We Still Should Have Played

We Still Should Have Played

• So dumb our university canceled. Bunch of incompetent leaders. SEC, ACC, and Big 12 would've still played. We had plenty of players available to play. There are teams still playing who are worse off than us. Ohio State has done a terrible job with this virus. The conference and university are showing how incompetent and irrelevant they are when compared to the SEC and its leadership.

• Discussion
  • Yep. I had Coronavirus too.. flu was worse.

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)So dumb our university canceled. Bunch of incompetent leaders. SEC, ACC, and Big 12 would've still played. We had plenty of players avai...

Dont be ignorant, the team went beyond the number of players/staff allowed to test positive. Its a Big 10 rule not an Ohio State one, sometimes your post show you really lack intelligence.

• all of these threads smack of sour politics...The election is over. we are lucky we are healthy & have what we have. Too many crybabies

• Marty16x1 said... (original post)Dont be ignorant, the team went beyond the number of players/staff allowed to test positive. Its a Big 10 rule not an Ohio State one, sometimes yo...

Gene said we could've played and wasn't forced to cancel via the protocols. Those are gene's words. Not mine. Your post lacks intelligence.

This post was edited by TheUtahBuckeye 1 month ago

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)Gene said we could've played and wasn't forced to cancel via the protocols. Those are gene's words. Not mine. Your post lacks ...

This is correct. You know it’s possible to believe Covid is a real threat to some but for others it’s more flu-like. The elderly, pre-existing conditions folks should absolutely take steps to remains as healthy as possible. Those less likely to be effected should follow the protocols but be allowed to go about their lives. Smith said in the presser we were below the threshold so they could have played. But due to an abundance of safety and caution they cancelled. Who were they concerned about? The Illiniois players and coaches? There’s been no evidence that I’m aware of of the virus spreading due to playing the game. 10 years from now or maybe sooner it will be interesting to see what we actually did right as a society and what we did wrong.

• shep777 said... (original post)This is correct. You know it’s possible to believe Covid is a real threat to some but for others it’s more flu-like. The elderly, pre-existing condi...

Gene is clueless. Stop with the safety line. The flu is more harmful for these players yet we don't shut down and cancel everything for that. Get gene out of here!
  • Marty16x1 said... (original post)Dont be ignorant, the team went beyond the number of players/staff allowed to test positive. Its a Big 10 rule not an Ohio State one, sometimes yo...

Gene Smith said, " Could we have played? Sure." OSU decided not to play. Boneheaded decision and your post was boneheaded. Get a clue before you call someone out incorrectly. Stick to the facts.
  • The problem is if we are below the 6 game threshold, an argument could of been made that a team cancelling should not hurt the other team, but now we lost that potential argument because WE. cancelled.

• Other teams in other conferences have been much worse and they still played. Guess what? Nobody died or has had any issues with recovering. This whole safety crap is stupid. Dr. Borchers and Gene messed up and killed our season over a little bug that doesn't harm the players. I think Gene and Borchers are angling for an award or promotion and publicity of how great they are! Such nonsense.

By the way, Indiana is playing down 14 players. Kentucky is playing down 18 players. Miami played down 32. Miss state played with only 49. Our leaders blew it and should all be fired!

• I will say this as well and it’s just my opinion. They already know that they will not be playing MSU next week. They are just stringing us along and saying what they think we want to hear. I may have to ratchet down my fandom. I’ve been a big fan for nearly 60 years. I’ve let my fandom effect my life far too much in the past. I’m too old to invest that type of fandom in OSU. I have to let it go if I can.

• Same here. Time to move beyond OSU football. To many time putting things off on a Saturday.

• shep777 said... (original post)I will say this as well and it’s just my opinion. They already know that they will not be playing MSU next week. They are just stringing us along an...

Yep. Let me also point out that Karen is the commissioner because of Gene. He made it happen and pushed it. More evidence that Gene is incompetent and needs to go.

For those who believe or have hope that we'll play against MSU then I have some beach property in Nebraska I want to sell to you. Gene is not being honest and we all know we're not playing.

• Karen Warren and Gene Smith are the definition of affirmative action + spineless pvssies.

Im waiting on Karen to pull another Biden and go hide in his basement for the next few months.

But you watch, if OSU ends up making the playoffs, ole Karen will be out there walking tall like he wasn't a libtard all along. But we know differently.

• The 11th plague could inflict the city of Columbus and people would still want football played.

• UTAH, wouldn't it just be a lot easier to list the one or two possible severe world problems that cause inhumane suffering that , in your opinion, are not caused directly & solely by Blacks, Jews, Latinos, Muslims, LGBTs ,Asians & Liberals?

• OleLardbelly said... (original post)UTAH, wouldn't it just be a lot easier to list the one or two possible severe world problems that cause inhumane suffering that , in your opini...

I have no idea where you're coming from. Good luck to you.
  • TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)So dumb our university canceled. Bunch of incompetent leaders. SEC, ACC, and Big 12 would've still played. We had plenty of players avai...

• OleLardbelly said... (original post)UTAH, wouldn't it just be a lot easier to list the one or two possible severe world problems that cause inhumane suffering that , in your ...

Your first post did not garner the attention you hoped, so you post another one, in an attempt to devolve another thread in to the same back and forth that has occurred in how many other threads on here. I’ve read each reply and only yours has anything to do with national politics. I don’t ever want to hear you complain about people talking about politics in a thread again.

• OleLardbelly said... (original post)all of these threads smack of sour politics...The election is over. we are lucky we are healthy & have what we have. Too many crybabies

Winner winner chicken ?? dinner
  • fbllman said... (original post)Your first post did not garner the attention you hoped, so you post another one, in an attempt to devolve another thread in to the same back and for...

We all know what he's about. I'm not engaging in that nonsense. I won't take the bait. Just makes him look more foolish.
  • Very much so!
    And it starts with that damn James Borchers. Who I'd like to know if there's any comparable team physician making decisions for Alabama, Clemson, Florida, TAMU, UGA, etc? Of course not.

The fans alone would run him into a nearby marsh in the region if they felt he was on the verge of costing their team a run at another national title. Borchers, Kevin Warren and a handful of B1G university presidents are the biggest barrier this Buckeye team faces.

Time to ditch tradition and go Independent!

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)Gene said we could've played and wasn't forced to cancel via the protocols. Those are gene's words. Not mine. Your post lacks ...

Yep.

And to unpack what's really going on here---Gene Smith wants to play and move forward. However because he's such a team player and not one to rock the boat, he goes along with what his "superiors" want which is no football and a 3-week quarantine for players testing positive.

Just like he got out in front in the late Spring, early Summer saying that he believes The Shoe could operate at about 1/4 up to 1/2 capacity with fans in the stands. He also was pumping up the Fall season/schedule while also implying "If" there's still a season and that was because he already knew that Warren and some other university presidents were against having one.

All I'll say is that this season rivals and even exceeds anything that took place during the '50s-'70s when the Big Ten brass would often step in and keep the Big Ten champion from playing in the Rose Bowl for fear that the university/conference was focusing too much on athletics. The most infamous being what took place in '61.

• sugarcrystal said... (original post)Yep.And to unpack what's really going on here---Gene Smith wants to play and move forward. However because he's such a team player an...

1961.....admin burned in effigy on the oval.

• TheUtahBuckeye said... (original post)Other teams in other conferences have been much worse and they still played. Guess what? Nobody died or has had any issues with recovering. T...

Exactly.

This is a gross overreaction. Scientists and medical professionals are now running the B1G. And while your health and wellness is first and foremost and team physicians, etc should have input, they should not be making the key decisions on these matters either.

These guys will recover just fine without any vaccine or anything else. And they will not need any damn 21 days to do so regardless of all the BS that Borchers continues to spew. No other team physician anywhere else that I've seen or heard is using this rationale but Borchers.