The sword cuts both ways

The sword cuts both ways

• Didn't hear as much about Desmond comments as Herbie's

Screenshot_20201202-191754.png

• Discussion
  • buck1977 said... (original post)Didn't hear as much about Desmond comments as Herbie's

There all haters and scared yet Sec and acc teams can play missing up to 13 players and half a coaching staff smdh Osu needs to go independent,be the biggest money making move ever made be global,blow the Irish tv deals and money out of the water,imagine an all acces just Osu channel and tv deal with abc nbc cbs or fox be a billion dollar bizzz jmo
  • I will say it again. The B1G isn't leaving the Buckeyes at home. They will change the rules if that is what it takes to get us to Indy and on to the playoffs.

Hopefully we can play two games against teams from that state up north. Probably will.

• jaymar mississippi state has played the last 2 weeks with under 50 scholarship players both weeks.....think they brought like 45??? maybe to athens and had 46 i think last saturday.

mike leach acted offended when the press asked were they going to cancel......like him or not he didnt sneak out the back door.

• JamesWright said... (original post)I will say it again. The B1G isn't leaving the Buckeyes at home. They will change the rules if that is what it takes to get us to Indy and ...

If a team like Northwestern had been solid all year with great defense and no losses, I think it would’ve been tough to rewrite rules on the fly, rules that would be tailored to Ohio State. But we are clearly the cream of the crop. So if we get through the next game or two without a loss or bad performance, I don’t see how they could punish us for dropping up to three games. I think you’re right.

• NW game is cancelled this week. Hopefully indiana loses its lady two. Under those conditions “IF” we miss one of the last two, the B1G would have to change the rules. They can’t screw the only undefeated team in the conference can they? With Warren at the helm, I fear they answer is yes.

This post was edited by MAGABUCKNUT24 2 months ago

• What does tensing two mean? And why would you root for Indiana to lose?
    OSU doesn’t need Indiana to lose, they need to play their last 2 games. If we don’t play both games we want Indiana to be ranked as high as possible.

• JamesWright said... (original post)I will say it again. The B1G isn't leaving the Buckeyes at home. They will change the rules if that is what it takes to get us to Indy and ...

You are making an assumption that the Big Ten presidents collectively and Kevin Warren want the season to continue. If so, they have had a serious change of heart. Has anybody from the Big Ten brass stated that the season is important to them other than Barry Alverez?I would argue that they would love to stay hiding in their offices and snicker at a total fiasco ending to the Big Ten season. Revenge complete for forcing them back to the table after stating the season was cancelled and would not be revisited.

This post was edited by dkeener67 2 months ago

• BriGuy said... (original post)What does tensing two mean? And why would you root for Indiana to lose?OSU doesn’t need Indiana to lose, they need to play their last 2 games. If we ...

tensing......auto correct. meant to say remaining

• Say what you will about Desmond Howard but he remains loyal to the B1G and only really rags on the Buckeyes if and when it's the week of The Game.
    Remember he's still from Ohio and would've become a Buckeye had it not been for the coaching transition from Bruce to Cooper and over the years in some big games, he's usually picked the Bucks.
    He's stood up on on more than one occasion even on College GameDay and spoke about the rampant SEC bias as well.

• averageiq said... (original post)jaymar mississippi state has played the last 2 weeks with under 50 scholarship players both weeks.....think they brought like 45??? maybe to athen...

That's really because Missisippi State has nothing on the line or nothing to play for. The Bucks do and what is not being discussed enough is how long they'd be okay without having their head coach on the sidelines or some key starters not available during a shortened season where there's almost ZERO margin for error. In other words, there are more calculations being factored into the "Do we play or do we not play" equation. It's not just about health. I knew the Illini game was going to be canceled as soon as I heard that they'd travel to Champaign early that morning and arrive about 2 hours or less before kickoff.

The problem with that is that you'd have to take into account how prepared would the team be for a hop off the plane and onto the field--esp how they had played just the week before. Then not having your head coach or being without a few key starters potentially as well.

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)Say what you will about Desmond Howard but he remains loyal to the B1G and only really rags on the Buckeyes if and when it's the week of T...

Now....if Desmond could speak in coherent sentences, maybe he would be worth listening to.

I admit, I am biased against anything scUM, but Howard is clearly the low IQ guy on ESPN. I hate Herbie, also, but at least he makes sense 40% of the time instead of 10% of the time.

• sugar i wasnt calling out any particular team or conference.....just replying to jaymar say sec schools could play with 13 players out.......miss st played at least two games with 40 players out....im sure not all corona virus related.

a few othe teams have played games with over 20 players out.

if the teams want to play they can.

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)Say what you will about Desmond Howard but he remains loyal to the B1G and only really rags on the Buckeyes if and when it's the week of T...

I think he usually picks scUM in the big game though....and usually is wrong. Also, I remember watching Gameday once when they were all talking about how the SEC deserved two teams in the playoffs. He said they don't deserve anything just because they're in the $EC but that they need to earn the right to be in the playoff just like everyone else. David Pollack didn't like it that much and he went conspicuously silent but that's because Desmond was right.

• Jaudio said... (original post)Now....if Desmond could speak in coherent sentences, maybe he would be worth listening to.I admit, I am biased against anything scUM, but Howard is c...

I like Desmond. He often provides a fresh point of view and while his IQ may be low, I suspect it's higher than mine. I see him in a dead heat with Herbie in the IQ contest.

• Jimmy77 said... (original post)I like Desmond. He often provides a fresh point of view and while his IQ may be low, I suspect it's higher than mine. I see him in a dead heat ...

I find that Desmond says the smartest stuff only when he is echoing something that another has already been said. When it comes time for him to think for himself and craft an opinion or analysis before hearing others weigh in, the result is either something vanilla, boilerplate, and unoriginal or it veers into stupidity. I wish I could give you several concrete examples right now, but after hearing it for so many years, I completely stopped watching....and that was several years ago. I make every attempt to listen to substance even when the “style” is tough for me to take.....and Howard proved many times over that the brain function he has is completely dedicated to involuntarily activities like breathing and heartbeat....so there’s very little left for thoughts and speech.