Herbie: OSU to miss MSU game too

Herbie: OSU to miss MSU game too

• Ysettle said... (original post)Loosing these opportunities to improve is killer. Buckeyes have an 117th ranked passing defense. Alabama and Clemson has well oiled top 10 passing o...

Well said sir ... when I watched Bama in their first couple games, I saw a flawed team that I boasted would be a relative "easy" matchup for Ohio State.

Now, watching them more recently after some significant progress (especially on defense), Bama beats this current OSU team by 2 touchdowns (at least).

Can that change? Of course! With OSU's coaching staff and these thoroughbred athletes, the Buckeyes CAN still win the whole thing ... but game experience has never been more crucial, and right now we are in a tough spot.

• buck1977 said... (original post)So the conference would rather have a school with 1/5 the enrollment, 1/5 the alumni base and 1/10 the general fan base in the CFP over Ohio State ...

You are making my point for me. I said the B1G would rather change eligibility for the game than leave us out. But I also think the would do the same for the weasels if they were our only playoff hope.

• So what is the protocol? When can they resume practice assuming no more players test Positive?

• HiFiver25 said... (original post)So what is the protocol? When can they resume practice assuming no more players test Positive?

I think the protocol is, “make it up as you go” or “lick your finger, place into wind, determine which way it is blowing, go that way”.

• I was initially thinking sacrificing the MSU game won’t be a big deal if that ensures playing the two game afterwards. But now I think every game is important because there’s no guarantee that either Michigan or Wisconsin will show up.

• Jaudio said... (original post)I think the protocol is, “make it up as you go” or “lick your finger, place into wind, determine which way it is blowing, go that way”.

LOL, I think you're right. But they did mention practicing THursday and doing a walk through Friday and then playing Saturday, so if there is a deadline,. Thursday is it.

• HiFiver25 said... (original post)I was initially thinking sacrificing the MSU game won’t be a big deal if that ensures playing the two game afterwards. But now I think every game ...

Glad you're finally catching up. We could've played Illinois and should have. It's not even a debate but the idiots Jean, Karen, and Borchers have killed our season. Truth be told, we weren't beating Alabama and Clemson this year anyway with our secondary and their passing offense. Last year was our chance and we lost it with the help of the officials, but that costly INT by fields at the end when he had Dobbins wide open on the check down will haunt all Buckeyes forever.
  • Ttun has shut down football activities pending testing.

• BriGuy said... (original post)Ttun has shut down football activities pending testing.

Again, Season. Is. Over. Thanks to Jean, Karen, and Borchers.
  • I will say all covid tests came back clean today and players are at the Woody today. But I'm still not optimistic. You just can't be this year.

• Buckeyenutjob said... (original post)I hope Larry Johnson stays away for the sake of his health - let the interns or Mattison handle the DL in a game. He just seems like at higher ...

You know mattison is the same age?
  • TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)I will say all covid tests came back clean today and players are at the Woody today. But I'm still not optimistic. You just can't b...

I think that is a reasonable scenario. The Covid testing is COMPLETLY unreliable and false positives happen more times that anyone cares to admit. Hell, Elon Musk just ~3 weeks ago tested positive, than negative, then used a different test and was positive again and he followed up a day later with another test and was negative.