I Hope the Bengals Trade the rights to the first pick!

I Hope the Bengals Trade the rights to the first pick!

• I was born in Cleveland but grew up in Cincinnati. I've lived all over the country but I returned to greater Cincinnati in 2005. I love my home state and I love the Ohio State Buckeyes! I also love Joe Burrow and would love to see him have a Hall of Fame career. As much potential that he will bring to the NFL, he can't win by himself. The Brown family is not interested in winning football games, there're only interested in making money for themselves! In fact, they make more money by putting a non-playoff team on the field year after year. Attendance has been down so drafting Burrow will definitely put butts in the seats translation, more money for the Browns!!! Here's my issue, the Bengals have the worst offensive line in the entire NFL! The Bengals have no receivers! I don't want to see Burrow get murdered trying to be the Quarterback for the Bengals. Mike Browns hired a no name no head coaching experience head coach and he, Mike Brown refuses to hire a General Manager. I live in a northern suburb because I refuse to pay the Paul Brown stadium tax by living in Hamilton County! I will become a Bengal fan when Mike Brown sells the team to someone that wants to actually put a winning team on the field!

• Discussion
  • The Bengals have never learned that you build a team from the inside out. You start on the OL/DL. My uncle who coached for 30+ years always said "Show me your offensive and defensive lines, and I'll tell you how good your football team is." The Bengals never learned this. They will draft big name skill players to put butts in the seats, but they're nothing more than a fancy hood ornaments, without anyone to block for them. I was a Bengal fan my entire life, and I just gave up. I just couldn't take it anymore. The Bengals franchise that is not committed to success and winning Super Bowls.

I'm not so convinced the Bengals should pass on Burrow though. They should pick up Burrow along with an OT in the second round. Burrow is going to be a success in the league.

• It's a shame that Joe will most likely be the #1 pick of the Bengals. It's not often you're the #1 pick and join a less talented NFL team than the one you played on in college.

• bucksandsurfing said... (original post)The Bengals have never learned that you build a team from the inside out. You start on the OL/DL. My uncle who coached for 30+ years always ...

So - given the bengals used their first pick last season on a very high regarded Left Tackle in 2019, and took Billy Price who most thought was a very solid C in the first round in 2018, and took Hubbard in Rd 3 in 2018 and Wren in 2019 late,

And they resigned Atkins in 2018 (though hes aging) and Dunlap for 2 more years,

Wouldnt that be a team thats trying to build around the OL/DL?

Im not following your disappointment (unless you bailed a while ago).

If anything they've drafted VERY boring the pasty 8-9 years (except Ross which bit them in the butt over and over).

• Wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals get hoodwinked for the #1 Draft pick by NE or Pittsburgh . Both long time stable/ winning organizations with aging Super Star QB's who know how important the position is.
    Plus the Browns won't want to pay him after the Franchise tagging wears off if even then.
    So they will end up trading him from a less than desirable position.

• Born2baBuckeye said... (original post)I was born in Cleveland but grew up in Cincinnati. I've lived all over the country but I returned to greater Cincinnati in 2005. I love my ho...

Bengals had some great teams but Marvin Lewis was our coach and Jeremy Hill fumbled against Pittsburgh sealing the game in playoff's,ur crazy if u don't want Burrow

This post was edited by Jaymar1 1 month ago

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Bengals had some great teams but Marvin Lewis was our coach and Jeremy Hill fumbled against Pittsburgh sealing the game in playoff's,ur crazy i...

If great teams are teams that never have won a playoff game, you needs to set your standards just a little bit higher.

• Born2baBuckeye said... (original post)I was born in Cleveland but grew up in Cincinnati. I've lived all over the country but I returned to greater Cincinnati in 2005. I love ...

I agree with you 110% on this. Mike Brown is notoriously cheap and that franchise will not move forward until Brown sells the team. Either that or if someone can find him in a scandal on tape somewhere and use that as leverage to force him out.

• ashcobucksfan said... (original post)It's a shame that Joe will most likely be the #1 pick of the Bengals. It's not often you're the #1 pick and join a less talente...

From the Bayou Bengals to the Cincinnati Bungals.

• buhkeiz said... (original post)So - given the bengals used their first pick last season on a very high regarded Left Tackle in 2019, and took Billy Price who most thought was a ve...

The OT taken in the first round last year didn't even play. The remainder of the OL is really bad. Atkins/Dunlap are both old, and really just not very good. The DE position is has been a weakness for years. The record doesn't lie. Two wins. There you go.

How on earth could you not be following the disappointment? A team that hasn't won a playoff game in 30 years? What exactly are you not following? I hope you were joking. 30 years since the last time the Bengals won a playoff game!! Coming off a 2-win season! If you're a Bengals fan, the apocalypse and the second coming of Christ will happen before the Bengals win a SB.

The Bengals are the worst franchise in professional sports.

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)I agree with you 110% on this. Mike Brown is notoriously cheap and that franchise will not move forward until Brown sells the team. Either that ...

1st pick QB money is going to outrageous. Bengals made trade out of it for that reason alone.

• JAG24 said... (original post)1st pick QB money is going to outrageous. Bengals made trade out of it for that reason alone.

Absolutely! When a franchise isn't committed to winning, they don't want to pay. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Bengals trade the pick. They'll probably trade it and not get equal value. A number one pick for two future 4th round picks.

You can bet, the bengals will botch this, and not take Joe. Total loser of a franchise.

• I wish the Browns would send OBJ to them for the pick.

• DZforTHREE said... (original post)I wish the Browns would send OBJ to them for the pick.

Are u high nobody wants too get **** assaulted by Odb I mean Obj roflmao
  • Viking Buckeye said... (original post)If great teams are teams that never have won a playoff game, you needs to set your standards just a little bit higher.

Coach can't hold onto the ball running out the clock,that team would have went too Superbowl and probably won it,thanks Jeremy Hill lol

This post was edited by Jaymar1 1 month ago

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)From the Bayou Bengals to the Cincinnati Bungals.

Been more relevant than the assccowns I mean browns
  • bucksandsurfing said... (original post)The OT taken in the first round last year didn't even play. The remainder of the OL is really bad. Atkins/Dunlap are both old, and real...

No - you said that to build a franchise you start by building on the OL/DL. in the past 2 seasons they've dont exactly that by drafting high rated OL guys with their first picks and resigning proven vets. Atkins had a down year but when they resigned him he was amongst the best DT's in all of the NFL. Dunlap has played every game the lat 5 seasons and recorded 8 sacks. Hubbard seems to be a real nice find on teh opposite side.

It has not translated into wins at all. But you cant say "this is what good teams do" and then totally ignore that the bengals did exactly those things the past 2 years. Some questionable FA signings but they went after experience on the lines.

I hate how they are managed in the office, but no they are not the worst professional franchise. You dont make the playoffs 5 striaght years on shoestring budgets and with questionable players by accident. Their sister program in Cleveland is an absolute nightmare. They had more mojo this season than all the past decade and screwed that up and now have their 5th head coach (or whatever). Detroit has 5 winning seasons and 3 playoff appearances in teh past 20 years.

Again - Cincy is no model whatsoever to follow.

• buhkeiz said... (original post)No - you said that to build a franchise you start by building on the OL/DL. in the past 2 seasons they've dont exactly that by drafting high ra...

Here's the problem. You can say the Bungals "have done exactly that" with drafting OL/DL. BUT, are they drafting the right players on the OL/DL? Judging by the performance on the field, absolutely not. The guys they are drafting don't seem to be working out. This is where you get back to the lack of a GM, a football guy, that knows the right players to draft. Quantity is not quality. And quality means everything.

It's the worst franchise in history of professional sports. Someone that's 29 or 30 years old, and a Bengal fan. They haven't won a playoff game in your lifetime. Unbelievable.

This post was edited by bucksandsurfing 1 month ago

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Are u high nobody wants too get **** assaulted by Odb I mean Obj

Lol yeah I know wishful thinking. Not sold on Baker or the Browns in general. Rooting for the Bengals makes me feel sick though so I'll just continue to suffer as a hopeless Browns fan hahaha
  • bucksandsurfing said... (original post)The Bengals have never learned that you build a team from the inside out. You start on the OL/DL. My uncle who coached for 30+ years always ...

Bengals had a dominant Oline and Dline for many years under Lewis ,two all pro dlineman in Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap in the mid 2000s,and a great oline with an all pro in Witworth and company,just never had a great in game coach,but too say they never had a dominant d and O line in the mid 2000s in ludicrous,they had a dominant defense for many years in those years,just had a terrible coach in game that is..
  • bucksandsurfing said... (original post)Here's the problem. You can say the Bungals "have done exactly that" with drafting OL/DL. BUT, are they drafting the right players on the OL...

Every first round lineman Bengals draft always gets hurt before season even starts,one year they drafted a lineman first round out of Texas and M and he never played a full season,and the year they drafted him he missed his Senior season in college with torn ACL,who drafts a guy who was injured his whole senior season lmao the Browns that's who lol
  • Just take Joe Burrow at #1. Let's not overthink unless you are considering which Left Tackle at pick #2

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Bengals had a dominant Oline and Dline for many years under Lewis ,two all pro dlineman in Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap in the mid 2000s,and a grea...

Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap were good 8-10 years ago. They are not good today. Why haven't the bengals identified and developed new players to take their place? Because Bengals management is incompetent.

When you haven't won a playoff game in 30 years, you've got bigger problems than a terrible in game coach. Coaching, drafting, developing players, game-planning, designing scheme's to suit players strengths, lack of hiring a GM. It's all a major problem. And it goes on and on, as the Bengals are not dedicated to changing any of it.

The city of Cincinnati should demand better.

• bucksandsurfing said... (original post)Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap were good 8-10 years ago. They are not good today. Why haven't the bengals identified and developed new player...

Agreed,i did say early and mid 2000s when they were good on both lines,like I said the playoff loss against Pittsburgh on Hills fumble was there year it's not gonna happen again for a long time,unless Burrow is our Savior.

You are so right. That is unless Burrow gets killed in the first two years which he probably will if he is at Cincy!

• So, I keep hearing talk about the Panthers and Cinci making a deal. It would get Cam Newton to Cinci and maybe get Tua or even Joe to Carolina. I don't know if this is actually being considered outside of sports talk circles.

I understand the argument on both sides about Burrow. Why bring him in if there isn't a great O-Line to protect him? Why not bring him in if he is a sure-fire franchise QB?

I was curious what you all might think. The Panthers are obviously rebuilding, and in terms of starting with a QB or the line, I would rather start with the line. But Burrow, I mean that's not your typical QB prospect.