Barry Alvarez

Barry Alvarez

• I have already read something about if the buckeyes miss out of the big ten championship, he wants the big ten to revisit the rules set in place to allow them to play. Even though hes from wisconsin, he knows OSU is money

• Discussion
  • Bucky346781 said... (original post)I have already read something about if the buckeyes miss out of the big ten championship, he wants the big ten to revisit the rules set in place ...

They shut Osu out of championship game and they might see Osu bolt for greener pastures
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)They shut Osu out of championship game and they might see Osu bolt for greener pastures

I hope it doesn't happen. Even Warren is smart enough to understand OSU in the playoffs means better budgets for the school, right?

This post was edited by Buckeyenutjob 2 months ago

• Absolutely, thats why I posted this. OSU has a chance to bring in millions of dollars. I think it would be crazy to think that they will have a football playoff that pays millions and the big ten if the buckeyes are undefeated wont try and send them.

• Hopefully, they restructure the final week so teams who can play will play.

• Buckeyenutjob said... (original post)I hope it doesn't happen. Even Warren is smart enough to understand OSU in the playoffs means better budgets for the school, right?

No. He's proved nothing other than he's a hypocrite and liar.

• Barry or Tom Osborne would’ve made a good commissioner. There was no need for an outside hire. That said, I don’t know how much different the whole process would’ve been considering Barry’s own chancellor (as well as 10 others) was opposed to a football season.

• Alvarez is also aware that the CDC has just lifted its longstanding 14-day quarantine orders down to 7-10 days.
    Which means that the B1G should also revisit their extreme 21-day quarantine for any player testing positive.

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)They shut Osu out of championship game and they might see Osu bolt for greener pastures

I wish that would happen but it won't becuase Gene Smith is too much status quo and not one to rock any boat. Beyond that, the older alumni base is too old school. They'd fear that it'd threaten the annual *ichigan game and that tradition.

• HiFiver25 said... (original post)Barry or Tom Osborne would’ve made a good commissioner. There was no need for an outside hire. That said, I don’t know how much different the whol...

I agree with either of those choices.

Kevin Warren has no business being a B1G commissioner considering his background working in the Viking's front office and working in the corporate world prior to that.

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)I agree with either of those choices.Kevin Warren has no business being a B1G commissioner considering his background working in the Viking...

Honestly, I don't think Kevin Warren deserves the lion's share of the blame over the fiasco. An overwhelming majority of the chancellors/presidents had already made up their mind (they do talk to each other enough to know which direction the wind was blowing) and told him to rubber stamp their decision.

That said, Warren didn't do much to find a way through the mess. He didn't earn his keep in that sense.