Sounds to me like WE decided not to play this game.

Sounds to me like WE decided not to play this game.

• considering Dinich was at the PC I am sure ESPN is about to kill us. I also get the impression this didn't decimate a position group so I]in my opinion we should have played. Another example of OSU/BIG trying to act holier than thou like their and IVY league school.

• Discussion
  • JMO I think they are looking at the bigger picture. They’ve had positive tests each day. I think by shutting it down now instead of playing they are trying to ensure they finish the season. You can get the virus and test negative and then a couple days later test positive. It’ll just keep spreading. I wish they would have played today. I’m on the road most of times man it’s crushing to me to see the game cancelled. But maybe they felt they have a better chance getting 6 games in by shutting it all down and see where they are at next week with positive tests.

• BriGuy said... (original post)JMO I think they are looking at the bigger picture. They’ve had positive tests each day. I think by shutting it down now instead of playing they are ...

Maybe. But there's no guarantee MSU won't have a covid issue either. It's that bird in the hand two in the bush thing.

• They said they went virtual on Wednesday, so that would be all but Tuesday practice without even being in the same room, let alone working out, practice, etc. We don't know how widespread it is, what the risk might be with certain position groups, etc. If the tests don't continue to show positives over teh weekend, then maybe they get back together by Tuesday and have a normal week of prep. If not, then it's likely that the MSU game will be cancelled. As for WE calling it, I would hope WE would call it and not have to have the Big Ten step in and call it. That would look incredibly irresponsible, whether it's the Buckeyes or anybody else.

• dkeener67 said... (original post)Maybe. But there's no guarantee MSU won't have a covid issue either. It's that bird in the hand two in the bush thing.

I get that, like I said it crushes me that there is no buckeye game today. But they can only attempt to control all of this on their team. Not anyone else. And I believe they MAY have shut it down now thinking they can get it under control for the next couple weeks. You know, I don’t know maybe I’m talking out of my **** and have no clue. I just don’t see them cancelling it unless they have a plan considering how hard they fought to get the season rolling.

• You play when you can. Win the day. We could've and should've played today. Our leadership screwed the players. The conference screwed us initially and we followed suit. So dumb.

• BriGuy said... (original post)I get that, like I said it crushes me that there is no buckeye game today. But they can only attempt to control all of this on their team. Not anyone ...

What you're saying makes sense. I see no reason why Gene would be conspiring against himself. In addition, the BIG wants us representing the conference in the playoffs. God bless Northwestern, but the would get beat 70-0 by Bama.

I do agree that the BIG really effed up in waiting until 10-24 to open the season. Even if they had started on 10-10 as was originally being discussed, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Talk about setting up for failure.
  • dkeener67 said... (original post)Maybe. But there's no guarantee MSU won't have a covid issue either. It's that bird in the hand two in the bush thing.

Nailed it. You play with the precious days you are given.

• JAG24 said... (original post)What you're saying makes sense. I see no reason why Gene would be conspiring against himself. In addition, the BIG wants us representing the conf...

Yeah and it’s not just NW bro. I’ve watched Florida 4 times this year and they blow the entire BIG out everyday of the week except us. We need to play games desperately to compete at the end of the year IF IF IF we make the playoffs.

• PDHeaton said... (original post)They said they went virtual on Wednesday, so that would be all but Tuesday practice without even being in the same room, let alone working out, pra...

Cudda been like the comish's son's school, Clemson!

• BriGuy said... (original post)Yeah and it’s not just NW bro. I’ve watched Florida 4 times this year and they blow the entire BIG out everyday of the week except us. We need to pla...

Make the playoffs? It looks like we will not even be in the Big championship game. Total joke but it is what it is.

• bucksnnuts2 said... (original post)Make the playoffs? It looks like we will not even be in the Big championship game. Total joke but it is what it is.

We have to play the next 2 weeks and win. No reason to consider the season over until it happens.

• bucksnnuts2 said... (original post)Make the playoffs? It looks like we will not even be in the Big championship game. Total joke but it is what it is.

Also, Playoffs, Playoffs, are you kidding me we are talking about Pkayoffs???? Lmao

• If we sacrificed this week to save the next two, I understand. Otherwise, we are on shaky ground, at the mercy of the other two teams being able to play, and us being able to field a team.

• This season is about to be sacrificed to CoVID.

• BriGuy said... (original post)Also, Playoffs, Playoffs, are you kidding me we are talking about Pkayoffs???? Lmao

Yes, we will be in the pkayoffs.

• Dumb Gene even said they could have played today. He just screwed us out of the championship game and then some.

Also a big shout out to libtard Kevin Warren on his Joe Biden performance of going into hiding back in August through September and turning this entire conference into a ****** show and putting all teams behind the 8 ball. Well played.

99.8% full recovery rate folks. Don't forget that.

This post was edited by BucksGuy2511 1 month ago

• BucksGuy2511 said... (original post)Dumb Gene even said they could have played today. He just screwed us out of the championship game and then some. Also a big shout out to libtar...

Amen! The flu is more dangerous and that's not even dangerous! Gene Smith got Karen the job! They both need to go!
  • TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)Amen! The flu is more dangerous and that's not even dangerous! Gene Smith got Karen the job! They both need to go!

Person 1: the flu is down this year because people are wearing mask and social distancing
    Person 2: then why is covid so bad
    Person 1: because people aren't wearing their masks and......f=*÷!!!!!
  • Look for players to opt out if we don’t play next week. No reason to stick around if there’s no hardware in it.

• BucksGuy2511 said... (original post)Dumb Gene even said they could have played today. He just screwed us out of the championship game and then some. Also a big shout out to libtar...

It would be interesting to find out if any football player in the Big Ten has had any serious symptoms or had to be hospitalized from the virus?

This post was edited by oneflbuck 1 month ago

• oneflbuck said... (original post)It would be interesting to find out if any football player in the Big Ten has had any serious symptoms or had to be hospitalized from the virus?

I’m sure if there was, all the conference sports would be shut down right now.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Look for players to opt out if we don’t play next week. No reason to stick around if there’s no hardware in it.

I wouldn't blame them. When you play for a school that screws you then why suit up for that school? Gene and TOSU leadership have failed and screwed our players. To still fall within the guidelines and decide not to play would have me opting out today if I was one of them.

This post was edited by TheUtahBuckeye 1 month ago

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)I wouldn't blame them. When you play for a school that screws you then why suit up for that school? Gene the TOSU leadership has failed ...

Feel bad for Wade. Dude comes back only to more than likely see his draft stock drop after playing in what looks like a meaningless season.

• EYE93 said... (original post)Feel bad for Wade. Dude comes back only to more than likely see his draft stock drop after playing in what looks like a meaningless season.

For sure. Hafley not being here hurt him and our defense. Then, our school failed him with how they've handled this virus.
  • TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)For sure. Hafley not being here hurt him and our defense. Then, our school failed him with how they've handled this virus.

I don’t have any resentment towards Hafley. Happy for the guy and wish him the best.