Big Presser Going On Now

Big Presser Going On Now

• DZforTHREE said... (original post)A virus that has a fatality rate of less than one percent shouldn't either. The media pushing panic and sensationalism has the hospitals cro...

So I agree somewhat....hospitals are indeed being overrun rt panic but people are also dying. Lost my Uncle last week to this.

• red99car said... (original post)You're an idiot. Do you live in a bubble?https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/27/health/covid-hospitals-overload.htmlI live in the outskirts of Cha...

Wear a mask. That will solve the problem.

• UBUCKEYE2 said... (original post)Does that apply to both sides or only the side that disagrees with you?

Both sides, though it does seem like only one side ignores the basic facts.

• UBUCKEYE2 said... (original post)That's exactly what we are talking about except the BIG actually cancelled the football season when many of us who followed the science said ...

And I criticized that decision from the start, while at the same time pushing back at the idiotic reasoning that this thing was a hoax.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)Mine aren’t uniformed though James. I’ve seen it go both ways.

Buckeyechick, you are on the ground helping with this disease, and I have so far never seen you say this pandemic is a hoax, but that is the implication I am pushing back against. It is not true that there are no numbers we can rely on, though you are right that no one knows the exact number of cases or deaths the disease has caused. But then, no one know exactly how many people have died from cancer or heart disease or every other cause of death, including automobile accidents. No one knows the exact number of anything that big.

However, when good researchers study excess deaths this year, they see around 300,000 more deaths than last year in our country, and the obvious implication is that they didn't die from watching too much TV or playing too much X Box and there isn't some other unknown disease killing them. Directly or indirectly, Covid has killed 300,000 people this year so far. It is wrong to say, we don't know the exact number, so we don't know anything. We know a lot, and one thing we know, and you know better than most, is that this disease is out there and it is a killer.

• red99car said... (original post)Smoking is not filling up ICUs and wreaking havoc with normal day to day operations at hospitals across the country, genius.

Don’t bother arguing. You can’t cure dumbness with reason. People like that need treatments similar to Charlie Gordon in Flowers for Algernon. Even then, it’s debatable.

• dkeener67 said... (original post)Lol. I find the directness of this humorous.

Doesn't bother me. Let's talk football. I'm down with that.

• BucksGuy2511 said... (original post)No our idiot "leaders" are....@sshat. Funny that the hospitals they didn't want to "overrun" in the spring not only di...

This post was edited by DaytonBuckeye 1 month ago

• Nothing really looks good for our team. Even if by some miracle we qualify, the teams we play will have had the opportunity to play many more games & iron our many more problems

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)So I agree somewhat....hospitals are indeed being overrun rt panic but people are also dying. Lost my Uncle last week to this.

Sorry for your loss. Truly but people die every year from the flu and pneumonia. Mostly elderly people. Not being insensitive but i think the blobal coberage and constant death count have made the anxiety worse.
  • JamesWright said... (original post)Buckeyechick, you are on the ground helping with this disease, and I have so far never seen you say this pandemic is a hoax, but that is the imp...

How many people die from the flu normally vs this year?
  • DZforTHREE said... (original post)Sorry for your loss. Truly but people die every year from the flu and pneumonia. Mostly elderly people. Not being insensitive but i think the blo...

Imagine if there was a fake death count for heart disease or diabetes. That would actually benefit America.
  • TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)Covid isn't a big deal. I had it. It's flu like and less harmful than the flu for young and healthy people. This is all so dumb. You can't co...

Just because it wasn't a big deal for you doesn't mean it's not a big deal for others. That being said if I were a betting man I'd put good money on the Buckeyes playing this week and next, stomping the two teams up north
  • red99car said... (original post)You're an idiot. Do you live in a bubble?https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/27/health/covid-hospitals-overload.htmlI live in the outskirts of Cha...

The New York Times were the ones using pictures of hospitals in Italy and told us it was in New York. How many times are you going to fall for their fake news?

• Stratbuck said... (original post) The New York Times were the ones using pictures of hospitals in Italy and told us it was in New York. How many times are you going to fall for th...

Do you have supporting evidence? I'd like to see.

• DZforTHREE said... (original post)How many people die from the flu normally vs this year?

That bolster my argument. Less flu = more Covid.

• JamesWright said... (original post)That bolster my argument. Less flu = more Covid.

Covid makes peiple immune to the flu?