Big Presser Going On Now

Big Presser Going On Now

• Live presser with Geno,, Ryan, and Dr. Borcher answering questions from the press following an opening statement.

• Discussion
  • All three sounding positive about playing MSU. So far, only saying “some players and Coach Day tested positive”.

• testing will be conducted tomorrow. Will be day to day regarding next week, obviously related to how much practice the team can get after the suspending of activities. Day just said we can get it done with a practice on Thursday and a walk through on Friday.

• We're not playing against MSU. Gene isn't our friend and can't be trusted. This is smoke. Season is over. Osu has done a terrible job with the virus. Bunch of wimps. Just play like the other conferences do. Sec is laughing at us.

• Players resting in isolation...doing well... Day is at home...heavy heart with what has happened this week.

• Should've played. Bad decision by gene and day to not play.

• Went beyond the BIG threshold for positivity to cancel game, but late yesterday went beyond threshold positivity to suspend activities.

• 7.5% positivity rate, then needed to pause activities.

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)We're not playing against MSU. Gene isn't our friend and can't be trusted. This is smoke. Season is over. Osu has done a terri...

I have to have Hope. And tOSU hasn’t done a bad job. No positives until this past week? Look at other teams which have been lit up by “the virus.” Our Buckeyes haven’t done a bad job but they DID get screwed by the B1G.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)I have to have Hope. And tOSU hasn’t done a bad job. No positives until this past week? Look at other teams which have been lit up by “the viru...

Other teams still play. We didn't. We needed to get exposure to the virus in the summer. We didn't. Other teams that win national titles like Clemson and the SEC did. Saban gets positive and no mention of players. They're not testing as strict. We are. You don't test healthy people with no symptoms. We do.
  • TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)Other teams still play. We didn't. We needed to get exposure to the virus in the summer. We didn't. Other teams that win national t...

I agree that they are not testing as strictly as the B1G.

• Geno did say in the presser in answer to a question, they could of played this week. I don’t get it! Of course maybe I do and don’t want to admit what is going on.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)Geno did say in the presser in answer to a question, they could of played this week. I don’t get it! Of course maybe I do and don’t want to ad...

Gene is just as dumb as Karen. Gene isn't a Buckeye. He has screwed us MANY times in both basketball and football.
  • DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)7.5% positivity rate, then needed to pause activities.

7.5% of the tier one players, coaching, and trainers, which amo7nts to 170 individuals per Dr. B.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)Geno did say in the presser in answer to a question, they could of played this week. I don’t get it! Of course maybe I do and don’t want to ad...

If I had to guess....if they were able to play and didn’t it’s because they are trying to give us a chance to play and compete for a B1G title and national title. Attempt to stop the spread before it totally obliterates any chance of us playing on. Just my hypothesis, I could be wrong, I guess the future will tell. Also an optics thing, perception (we are getting a handle on this by an attempt at mitigation) is everything.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)If I had to guess....if they were able to play and didn’t it’s because they are trying to give us a chance to play and compete for a B1G title ...

Covid isn't a big deal. I had it. It's flu like and less harmful than the flu for young and healthy people. This is all so dumb. You can't control it. It's going to happen. You need to play when you can and win the day.
  • I think the B1G presidents and ADs should be former B1G and or midwestern natives who are genuinely proud of the B1G college brands.
    We don't need any accountants type administrators without any history of love for the B1G.

• BuckeyesEC said... (original post)I think the B1G presidents and ADs should be former B1G and or midwestern natives who are genuinely proud of the B1G college brands.We don't ...

Or any coasties!

This post was edited by DaytonBuckeye 1 month ago

• Our pres is a jock, which I am grateful for. I am pretty sure she gets it. Not sure about some of the others.

• JamesWright said... (original post)Our pres is a jock, which I am grateful for. I am pretty sure she gets it. Not sure about some of the others.

Yes, we are lucky in that regard. Thank God she's no Holbrook or Drake

This post was edited by dkeener67 1 month ago

• We're still not playing this weekend when we could be. If our President was so good we'd be playing. She cowarded to Gene.

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)We're still not playing this weekend when we could be. If our President was so good we'd be playing. She cowarded to Gene.

Is it that simple?

• dkeener67 said... (original post)Is it that simple?

Yes. We decided to not play. Not the big ten. Gene decided it and the President just went along. Another dumb decision by gene and our university.
  • Hey thanks for the Illini win Buckeyes, you clearly forfeited this game if you're not going to admit it was COVID protocols. Skirting the 21 day rule by saying "we could have played" is bush league. You either cancelled because of COVID or you forfeited the game. Pick One.

• Shampoobanana said... (original post)Hey thanks for the Illini win Buckeyes, you clearly forfeited this game if you're not going to admit it was COVID protocols. Skirting the 21 d...

We forfeited. I have no problem admitting it. Gene chose to not play along with Borchers who isn't a competent doctor. His protocols have been exposed and aren't working.

This post was edited by TheUtahBuckeye 1 month ago

• I say lets isolate and get covid free in time to stomp Meatchicken. It would be our last chance to beat Hairball before he is told bye bye.