Nation got cheated out of a good game. Our DBs could have

Nation got cheated out of a good game. Our DBs could have

• slowed LSU down and our running game could have kept momentum from swinging so quickly.

It is a shame the country didn't see us vs LSU because of some of the worst calls in playoff history.

I am not taking away what LSU did, but obviously we would have been a much better matchup

• Discussion
  • Was still a good game to watch, but I agree that OSU-LSU would have been a better game (Mostly because the Bucks would be playing). I'm slightly biased!

• It would have been a much better game. Does Ja'Mar chase beat Okudah three times like he did the Clemson DB? HELL NO!

• OSU would have been a better game.

• Sorry guys but you just can't let a QB like Lawrence.......run 73 yards to "pay dirt" on your alleged stellear/ championship caliber defense! I hear what you are saying but you guys need to put away the "Sour grapes" the "What ifs" and delusions of granduer. The Buckeyes had to win that game as the better team! They didn't so its all a moot point boys! Let it go and stop with this!

Lol!

Nasty

• BuckNasty_MD said... (original post)Sorry guys but you just can't let a QB like Lawrence.......run 73 yards to "pay dirt" on your alleged stellear/ championship cal...

Until Wade got tossed, Clemson couldn't move the ball

• All we had to do was beat Clemson. We didn't. Good effort and all but too many FGs instead of XPs in the first half.

This post was edited by bfbuckeye 1 month ago

• I think so but the more I think about it, the more I've come to the conclusion that fate was just on LSU's side this year. It could've just as easily been on the Bucks' as well but once the CFP Committee gave LSU the #1 seed, TOSU's fate was almost sealed. The only team the Bucks can beat in the Fiesta Bowl these days is Notre Dame. Couple that with the Burrow story and his uber determination to break his family curse of losing in championship games. Not to mention the force that is the Superdome whenever LSU is playing a national title game in that venue sans 2011.
    I firmly believe that had we been granted the #1 seed, we would've equally wiped the turf with OU. And once in the title game, who knows. The Bucks step it up a notch. Furthermore we dont have the misfortune of playing on a slick field which btw ironically only affected the Buckeye players. The winner of the Clemson-LSU semifinals is a bit more battered and bruised even with a two-week layoff. That would've advantaged the Bucks majorly.

• Not sure we could have beaten LSU especially with a banged up Dobbins and Fields, besides that Joe was dropping dimes out there. With that said we should have easily beat Clemson and that is irritating to think we didn't.

• BuckNasty_MD said... (original post)Sorry guys but you just can't let a QB like Lawrence.......run 73 yards to "pay dirt" on your alleged stellear/ championship cal...

I look at that play a couple of ways. One, it was a well called play. Notice how the DBs were way out of position when he made that 67-yard TD run. First, Proctor was standing waiting for Lawrence to come his way. He didn't. He shook him and as the DB went after him, he slipped on that damn wet and slippery field which should've been changed after the half in my estimation. Then the next DB he came in contact with and who had the best shot at getting him---Fuller, was blocked by one of their linemen. Good block on their part. Okudah/Arnette/Cam Brown were way out of the way---on the other side of the field somewhere. That left it to Browning, Zach Harrison and other members of the front seven to give chase several yards downfield.

And THAT is why Wade's presence was missed on a play like that. Yes you're right that play should've been prevented. It was the first time all year that the Buckeye defense gave up a TD play of that magnitude. It was shades of 2018 all over again. And it came at the worse of times.

I say the bigger one was not stopping Etienne on that screen pass that led to a TD. I figured after Lawrence was able to score like that, this defensive staff should've plugged those holes to ensure it didn't happen again and yet it did. Damn shame.

• That screen pass was all on Harrison, he read the play , His over pursuit Led to a miss tackle and the rest was just Etienne being Etienne.

• would have been fun to watch what ohio st could have done with them.

of the top 3 scoring defenses this year lsu played 2....

1-uga 12.6 per game......they had 34 after 3 quarters and took the air out of the ball in the fourth because our offense wasnt a threat.

2-clemson 13.5........they scored 42 and took a knee at the end close to the goal line.

3-ohio st 13.7........??????....would have been fun to see what kind of scheme they would have used.......but man those lsu wr/te/rb and qb were something this season......by far the best season any sec qb has ever had.

• If we played Clemson 10 times, it's probably 5-5. If we played LSU 10 times, I'd say we come out 4-6. Burrow was on hot streak that I've never seen by a college QB. We're right there, but that factor would have given them the edge

The fact that they got Oklahoma and that the officials weren't calling holding on offensive line let Burrow get and stay hot, but his escapism, running and incredibly accurate passing had a lot to do with it as well.

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)I think so but the more I think about it, the more I've come to the conclusion that fate was just on LSU's side this year. It could&#...

LSU deserved the #1 seed. The first half against Wisconsin doomed us there. However even if we get the #1 seed, I still don't know if we beat LSU in the championship game. Nevertheless it would have been fun to see our DB's tested to the max.

• Viking Buckeye said... (original post)LSU deserved the #1 seed. The first half against Wisconsin doomed us there. However even if we get the #1 seed, I still don't know if we ...

No I disagree, OSU is the ONLY team to lose their #1 spot after the Conference Championship games the ONLY one and it was IMO the $EC bias that we see year in and year out ...

• I also thought out secondary and defensive scheme matched up perfectly against LSU. Think LSU would have won because of Fields being hurt, but a healthy Fields + our defense would have beaten LSU.

I think we beat Clemson 9 games out of 10 in 2019.....but all is good.

• All I'll say is refer to my post a few days back in reference to how this was just LSU's year and all they needed was a few balls to bounce their way and they did.
    With the title game being set in their dome-away-from home stadium, they had something to aspire to---to play for. In seasons where the national title game is set in The Superdome and LSU is a top 5 team? Watch out. They have magic in that building. Sure they're beatable there as we saw Alabama shut them out back in 2011. But that was in large part because it was Alabama that was hungry and motivated for a rematch against LSU after they went into Tuscaloosa and knocked them off in a #1 vs #2 matchup just two months prior.

Once The Bucks were put in as the #2 seed, it was damn near a wrap---even if the Bucks beat Clemson. The force of nature against them was pretty much going to be on LSU's side at that point in the year regardless. Now on a more neutral field it would've been a different situation by and large because then it'd come down to which team was most determined.

Burrow was determined. He was a veteran QB who'd been through the rigors and more battle tested. Any other year and damn near against any other team, the Bucks get it. Again I refer to the whys and hows in my post from a few days ago.

• It's not uncommon for the better team to not win and that's exactly what happened on 12/28/2019. Yep time heals all wounds, life goes on and I'm anxiously looking forward to next season but the fact is I'm still bitter about the loss and I'm perfectly fine with that. The next big hurdle on the horizon is beating Oregon.

• People bringing up the first half of the B1G as an excuse for dropping OSU are full of *****. If the situations were reversed, no way in hell does LSU drop. I’m 2018 Bama looked like absolute ***** against Georgia in the first half yet they didn’t drop.

Ya’ll need to quit pushing these horseshit SEC narratives.

Dude our safety slipped on that crappy wet turf. No way on a dry field does he do that. A 20 yard gain became a TD Thanks to the dumbasses who left the field outdoor in the rain for a couple of days .Laurence has decent speed, but he’s not a juker. And it was 67 yards.

• dkeener67 said... (original post)Dude our safety slipped on that crappy wet turf. No way on a dry field does he do that. A 20 yard gain became a TD Thanks to the dumbasses who lef...

The field was in crazy conditions