Can We Get Some Respect?

Can We Get Some Respect?

• Good win by OSU. Difference was OSU run game and our inability to run. I do think, however, that IU proved it is a good team, and much improved overall compared to the past few, well, decades. Whenever IU played OSU, there was such a disparity in speed and athleticism. I think the gap has narrowed some.

That said, lots of disrespect towards IU in some comments on this board. Based on what you saw, do you have more respect for IU now?

AdvRider
    Posted on Nov 19th, 1:58 PM
    Nov 19th, 1:58 PM
    Anyone thinking this is going to be a tough game needs to re-evaluate.

danwohl1
    Posted on Nov 19th, 2:03 PM
    Nov 19th, 2:03 PM
    I see this as a 49-17 game.

JMULLEN45
    Posted on Nov 19th, 10:01 PM
    Nov 19th, 10:01 PM
    God I love some people on here. Indiana isn’t even in the same stratosphere as us. The OP’s point is absolutely applicable. I’ll be surprise if this game isn’t over at halftime.

• Discussion
  • I’ve always had respect for IU. And I think we are not as good as the nation thinks right now

• BriGuy said... (original post)I’ve always had respect for IU. And I think we are not as good as the nation thinks right now

Based on the 2 OSU games I've watched this year, how far you go will hinge on how much your secondary improves.

• Yes. But the respect will be longstanding IF you all win out the rest of the way.
    In other words, so long as you don't follow this almost win with a loss to Illinois or Maryland for instance. And then if you go on to a quality bowl game in the postseason and if not winning it, at least being highly competitive.

• DCGeneral said... (original post)Good win by OSU. Difference was OSU run game and our inability to run. I do think, however, that IU proved it is a good team, and much improved ov...

Only a Hoosier comes over after their teams loses and demands respect.

I think the outcome of this game says more about OSU than Indiana. Playing and coaching down to the opponent’s level is never a good thing.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Only a Hoosier comes over after their teams loses and demands respect.I think the outcome of this game says more about OSU than Indiana. Playing and c...

I wasn't demanding anything.

Really classy post by you.

• Honestly, IU has earned respect for this year up to this point, but finishing strong is a must.

However looking to other boards for validation is a sign of desperation in getting an emotional high of sorts. I'd advise you to look inward on that

• Indiana has been a very solid team ever since Kevin Wilson took over the program. Where they’ve lacked is that quality depth, hanging with tough teams for 3+ quarters, but ran out of steam and couldn’t finish. This year’s team lasted past the halfway Mark of the fourth quarter before they ran out of steam, which is an improvement. Congrats.

• Indiana got out talented, ohio st got out coached

• EYE93 said... (original post)Only a Hoosier comes over after their teams loses and demands respect.I think the outcome of this game says more about OSU than Indiana. Playing and c...

You said it. IU has a pathetic run game....but it wasn’t needed because our corners and safeties had the coverage abilities of a fig leaf. Any team from here on out needs to throw 50 times against us before they even attempt a run.

• DCGeneral said... (original post)I wasn't demanding anything.Really classy post by you.

Then why post a respect request? Respect is earned. Not asked for. No. I don’t respect IU. The Bucks were up 35-7 despite turnovers and stupid penalties. Then decided to play down to their level of competition for the 3rd straight week. Go back to Hee-Haw Grandpa Jones.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Then why post a respect request? Respect is earned. Not asked for. No. I don’t respect IU. The Bucks were up 35-7 despite turnovers and stupid penalti...

Ok, tough guy. Unlike the rest of the people here, you are kind of a dick. Funny hearing a guy from Ohio calling an IU poster "Hee-Haw".

• DCGeneral said... (original post)Ok, tough guy. Unlike the rest of the people here, you are kind of a dick. Funny hearing a guy from Ohio calling an IU poster "Hee-Haw".

I’ve been to Indiana. I was being kind with the Hee Haw reference.

You must lead a sad life. Begging for respect you’ll never get.

• buckeyebmr said... (original post)Indiana got out talented, ohio st got out coached

This.
  • Jaudio said... (original post)You said it. IU has a pathetic run game....but it wasn’t needed because our corners and safeties had the coverage abilities of a fig leaf. Any team f...

And any team with a decent backfield and a pulse on offense will hold IU down. They are improved, but two non turnovers, and piss poor play by our backfield made this much closer than it should of been. But, that is why the game is played on the field and not in a computer.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)And any team with a decent backfield and a pulse on offense will hold IU down. They are improved, but two non turnovers, and piss poor play by ...

This
  • Also an IU fan and would normally never post...but have to say I find the OP to be borderline absurd on someone's else board.

Entertaining game and good luck the rest of the way.

• Respect given. Penix is a tough hombre.

• Hoosier Fire said... (original post)Also an IU fan and would normally never post...but have to say I find the OP to be borderline absurd on someone's else board.Entertaining ...

Yep. Just trying to get attention.

• DCGeneral said... (original post)Good win by OSU. Difference was OSU run game and our inability to run. I do think, however, that IU proved it is a good team, and much improved ov...

Much respect ... tough game to watch as an OSU fan, yet I found myself quasi-entertained by Indiana’s fight. That’s not meant in a condescending way - Indiana just kept chopping, which was great to witness, even though I chewed my fingernails off.

Now go finish strong and win a big bowl game! You’ve got this. Good game.

• No respect untill you beat the champ no soup for u end of story

• EYE93 said... (original post)I’ve been to Indiana. I was being kind with the Hee Haw reference. You must lead a sad life. Begging for respect you’ll never get.

I don't live in IN. LOL that you think OH is superior to IN. Both are on the same level.

This is a good board from what I can see. You are the only clown here. LOL.
  • DCGeneral said... (original post)I don't live in IN. LOL that you think OH is superior to IN. Both are on the same level.This is a good board from what I can see. You are the ...

The only clown is the insecure Hoosier Daddy fan that came over here begging for respect. Even an IU fan called you out for being a loser.

You must live in the DC cesspool. That’s so much better.

This post was edited by EYE93 1 month ago

• There are a certain of amount of people who don't really watch enough football to make any educated statements. These people think we will win every game 80-0. I have respected Indiana for a few years now, it was after the way we manhandled you last year that I knew we would be national championship good.

• FFL COMMISH said... (original post)There are a certain of amount of people who don't really watch enough football to make any educated statements. These people think we will ...

Nobody expects 80-0 victories genius. However, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to assume the secondary won’t give up 500 yards passing and blow a 35-7 lead.

• DCGeneral said... (original post)This is a good board from what I can see. You are the only clown here. LOL.

You’ve leaned quickly! Eye and Strat are our board’s version of the kid on Something About Mary asking if you’ve seen his baseball.

Eye has brains but never amounted to much, Strat is full-fledged retard.