OT Pete Werner

OT Pete Werner

• Up for the Dick buckest award,anyone want to rag on this kid some more, anyone?
  • Discussion
  • I never ragged on him but I would have to say, he plays better in big games.

• Hats off to Pete. Always like him. Nothing more prestigious than the dick bucket award.

• bfbuckeye said... (original post)Hats off to Pete. Always like him. Nothing more prestigious than the dick bucket award.

LOL, that is funny.

Lots of people did rag on Pete and Tuf. Pete is the best player on the defense and Tuf is playing in the Senior Bowl along with Trey Sermon. Tuf is a big reason our defense is decent against the run and why weve given up fewer rushing touchdowns than Clemson, Alabama, and Notre Dame. If you ask me, he should be playing on 3rd downs.

• bfbuckeye said... (original post)Hats off to Pete. Always like him. Nothing more prestigious than the dick bucket award.

Bucket would rip ur eyes out lol
  • JamesWright said... (original post)LOL, that is funny. Lots of people did rag on Pete and Tuf. Pete is the best player on the defense and Tuf is playing in the Senior Bowl along w...

This Pete was one of the best players at the end of the year last year but everyone needed someone to rag on great lb great player and great buckeye
  • Jaymar1 said... (original post)This Pete was one of the best players at the end of the year last year but everyone needed someone to rag on great lb great player and great buckeye

Best player so far on defense this year,think I've seen him decleat atleast four players and almost knock three out,might be some missing teeth for the opposing team with some of the hits he made this year..
  • Yeah he improved from the beginning of last season to the last game big time. He’s had some great hits this for sure. Lbers as a whole look pretty dam good. Tuf looks much faster because he’s reading plays at the snap of the ball.

• Also, Pete has everything it takes to be a great NFL OLB prospect. He has speed, recognition, coverage ability, can run sideline to sideline, he hits HARD, and he can rush the passer. Maybe the Panthers will draft him, fatten him up, and slide him into the middle. We could sure use him!

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Up for the Dick buckest award,anyone want to rag on this kid some more, anyone?

No, just the guy who can't spell Dick Butkus
  • I've never ragged on him. In fact after Fickell and some other coaches had praised him in practice going into the 2018 season, I had expectations of him.

And while he didn't always play to my and most of the rest of our expectations, he'd always show flashes and signs throughout most games. Most especially his PBU in the Rose Bowl against Washington in the 4th Q. That showed me that he's really a Safety playing LBer. His athleticism is underrated but now that he's bulked up a bit more, it's beginning to all come together more and more. In essence, he's peaking at the right time.

• JamesWright said... (original post)LOL, that is funny. Lots of people did rag on Pete and Tuf. Pete is the best player on the defense and Tuf is playing in the Senior Bowl along w...

Most of us ragged moreso on Tuf. We hadn't seen much from him prior to his injury and not anything all that great as far as most of us were concerned following it. However this season he's been at his best.

• JamesWright said... (original post)Also, Pete has everything it takes to be a great NFL OLB prospect. He has speed, recognition, coverage ability, can run sideline to sideline, he ...

It's possible. The Panthers have been one of the more Buckeye draft friendly franchises over the past decade. However, he fits the Bellichick and Steelers mode of LBer moreso IMHO.

• Yes, you're right about those other teams. I haven't seen a mock draft yet below round 2 so I am not sure where he is projected to go.

• our linebackers the past 5 years or so have been good enough, We use to be LB U. But now were D end and CB U and they make up for the good enough play by our LBers. Werner is projected as a third rounder... he has good speed for his size, read plays well and makes few mistakes.. hes is a solid player but he is no AJ Hawk. Borland should play well he is in the 7th year.. wasn't he part of the 14 recruiting class... lol

• Jaymar1 said... (original post)Best player so far on defense this year,think I've seen him decleat atleast four players and almost knock three out,might be some missing teeth ...

LMAO , Pete Werner is an embarrsement to Past Buckeye great Linebackers.

This year in 4 games he has 11 Solo Tackles 1 Sack 1 FF and Zero Interceptions .

Lets put this in perspective thats 2.75 Tackles per game , .025 Sacks per game , .025 Interceptions per game. and a Blutarsky .000 Interceptions per game.

In 4 Years he has 94 Solo Tackles 61 AST 4 Sacks and Zero Interceptions , His Career Stats are barley a decent OSU Linebackers average Year.

Marcus Marek had 572 Solo Tackles and 316 ASts for his Career. for almost 900 Tackles.

I rest my case

• JamesWright said... (original post)Yes, you're right about those other teams. I haven't seen a mock draft yet below round 2 so I am not sure where he is projected to go.

How about undrafted:

Here is one NFL Draft sites projection:

Rated the 27th best OLB in College FB:

Their summary :

11-21-2020

Werner has been decent , but unimpressive

Again to put Pete in perspective this Draft Site has OSU Backup K'Vaughan Pope rated its 28th best Outside LB. He has as many Sacks as Pete does this year . LOl

• tcsoup said... (original post)LMAO , Pete Werner is an embarrsement to Past Buckeye great Linebackers. This year in 4 games he has 11 Solo Tackles 1 Sack 1 FF and Zero Interceptio...

You are comparing 2020 lber to a lber from the 80s? Where teams ran the ball 60-70% of plays or more?

• Yeah, no. These positions have changed a lot, so you can't go by the stats. You don't get to be a Butkus finalist by being a bust.

• BriGuy said... (original post)You are comparing 2020 lber to a lber from the 80s? Where teams ran the ball 60-70% of plays or more?

Correct. There are a lot of defensive skills and actions that are not counted in stats. Look at all the pro-bowl nose tackles who got paid big money for eating up space and double-team blocks.

Look at at the CBs who never have balls thrown their way because they are so good in coverage that their receiver is never open.

Pete has been in coverage a lot this year. He has done a good job at it too.
  • buck1977 said... (original post)No, just the guy who can't spell Dick Butkus

Don't catch on to stick sarcasm very well a
  • tcsoup said... (original post)LMAO , Pete Werner is an embarrsement to Past Buckeye great Linebackers. This year in 4 games he has 11 Solo Tackles 1 Sack 1 FF and Zero Interceptio...

This just in Markus Marek is pushing 60 years old lmao

Way to rag a guy who's playing great on defense this year stats don't tell the whole story he's been covering backs and recivers out of the backfilled probably a little better than old man Markus Marek could have ,stats don't tell it all,and the teams Marek were on lost 3 to 4 games a year maybe that's why he had so many tackles everyone else sucked and teams in the 80s ran the ball 50 60 times a game lol

This post was edited by Jaymar1 1 month ago

• BriGuy said... (original post)You are comparing 2020 lber to a lber from the 80s? Where teams ran the ball 60-70% of plays or more?

Lol right
  • buck1977 said... (original post)Correct. There are a lot of defensive skills and actions that are not counted in stats. Look at all the pro-bowl nose tackles who got paid big mone...

Markes Marek would have a hard time covering a full back or olineman now a days lol

4467831.jpg