Cheering for Titans to Win or Lose???

Cheering for Titans to Win or Lose???

• So, it occurs to me that a whole lot is at play here... Vrable is a badass Buckeye, but another win keeps Coombs IF he is coming back. A Titan win also is a trifecta for a really cool underdog victory, a small payback for Modell’s misery, and smashing another Harbaugh...

Thoughts??

• Discussion
  • Loving this game,Vrabel is a defensive guru,Making Jackson beat him with his arm and he can't,Ravens getting a beat down,love watching all the Hairballs loose especially too a formerBuckeye player and coach

• schooba said... (original post)So, it occurs to me that a whole lot is at play here... Vrable is a badass Buckeye, but another win keeps Coombs IF he is coming back. A Titan win a...

You know after Day, I wouldn't Mind having Vrabel as a coach for the Buckeye's,never know it could happen
  • schooba said... (original post)So, it occurs to me that a whole lot is at play here... Vrable is a badass Buckeye, but another win keeps Coombs IF he is coming back. A Titan win a...

And Vrabel.beat Michigan puke in Brady and Belichek ,I see Titans going too Superbowl,Vrabel has this Defense playing at a high level,and they have a bruising running game with Derrick Henry dudes a beast
  • Vrabel is really impressing right now as a HC.

• miguelissimo said... (original post)Vrabel is really impressing right now as a HC.

This was an incredibly impressive win. He continues to make hard decisions and his team is as tough as he is… Hate to lose Coach Coombs for more time if he truly is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but man is this a nice change of pace, watching old-school Vrabel playing ground and pound

This post was edited by schooba 1 month ago

• schooba said... (original post)This was an incredibly impressive win. He continues to make hard decisions and his team is as tough as he is… Hate to lose Coach Coombs for more tim...

I think Coombs becomes even more valuable on the recruiting trail with a ring on his finger. Willing to wait this one out.

• Coombs now becomes more valuable as an NFL promotion as well. I hope he chooses to come here.

• Not so fast, the Titan’s secondary gave up 365 yards passing to Baltimore! I’m no fan of the Titan’s and yes I know the Titan’s had three turnovers. But how do you pile up 530 total years of offense and lose so badly? Heck, they out gained the Titan’s by 230 yards. It just proves their video game offense will not win consistently in the NFL!

This post was edited by Born2baBuckeye 1 month ago

• Born2baBuckeye said... (original post)Not so fast, the Titan’s secondary gave up 365 yards passing to Baltimore! I’m no fan of the Titan’s and yes I know the Titan’s had three tur...

Jackson threw the ball almost 60 times that's how u give up that many yards,that was the game plan make Jackson beat you with his arm and not let him run wild,they kept him in check running he had couple decent runs but never a game changer,they took away the edges and had two spys on him,Ravens last td was a mop up td that's how they got so may yards passing, they bent but didn't break,and stuffed Jackson many times running the ball,***** on three short and ones on 4th down they stuffed Jackson,who cares how many meaningless yards he had or threw for,he got beat down yesterday.
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post) Jackson threw the ball almost 60 times that's how u give up that many yards,that was the game plan make Jackson beat you with his arm and not ...

Additionally, the defense of backs for the most part played very well. Now, it helped that the route running by the Raven receivers was not exactly crisp. Overall I would say the defense had a very good game plan

• Stats and scores are really deceiving in this one. Didn't watch the game but I see the INTs and winning the game in the trenches were the deciding factors.

But hey, it's just another Buckeye beating a Harbaugh. Starting to become routine.

Go BUCKS!!!
    OHIO STATE in '20!!!

• I agree with your comments, my point however was more about the secondary, coached by Coombs giving up 365 yards! Yes I could see the Titan's were playing a loose zone most of the game. Stats are stats, had the Buckeyes given up 365 passing yards and 200 rushing yards against Penn State, Wisconsin or Michigan they would have lost! I don't want to see them revert back to the 2018 defense. Coombs is an excellent recruiter so hopefully if he is the replacement he can continue that trend.

This post was edited by Born2baBuckeye 1 month ago

• Was pulling for the Ravens, so nice to see Harbought's brother doing well while he's not, would make for some great dinner table conversations at mom's.
    Henry = Beast, a good reason AL was so good during his time there.

• IndyDog said... (original post)Was pulling for the Ravens, so nice to see Harbought's brother doing well while he's not, would make for some great dinner table conversations at mo...

Henry was killing Osu in Nc why they went away from him in that game was beyond belief..
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)Henry was killing Osu in Nc why they went away from him in that game was beyond belief..

Because Lane Kiffin is always the smartest guy in the room… A steady diet of Derek Henry would’ve beat our ****…

• Born2baBuckeye said... (original post)I agree with your comments, my point however was more about the secondary, coached by Coombs giving up 365 yards! Yes I could see the Titan&#...

Not sure whether or not you watched the game. From my perspective that no time in the entire second half dead the ravens appear as if they were going to win. It most assuredly was rebels game plan to allow 7 to 10 yard passes as he did not think the arm could be them. Turns out This was true as they were many fluttered passes. I think if memory serves me right the Titans only past four times in the entire second half, they simply allowed the Ravens to do whatever they wanted to do with the ball, played tight deep defense and then gave them a steady diet of Derek Henry running the ball down their throat and eating up time on offense.

• And to think last year on this very board i had to argue that Mike Vrable was more than capable of taking over at Ohio State, yet was told he didn't have enough experience LOl and no signature Wins, Yet Ryan Day did? I guess after beating the Winningest Super Bowl Coach with the greatest NFL QB in history 2 years in a row he would have trouble out X ing and O ing Jimmy Harbaugh .
    To bad Meyers ran him off as his pedigree is true Buckeye .

• schooba said... (original post)Not sure whether or not you watched the game. From my perspective that no time in the entire second half dead the ravens appear as if they were goin...

2 Playoff games in a Row they passed for less than 100 yards 77 and 83 , Only 2 other Teams have ever did that and they won. Both went on to Win the Super Bowl. Tall order for the Titian's but who knows. Thats why they play the games.

• tcsoup said... (original post)...To bad Meyers ran him off as his pedigree is true Buckeye .

Meyer ran him off? I didn't know that. You have a source or is this just common knowledge that I just missed?

• tcsoup said... (original post)And to think last year on this very board i had to argue that Mike Vrable was more than capable of taking over at Ohio State, yet was told he didn&#x...

Not sure UFM ran him off. I get the sense that The Vrabel mindset plays better with a professional, mercenary mindset… All of the mamby-pamby pampering of young athletes I think would wear on Vrabel after a while...

• Jimmy77 said... (original post)Meyer ran him off? I didn't know that. You have a source or is this just common knowledge that I just missed?

It's no secret they butted heads at times , 2 Alpha Males as Ted Nugent said there is only going to be one of them in my band and its me.

• schooba said... (original post)Because Lane Kiffin is always the smartest guy in the room… A steady diet of Derek Henry would’ve beat our ****…

Agree
  • tcsoup said... (original post)And to think last year on this very board i had to argue that Mike Vrable was more than capable of taking over at Ohio State, yet was told he didn't ...

I remember you did say that ,Vabrel is a motivater of men and plays old school football he reminds me of the way Belichek coaches...