I Hope the Bengals Trade the rights to the first pick!

I Hope the Bengals Trade the rights to the first pick!

• JamesWright said... (original post)So, I keep hearing talk about the Panthers and Cinci making a deal. It would get Cam Newton to Cinci and maybe get Tua or even Joe to Carolina. ...

They have OL protection. They drafted an OT with their first round pick last year, stud from Bama. He was hurt and didn't play this year but he'll be back. They also have Billy Price and Michael Jordan, and they can add another OL with the second round pick this year. The OL is young and unproven, but there's talent there when they get everyone healthy.

Bengals need to not over think this, just take Joe. However that's not what they'll do. They will end up f*cking this up. It's what f*ck up franchises do, just screw the pooch on everything.
  • bucksandsurfing said... (original post)Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap were good 8-10 years ago. They are not good today. Why haven't the bengals identified and developed new p...

Well, pretty much all the PFF stats and analysis show that Dunlap and Atkins are near the top of the list going into 2019 season so I think you are wrong there.

for evidence

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-geno-atkins-remains-among-the-nfls-elite-interior-defensive-linemen

And then Hubbard would be in most peoples opinion a player "identified and developed to take their place" (at DE at least).

Your last paragraph is true though. However, while the bengals havent won a playoff game in 30 years, and you have the Browns Bucs and Jets who cant even get to teh playoffs (thePitt game was a disaster but everyone is very quick to forget that McCarron started that game - not Dalton - against Big Ben). Bengals have 2 different playoff games in teh last 15 years where their season starter DNP.

Maybe thats more common than I think, but I doubt it. Every team in 2019 playoffs started their season starter.

But you make your own luck

• JamesWright said... (original post)So, I keep hearing talk about the Panthers and Cinci making a deal. It would get Cam Newton to Cinci and maybe get Tua or even Joe to Carolina. ...

The Carolina Panthers tied the Dolphins for most sacks given up this past season.

If the logic against Cincy is weak OLine - then Carolina is far far far from the answer. Also 7th most QB hits (Cincy #22)

• Agree that both teams drafted O Linemen who were injured, and both struggled to protect their QB and be productive in that area. Agree that both could need a new QB.

Bengals have a good pass blocking line just can't run block ,and a first round lineman they drafted in last year's draft from Bama who was an all American,he got hurt first practice,missed all year, line will.be fine just need a Qb,dalton is getting worse every year and Aj Green only plays ever other year because he's Charmin soft,a nd new coaching staff sucks as well,least Lewis could win 7 8 games once in a while in a bad year