Best hotel to stay at in Columbus?

Best hotel to stay at in Columbus?

• Hey there Bucks,

Looking forward to visiting Columbus on 9-11 next year. Which hotel would you recommend visitors to stay at? Never been to Columbus. About 6 dudes in our late 40’s... probably staying for three nights.

Probably staying at either a Hilton or Marriott property...

Thanks In advance!

• Discussion
  • DuckinAZ said... (original post)Hey there Bucks,Looking forward to visiting Columbus on 9-11 next year. Which hotel would you recommend visitors to stay at? Never been to Columbus...

Knights inn off Karl and morse road...
  • DuckinAZ said... (original post)Hey there Bucks,Looking forward to visiting Columbus on 9-11 next year. Which hotel would you recommend visitors to stay at? Never been to Columbus...

If it needs to be Hilton or Mariott there are several which are serviceable. Hotel LeVequ is a little more than mid priced but is new and nice....super clean.

I’ve not stayed at this one But the DogHouse Hotel and Brewery looks fun as heck. This one wouldn’t be on my list but that’s because my hubs and I have not so little humans who travel with us however if I were you all I might try it out.

This post was edited by Buckeyechick 2 months ago

I recommend going to Hotels.com or Travelocity and read some of the reviews and find something in your price range. That's what I do for every trip I make, even inside Ohio (don't live there anymore). You can be sure of getting a good rate in a nice part of town. I'm very picky about what parts of town I stay in anymore.

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Knights inn off Karl and morse road...

Can't go wrong with this one
  • Stay in the Polaris area if you're staying multiple nights, plenty of great restaurants and bars that are walking distance from the hotel and only a 15 minute drive to the stadium. My company has multiple people every week staying in hotel for the Grove City south west area and their favorite place to stay is just north of columbus in Polaris.

This post was edited by Marty16x1 2 months ago

• UBUCKEYE2 said... (original post)Can't go wrong with this one

Got everything thing you need there in house prostitutes and a drug dealer in every other room.. roflmao

This post was edited by Jaymar1 1 month ago

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Got everything thing you need there in house prostitutes and a drug dealer in every other room..

Address?

• I still can't get over Holiday Inn Lane Ave. Makes me sad and angry whenever I think of it. Stayed there sooo many times for games.

Cooker's few blocks down for western omelette and jaggermeister for breakfast pre-game.

This post was edited by HiFiver25 1 month ago

• Hampton Inn or the Hilton, both by the convention center. Plenty of nightlife nearby in the Short North and not too far from the Shoe.

This post was edited by 100percentOpinionated 1 month ago

• Another option that's not too far from the stadium....

https://www.columbus-bed-breakfast.com/

I always like to support local and will often use Airbnb or go the bed and breakfast route.

• The Marriott Columbus Northwest off Tuttle (on Blazer Pkwy) is nice with enough around it, restaurants etc. PLUS ***** that is usually where the opposing team stays. I used to live out of state and would stay there when I'd come in for games. Through the last few years Whisky was there when I was there (met Barry Alvarez) MSU was there (Met Dantonio, but already knew him but we caught up. WE are both from Zanesville and our parents were friends) Also met Baker Mayfield and some Oklahoma players. Kind of cool

• Stay near the Short North Art's District. Lots of places to eat and drink, all within walking distance. I like staying at the Le Meridien there.

• Marty16x1 said... (original post)Stay in the Polaris area if you're staying multiple nights, plenty of great restaurants and bars that are walking distance from the hotel and ...

Polaris has about 200 restaurants (done there before Covid kills off half of them!). Great place to stay “in the burbs” and plenty of upper scale stuff and regular stuff.

Go down into the city and stay downtown if you and your friends are more “downtown people”

• Any place on the Hilltop would be ideal.

• If I am correct next Sept. 11 weekend is the Oregon home game weekend so the hotels will be jacking up their rates to stay there. You might be better off finding a vacation rental on VRBO.

• Benchwarmer7 said... (original post)If I am correct next Sept. 11 weekend is the Oregon home game weekend so the hotels will be jacking up their rates to stay there. You might be ...

Hope COVID-19 is under control in ’21...

• ShammyBuck said... (original post)Any place on the Hilltop would be ideal.

Westside or the bottoms. Would be ideal.
  • Jaudio said... (original post)Polaris has about 200 restaurants (done there before Covid kills off half of them!). Great place to stay “in the burbs” and plenty of upper scale stu...

I won’t suggest to a 1st time visitor that he stay in Polaris. That area is so fukcin planned (everything goes in straight limes) and sanitized (nobody walking on sidewalks, no grungy establishment). Completely banal suburban sprawl and devoid of any character whatsoever. Might as well stay in Disneyland (minus the crowd).

This post was edited by HiFiver25 1 month ago

• HiFiver25 said... (original post)I won’t suggest to a 1st time visitor that he stay in Polaris. That area is so fukcin planned (everything goes in straight limes) and sanitized (n...

That’s why I said it depended on what his crew was into. Some people actually like the convenience of the straight lines, sanitary, “boring”, new area as opposed to the character of the city. My point is, CBUS has whatever he wants, and those are 2 places he can have it.

At this point that tentative game is still a big "IF." You have scientists and other prognosticators suggesting that this "new normal" will likely continue on for another two years. SMDH.

• Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the suggestions and perspectives. My brain can’t process the thought of the pandemic preventing fans from the stadiums in 2021. I was heartbroken over missing you guys in Eugene this year... I’m finding a way inside the Horseshoe next year!

• Jaudio said... (original post)Polaris has about 200 restaurants (done there before Covid kills off half of them!). Great place to stay “in the burbs” and plenty of upper scale stu...

I can second this as well. My husband and I lived not far from there before we ventured south. Lots and lots to do not too far off.

• opakapaka said... (original post)Hope COVID-19 is under control in ’21...

Don’t worry. It’ll be under control on January 20th.

• DuckinAZ said... (original post)Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the suggestions and perspectives. My brain can’t process the thought of the pandemic preventing fans from the stadi...

If there are no fans for football in 2021, there won't be football or any other sports. There won't be money to operate the athletic department.
  • Anywhere in the Short North is great - such a quick jaunt to campus OR downtown, and all the action in CBus is in that area. Don't know the hotels all that well, but in 2018 I rented an entire house for $250 a night on AirBnb for homecoming weekend, so you should have no issues finding great options.