Etienne returning, why can’t we ever get guys to stay?

Etienne returning, why can’t we ever get guys to stay?

• would love to see Wade bring Etienne down short of the line to gain on 4th down next January resulting in the ball coming back to us to run the clock out on Clemson's season and take home the title.

• We had 7 guys elect to return when they could have gone out. I don't get the OP.

• I'm not really sure what he's hoping to improve on. If anything he risks getting passed by other younger players with similar skillset not to mention injury risk.

He had a chance of being the fastest RB in the draft which always helps. Its not a particularly overloaded class.

• Nupanther said... (original post)I remember reading that Etienne was the 4th rated RB. In 2020 that isn't a 1st round guarantee. Perhaps he wants to bump his stock to 1st round. P...

He sucks Dobbins is way better than him,if Dobbins didn't have butter fingers in playoff game Osu wins by two TDs,just one of those games,he usually catches everything out of back field.D Dobbins will go late first round dude is a beast and reminds me of Emmit Smith
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)He sucks Dobbins is way better than him,if Dobbins didn't have butter fingers in playoff game Osu wins by two TDs,...

Hmmm?

• buhkeiz said... (original post)I'm not really sure what he's hoping to improve on. If anything he risks getting passed by other younger players with similar skillset not ...

Maybe I'm being a little bit of a Pollyanna when I say this but maybe the kid just wanted to finish what he started. It's possible I suppose.

• If he really loves college then great, but I just don't by the "improving his stock" arguments I've seen. Perhaps the RB class next year won't be as strong, but I just don't see a way for him to showcase any new skills in Clemson's offensive system with Lawrence still there and against ACC defenses. We know he's a stud catching the ball out of the backfield...will he get more opportunities to show his ground game against good defenses?

• Some kids actually do come back to win a natty. That said, Etienne already accomplished that.

• JamesWright said... (original post)Some kids actually do come back to win a natty. That said, Etienne already accomplished that.

Who knows. Maybe he had personal goals he had yet to accomplish.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)Who knows. Maybe he had personal goals he had yet to accomplish.

Could be. It's fair to criticize the decision from a financial point of view, unless he thinks he can make more money by somehow getting into the top dozen picks, but that's his business. I have no problem with it. If he were a Buckeye I'd be TOTALLY in favor.

• with the shelf life of a running back in the pros,hard to figure.