Support a Buckeye, Dimitrious Stanley needs our help

Support a Buckeye, Dimitrious Stanley needs our help

• Buckeye Nation, in case you are feeling in a giving mood this holiday season and want to help out a fellow Buckeye, Dimitrious Stanley has prostate cancer and his medical bills are mounting ... no pressure, but give if you can. O-H!!

For you younger Bucknutters, Stanley was a rock solid wideout on our 1996 Rose Bowl championship team, with huge touchdown catches against Notre Dame and Arizona State that season (to name a few highlights). He also went to high school with my college girlfriend, and while we never met, he is known to be a really great, kind, generous, charitable guy.

I meant to post this a while back when I donated, but I admit it slipped my mind ... but any awareness here will help him out:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-dimitrious-stanley-battle-cancer?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-160685100228-1057981d7c5f40f1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

• Discussion
  • Does he still have his gig on the BTN? Glad to hear its "only" Prostate cancer though. I suppose if you are going to get cancer prostate is the one to get. Treatable.

• He played very well in that 38-7 beatdown of Penn State as well.

• bfbuckeye said... (original post)Does he still have his gig on the BTN? Glad to hear its "only" Prostate cancer though. I suppose if you are going to get cancer prostate ...

Good question, not sure re: BTN gig ... and yes, hoping this cancer is treatable, and beatable.

In the meantime, let's enjoy Stanley's biggest moment as a Buckeye (at the 2:30 mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9YP7DCUU0

• I see some former buckeyes are stepping up to the plate and donating. Anthony Gwinn. Ty Howard. Coach Fickell.

• Wow. I had not a clue about this.

He was a great analyst here locally back during the early to mid 2000s. He also ran for a seat on the Columbus City Council a few years back and came up a bit short in that bid.

Always personable and a realist.