohio since 2005.

Please let me know if I missed someone who was in the Top 50 composite rankings and made it to the NFL

• Wouldn't it make more sense to evaluate it by population density or something?

• dneus said... (original post)Wouldn't it make more sense to evaluate it by population density or something?

I think Georgia has the most Blue Chip recruits per capita than any other state

• Living in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, I have the opportunity to see St. Thomas Aquinas (for those who may not know, it's a perennial state powerhouse) play and a few years ago, I had the chance to talk with an assistant coach. After he learned I'm from Texas, he remarked "Y'all play some damn good ball over there" and I replied "You do pretty well here too" or words close to that. I then asked his opinion on something I'd heard more than once and that's that "Florida HS has the better athletes and Texas has the better football players." He said that while there's no way to prove/disprove that, he did believe it and attributed Texas producing better football players to the fact that compared to Florida, most Texas kids learn and then stay in the same system from Pop Warner years through high school. As a result, they tend to be more disciplined and able to learn different schemes more easily if necessary.

• MichaelBalisFanClub said... (original post)My math may be wrong on this but out of the top 50 recruits (247 Composite Rankings) the state of Ohio, since 2005, has produced 65 pro ...

I'm 100% positive that the NFL doesn't just draft top 50 247sports composite players so how in the world does your reply make any sense to what the op said? Ohio still puts out a lot of NFL talent, which shows that the state isn't being properly ranked. It's okay we know recruiting sites rarely bother to scout up North.
  • BacardiBuckeye said... (original post)I'm 100% positive that the NFL doesn't just draft top 50 247sports composite players so how in the world does your reply make any s...

Oh I know the NFL doesn’t just draft top 50 players. I just cut it off at 50 just to make it less work for me to check. Just being lazy

• gtrA4022 said... (original post)How many of the Florida recruits are at IMG? Half those kids are from out of state and have zero ties or interest in any FL universities

Five are IMG imports

• MichaelBalisFanClub said... (original post)Oh I know the NFL doesn’t just draft top 50 players. I just cut it off at 50 just to make it less work for me to check. Just being lazy

247 projects their back end players as 4th-7th rounders, wish they had a singular round so we could see how many players are drafted between say round 1 and 4. Would give a more accurate representation on how accurate their rankings are for States.