LSU Potential NCAA Violation

LSU Potential NCAA Violation

• There continues to be reports, including Burrow himself, confirming that OBJ was giving players actual cash. This should be no different than boosters giving players cash. Maybe LSU will force players to return the money, no harm, no foul, type of scenario. However, doesn’t the NCAA need to look in to this?

• Discussion
  • It's on video. But I doubt the NCAA wants to look into it. To be consistent, they would have to make them forfeit the NC. Ain't happening.

• In addition to the video showing OBJ giving money to a coupe players and Burrow saying that the money was real, we have LSU making a statement that the money was fake.

So there's a couple things going on:

1. OBJ gave money to the players. Did they give it back? Is there some sort of punishment for accepting that money? How much money was it?

2. LSU made a statement saying that the money is fake. Their statement is contrary to what Burrow says. Does the NCAA give some sort of punishment for LSU lying?

I actually wouldn't really care that much, but that fact that the university is on record lying that the money was fake should warrant some sort of punishment.

• Nothing to see here move on. If it was Zeke Elliot, the ESPN sports writers would be demanding the death penalty for OSU.

• https://twitter.com/APGroover/status/1217578703300915200

LSU backtracking from saying it was fake money.

• Not only this story, but an LSU Booster was arrested, tried and convicted for embezzling money from a Children's Hospital sometime back. He was routing the money to players and family members through the family menbers for various activities including travel expenses. The NCAA was supposedly looking into this matter all year and yet it hasn't see much, if any air time at all. You know what the NCAA is going to say? They'll say that this was a rogue booster and the families and legal action was taken on the booster. The school and the players concerned knew nothing of the matter. From E$PeeIN….. CRICKETS!

• SEC. Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Where there is smoke there is fire.....but ESPN to the rescue to put the fire out. Can’t tarnish their SEC cash cow!

This post was edited by DaytonBuckeye 1 month ago

• LOL...all hands on deck for ESPiN, the Cover-Up staff is working overtime to supplant this with an OSU or USC story.

• Fracking "Novelty Bills?" LOL! Seriously? Who woudl do THAT? That line there is an "effin lie" of biblical proportions if I ever heard one........ Who goes to the players after the game with monopoly money! I don't believe one word of this bogus official statement. Lying bastards!!

BN

This post was edited by BuckNasty_MD 1 month ago

• So just as soon as I typed my post.......LSU is now ADMITTING that dumb Beckham gave the players cash??

See here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/us/lsu-odell-beckham-jr-postgame-cash/index.html

Dude is a certified idiot! I am sure the AD/ Athletics Department bans him from the team as they go forward. You can't have

people THIS kind of stupid near your athletes and your schools assets. They need to be disiciplined for this the same way that tOSU

was disciplined in the Micah Parsons recruiting/ Herbstreit nonsense that lead to that kid going to PSU as opposed to signing with the Buckeyes.

Just freaking stupid on so many levels......

BN

• Nasty, when I read "novelty bills," I almost spit out my oatmeal. LOL! Like Odell Beckham is walking around with monopoly money!

• BuckNasty_MD said... (original post)So just as soon as I typed my post.......LSU is now ADMITTING that dumb Beckham gave the players cash??See here:https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/...

And you know damn well this wasn’t the only time these LSU players were given money this year. Of course no further investigation will be done.

This post was edited by EYE93 1 month ago

• It’s the all and mighty SEC business as usual what would happen if a big team was rumored to pay a quarterbacks family 300000 exactly!! Small potatoes here

• Money looked real on video I saw.

• BIGBUCK20 said... (original post)Not only this story, but an LSU Booster was arrested, tried and convicted for embezzling money from a Children's Hospital sometime back. He w...

I am a little foggy here but wasn’t there an big player at one of the major big ten schools that got hammered for takeing a loan from a family friend. to take his girlfriend to a bowel game. DUH

• Jimmy77 said... (original post)Nasty, when I read "novelty bills," I almost spit out my oatmeal. LOL! Like Odell Beckham is walking around with monopoly money!

LOL!! Me too. Total effin BS by any measurable standard......

BN

• Manesc said... (original post)Money looked real on video I saw.

Cause it was. Did you read the article I posted where the school "now admits that the cash was real?"

The initial excuse far too stupid for the PR person who wrote the presser to believe it! They have "fessed up!"

I am sure the school president read it and laughed his damn self!!

BN

• Lsu is also known for players getting busted juicing and having it swept under the rug.

• Actually this why it always worries me that we have a certain nba player buying stuff for the team what else is he doing ?

• OSUfromcal said... (original post)In addition to the video showing OBJ giving money to a coupe players and Burrow saying that the money was real, we have LSU making a statement th...

They gave Tress a five year ban for allegedly lying.

• IndyDog said... (original post)LOL...all hands on deck for ESPiN, the Cover-Up staff is working overtime to supplant this with an OSU or USC story.

Think they're after Penn State this time . Anyone that's part of the B1G and FOX is a target

• buckman206 said... (original post)Actually this why it always worries me that we have a certain nba player buying stuff for the team what else is he doing ?

He has no ties too OSU unless he's a booster .

• LSU national champs....New target LSU.

• Turns out it was fake money.

• DaytonBuckeye said... (original post)Where there is smoke there is fire.....but ESPN to the rescue to put the fire out. Can’t tarnish their SEC cash cow!

What is it about this Yankee network that's always running to the defense of The South Eastern Confederacy?