Maurice Clarett explains all.

Maurice Clarett explains all.

• I was on youtube earlier looking for a particular instruction manual demonstration and noticed off to the side this series of interviews that Maurice Clarett recently partook in. This is the first time I've ever watched this channel because I'm not subscribed but this series was quite revealing and interesting indeed,. These interviews seem to coincide with the release of his new book.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dj+vlad+maurice+clarett

• Discussion
  • Interesting. Thank you for the link.

• Maurice Clarett ad nauseum. Yawn.....

• Maurice Clarett is a perfect example of what happens when a player thinks hes more important than the team and then reality crashes down around him when he finally realizes he's not.

• Marty16x1 said... (original post)Maurice Clarett is a perfect example of what happens when a player thinks hes more important than the team and then reality crashes down around hi...

'Exactly, had Clarett played three years at Ohio State and matured, he could have been a great pro, he threw that away

• I admire the young man for taking ownership and turning things around. He has probably impacted more lives taking this route than he would've playing football.
    example: see Antonio Brown

• Give the guy some credit.....he was great, lost it all, and has built himself back to a productive citizen. Sure, there was a lot of unrealized potential, but I’m not about to throw stones at the guy at this point especially because it appears that he has owned up to his stupidity and irresponsibility. That rarely happens these days, so I applaud it when it does. He also seems to be keeping himself in shape instead of sliding into a barely walking, always waddling 40 something slob. Props.

This post was edited by Jaudio 25 days ago

• The kid was 18. It was a magical year. I've enver seen any Buckeye RB steal the ball back after an int. But as Jaudio alluded to - it's not the peak you reach but how you get after getting knocked down. Good luck Maurice!

• EYE93 said... (original post)Maurice Clarett ad nauseum. Yawn.....

Yea yawn if it wasn't for Claret stripping Miami's all pro corner after the pic Krenzel threw and his td in Ot and his brilliant regular season as Freshman, OSU losses that Nc game and for a fact Osu doesn't even make a NC without Mo Claret, I hung out with Mo and worked out with him on a regular basis ,he just had too many talking heads involved in his life and got bad advice,like Jim Brown and a couple slimmy agents,dude was a great person and guy,give u the shirt off his back..

This post was edited by Jaymar1 24 days ago

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Yea yawn if it wasn't for Claret stripping Miami's all pro corner after the pic Krenzel threw and his td in Ot and his brilliant regular s...

Yeah. And if he wasn’t such a “me” person, he could have helped OSU win back to back championships. The guy was out for number one and screwed the university and himself in the process. Get a clue.

This post was edited by EYE93 24 days ago

• EYE93 said... (original post)Yeah. And if he wasn’t such a “me” person, he could have helped OSU win back to back championships. The guy was out for number one and screwed the uni...

I got a clue,guy was my friend and a good guy,he got caught up in money and the wrong crowd and fame,guess you never made any mistakes as a 18 19 year old kid u were perfect right?
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)I got a clue,guy was my friend and a good guy,he got caught up in money and the wrong crowd and fame,guess you never made any mistakes as a 18 19 ye...

Never made mistakes like he did. Look, I’m glad he turned his life around. I really am. But you can’t erase the past. The fallout from his antics hung like a dark cloud over the program for quite some time. I try to forget he even played at OSU.

• I’m a big supporter of MC. I’ve got kids who have screwed up Big Time and changed their lives around. They now are older with families and great jobs.
    Their screw ups helped them realize they needed to change. They would not listen to me just like MC would not take advice from many people.
    A person only changes when they have hit rock bottom!!!
    I hope MC gets everything and then some!!!

• Redemption is a powerful. I am glad he is searching for that place in not only his heart, but also in the hearts of others. The kid has apparently made it out of the swamp of life from the mean streets, cheers to him!

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Yea yawn if it wasn't for Claret stripping Miami's all pro corner after the pic Krenzel threw and his td in Ot and his brilliant regular s...

Appreciate your point of view from someone who actually knows Maurice. The rest of us form opinions from what we read and see on TV. Nice to get your perspective.

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)I got a clue,guy was my friend and a good guy,he got caught up in money and the wrong crowd and fame,guess you never made any mistakes as a 18 19 ye...

It wasn't an 18/19 year old mistake, I dont need to go through the last 20 years of him making mistake after mistake with him destructing himself and his career, but it was more like years worth of screwups, glad to hear he's getting his life back together though, not too many positive things in life come from abuse of drugs and alcohol

This post was edited by Marty16x1 24 days ago

• Marty16x1 said... (original post)It wasn't an 18/19 year old mistake, I dont need to go through the last 20 years of him making mistake after mistake with him destructing him...

Yeah. Ask the people he held up at gun point if he was such a swell guy at the time. But hey, we all make mistakes.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Never made mistakes like he did. Look, I’m glad he turned his life around. I really am. But you can’t erase the past. The fallout from his antics hung ...

Yea try and forget the National Championship he won for Osu as well,Mo C doesn't play all season and in Nc Osu doesn't win a Natty bottom line,guys make mistakes,we all have,live and learn my man...OH!!!
  • Jimmy77 said... (original post)Appreciate your point of view from someone who actually knows Maurice. The rest of us form opinions from what we read and see on TV. Nice to get you...

Yea I miss those youthful days, Meet Mo from a friend who owned pawn shops around Cbus and opened a bar,used too sit with him and drink Grey goose till the sun came up,we all make mistakes,ive made mine and he made his,now he's making a positive effect on our youth, get around to it I'll post some pics of Mo and I...
  • EYE93 said... (original post)Yeah. Ask the people he held up at gun point if he was such a swell guy at the time. But hey, we all make mistakes.

Not what happened bud, I know the whole story on all that bs,not everything u hear is true.
  • EYE93 said... (original post)Yeah. Ask the people he held up at gun point if he was such a swell guy at the time. But hey, we all make mistakes.

And they were f en dirt bag people,one of them so called people pulled out a knife,so ur not really informed on many things
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)And they were f en dirt bag people,one of them so called people pulled out a knife,so ur not really informed on many things

Yeah. And an anonymous poster on a message board is credible. Bud....

• EYE93 said... (original post)Yeah. And an anonymous poster on a message board is credible. Bud....

Yea why would I lie about dumb bs like that, could care less ,I lived it u didn't,its all good bud...
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)Yea why would I lie about dumb bs like that, could care less ,I lived it u didn't,its all good bud...

Whatever Bud. He’s your friend. I get it. Have a good night.