I'm just throwing this out there...

I'm just throwing this out there...

• Scenario: It's *ichigan week. Ohio State has already missed two games due to Covid. *ichigan sucks and is just counting down to when they can fire Harbaugh. No other games are cancelled.

Do you think it would be beneath Harbaugh with one foot out the door and the scUM administration to "fake" a Covid strike just to screw tOSU over and prevent them from being eligible for the B1G championship?

I only ask because, it is entirely possible they will be faced with that option..

• Discussion
  • Please, let's leave all conspiracy theories in the dustbin of history where they belong.

• Do you think he would be more motivated to do that, or to play the game and try to get a win?

• Bit far fetched imho. Harbz will show up and take his beating as usual.

• bfbuckeye said... (original post)Bit far fetched imho. Harbz will show up and take his beating as usual.

9810414.jpeg
  • ...like a red headed stepchild.....

• I think it’s more likely that he wants an actual attempt win to have even the slightest chance to salvage his “legacy” at xighcan. No true coach wants to finish out his coaching career at a school once again losing to their hated rival (a no contest this year would make last years loss to the Buckeyes just that for him).

• bfbuckeye said... (original post)...like a red headed stepchild.....

Well that explains why I was beaten so often. And here I thought it was because I wouldn't eat my peas.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)I think it’s more likely that he wants an actual attempt win to have even the slightest chance to salvage his “legacy” at xighcan. No true coac...

I'm with you Buckeyechick, Beating OSU this year might save his job, why would he purposely cancel.

This post was edited by Marty16x1 1 month ago

• Can you imagine when we beat meat chicken it will be 9 years in a row ,never in my wildest dreams I thought that could ever be done,be 49 this March and haven't lost to meat chicken in all my 40s lol

• Also, no one in the *ichigan medical staff would remotely sign off a potential medical fraud case. No medical professional is gonna risk getting fired, embarrassed or lose their license over any coach.

However with their change in quarterback they went from a 0.5% chance of beating us to a 3% chance.

• Marty16x1 said... (original post)I'm with you Buckeyechick, Beating OSU this year might save his job, why would he purposely cancel.

Especially if several of our starters are not allowed to play because of the stupid 21 days versus what the CDC recommends for everyone else. Don’t start with the heart issues. I believe that was debunked.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)Especially if several of our starters are not allowed to play because of the stupid 21 days versus what the CDC recommends for everyone else. ...

Yup that rule pisses me off to no end. I help be responsible for kids in my school system going back to play. We make sure they meet CDC guidelines (10 days if sick) then the kids can play. We’ve had no issues, none. I don’t just deal with my school but help deal with 5 other high schools. The B1G’s rule is a load of malarkey (see I’m doing better not cussing).

This post was edited by Buckeyechick 1 month ago

• Should have taken 10 weeks to play 8 games. Everyone gets a bye week middle and end of season for teams to make up games if needed.

Also, only the team that has to cancel doesn’t get credit for a game played. The team that didn’t cancel should still get credit for game played even though it doesn’t count on their record as a win or loss.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Should have taken 10 weeks to play 8 games. Everyone gets a bye week middle and end of season for teams to make up games if needed. Also, only the tea...

Maybe it’s my hangover, but I actually think this proposal by Eye is a damn good idea.

OSU shouldn’t have been penalized for Maryland causing their game’s cancellation.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Should have taken 10 weeks to play 8 games. Everyone gets a bye week middle and end of season for teams to make up games if needed. Also, only the tea...

Should have stuck with the original conference only schedule that was rolled out in early August 5 days before they cancelled nthe season.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)Yup that rule pisses me off to no end. I help be responsible for kids in my school system going back to play. We make sure they meet CDC guidel...

Plus one for not cussing!

• BigAppleBuckeye said... (original post)Maybe it’s my hangover, but I actually think this proposal by Eye is a damn good idea. OSU shouldn’t have been penalized for Maryland causin...

Maybe we should be emailing Warren and Geno this. This should be factored into the decision on who represents for the BiG CC game. Oh, btw... don’t forget we did beat IU.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)Maybe we should be emailing Warren and Geno this. This should be factored into the decision on who represents for the BiG CC game. Oh, btw... ...

Too late now.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)Maybe we should be emailing Warren and Geno this. This should be factored into the decision on who represents for the BiG CC game. Oh, btw... ...

Emails to him bounce a lot. Utah and I called, emailed and called a ton more when Warren and his band of yes men/women cancelled B1G football originally. I literally called several times a day for weeks. Calls would sometimes go through to his assistant, once him and if you didn’t get a live person you always got VM...but emails never did go through for me. You can though leave him messages on his website.

• Maybe not. I mean think about it.....tOSU being in the mix would make the conference money. Makes sense to find a way for them to still get there.

• Buckeyechick said... (original post)Maybe not. I mean think about it.....tOSU being in the mix would make the conference money. Makes sense to find a way for them to still get the...

I doubt they will change the rules now. All the schools agreed to these stupid rules in order to play. They now have to live with the consequences.

• JamesWright said... (original post)Please, let's leave all conspiracy theories in the dustbin of history where they belong.

Conspiracy theories can't be history.. otherwise they wouldn't be a theory.
  • I guess PSU proved yesterday that Harbaugh has again annointed a new qb with Mazola Oil rather than holy oil in as much as McNamara floundered. Way to go, Jim!

• Nice try but in the first place, how are you going to do that. It would not be in his hands to falsify test results. It also would not be in his hands to call off a game otherwise. The athletic director and university president would be involved. And lastly, do you believe the earth is flat. Just wondering.

• A high % of scUM fans want the game cancelled. Read a few threads on any of their boards. They’d rather see us left out of any championships by the game being cancelled than another beat down.
    The players IMO look like they’ve already quit. So I think most of them would rather see the game cancelled.
    As for the coaches, I don’t think there is any way you can be at that level and want that game cancelled.

This post was edited by BriGuy 1 month ago