Why can’t we recruit a qb like Burrow.

Why can’t we recruit a qb like Burrow.

Arrow-3
  • buck1977 said... (original post)But keep in mind that it took Burrow until his second season at LSU before he was a star. Last year Haskins was a star at OSU and Burrow was okay a...

Great point!

• We did recruit a QB like Burrow. It's just our Burrow wasn't like the LSU Burrow of 2019. He was the beneficiary of the most evolved pass game ever seen in CFB in 2019. Our pass game is very strong, but they were next level strong all season. It is unknown that we win the Natty is Joe stays here and starts. it almost sounds like that a QB with 50 TD passes, and another with 40 the next season are being trashed here by some. Our pass game and LSU's were on different levels. It can't be assumed that Burrow tosses 60 TD's, wins the Heisman, and the Natty if he stayed here.

• Stratbuck said... (original post)Forced multiculturalism has proven to be a failure. How's the weather up on that high horse?

So, live in your enclave and be racist instead? Where I live, multiculturalism is a great thing. I work with and employ people who are Muslim, Christian, atheist, Asian, African, black, white, Latin, etc. We all get along great. It's not a high horse. It's just not an enclave.

• JamesWright said... (original post)So, live in your enclave and be racist instead? Where I live, multiculturalism is a great thing. I work with and employ people who are Muslim, C...

Wow. It's like clockwork. I see your only defense is to call others racists. I don't judge people by the color of their skin Why do you? Why do you assume to have a monopoly on being a decent person?

Do you not see how arrogant and entitled you come across while preaching racially charged "identity" politics and talking down to others?
  • Stratbuck said... (original post)Wow. It's like clockwork. I see your only defense is to call others racists. I don't judge people by the color of their skin Why do you? ...

He has to make himself feel better by calling you a racist. He has no argument. People like JW and his “woke” buddies on the left see everything through the lens of color and not character. It’s a lazy and destructive way of claiming the moral high ground.

• Stratbuck said... (original post)Wow. It's like clockwork. I see your only defense is to call others racists. I don't judge people by the color of their skin Why do you? ...

Who called who a racist? I was called a racist for having the temerity to list all of the provable ways that racism negatively affects black people in this country. I know some people don't believe in facts, but they do exist.

Pointing out that racism and sexism exist is not racism or sexism. It's simply stating facts. Only in an Orwellian propaganda universe would calling out racism be considered racist. I choose not to live in that world. I like to live in the real world.

This post was edited by JamesWright 5 months ago

• JamesWright said... (original post)Who called who a racist? I was called a racist for having the temerity to list all of the provable ways that racism negatively affects black peo...

Dude, do you enjoy hearing yourself talk, reading your own crap?? This is a message board, you stirred the pot, live with it, don't act all indignant when you got the reaction you wanted.

• JamesWright said... (original post)Who called who a racist? I was called a racist for having the temerity to list all of the provable ways that racism negatively affects black peo...

Im sure that story sounds great when you tell it to yourself before you go to sleep.

Nobody claimed that racism doesn't exist. The "reality" is that people like you call others racists, sexists, mysogonists, etc when they disagree with your worldview. We see it on a daily basis from elitist ******** talking head "personalities" and it's easy to recognize at this point.
  • EYE93 said... (original post)He has to make himself feel better by calling you a racist. He has no argument. People like JW and his “woke” buddies on the left see everything throu...

I have a black son,well half and half is his nickname,they who see color in a man is a fool,society and the youth today will never get that,because we still have a divided racist country in all,sad really...

James - I think the issue is that in the world of identity politics where some of of these guys reside, they have convinced themselves they are the aggrieved victims of reverse discrimination, or political correctness run amok. When they accuse you of being the "real" racist for simply pointing out there is racism in society, it smacks of projection.

In my world, which is by no means uncommon, people of different races, genders, etc. get along fine at work and as neighbors. Most of us think that is a good thing. To suggest that this is somehow an elitist ideal is wrong.
  • JAG24 said... (original post)James - I think the issue is that in the world of identity politics where some of of these guys reside, they have convinced themselves they are the ag...

As usual you have it backwards. Identity politics is a tool of the left that is meant to divide the country along racial and gender lines.

Political correctness has run amok by design in order to curb speech that leftist like you and your buddy JW disagree with.

Leftist in the education indoctrinate kids with this destructive agenda.

The problem with you and JW is that you guys think race and gender relations are made better through forcing identity politics and political correctness down the country’s throat when in fact it only causes resentment.

This post was edited by EYE93 5 months ago

• EYE93 said... (original post)As usual you have it backwards. Identity politics is a tool of the left that is meant to divide the country along racial and gender lines.Political co...

No, I don't think that at all. I believe that we as Americans share more commonalities vs. things that separate us. My identity is not wrapped up in politics and in fact, you might be surprised that I think politically correctness in its more extreme forms is ridiculous. You guys who claim the conservative mantle are more sensitive than the extreme leftists and we've now gone full circle where it's politically incorrect to call out some of the nonsense the right is espousing.

This post was edited by JAG24 5 months ago

• JAG24 said... (original post)No, I don't think that at all. I believe that we as Americans share more commonalities vs. things that separate us. My identity is in not wrapped ...

Something as destructive as political correctness should make a person sensitive. It’s ripping apart the country.

• JAG24 said... (original post)No, I don't think that at all. I believe that we as Americans share more commonalities vs. things that separate us. My identity is not wrapped up ...

Again, you people on the left own the PC mantra. Calling out PC and identity politics for what it is, is hardly nonsense.

• Ryan Day has moved us into the current modern era.
    Urban was getting way too conservative.
    We shouldn't have ever lost to;
    2015 Michigan State
    2016 Penn State
    2017 Iowa
    2018 Purdue
    Game managers will drop a game against inferior talent if facing a team that loads thre box.
    Im thankful that Day is a killer.
    Im also thankful that although painful, Day has learned that field goals will can cost you also.
    Barrett just wasn't up to the task.

This post was edited by BuckeyesEC 5 months ago

• BuckeyesEC said... (original post)Ryan Day has moved us into the current modern era. Urban was getting way too conservative. We shouldn't have ever lost to;2015 Michigan State2016 ...

I see what you're saying but I also thought Day should have went for a couple of those 4th downs instead of settling for 3 field goals. Also, even a gunner like Haskins has a bad day every now and then. See Purdue. That was an example of an overaggressive pass offense being humbled. It goes both ways. Of course bad defense didn't help but let's not use selective facts.

It was still disappointing watching the defense allow Clemson to march 96 yards for the game winning score.

• You’re wasting your time with a guy whose avatar is that of a bleeding heart poet. He lives in a world of perpetual anger and grievance. He’s never going to get it.

• People who like Trump like him because they think he is tough and tells it like it is. People who don't like him think he is a cowardly draft-dodger who racks up more lies than Pinocchio with a fifty-foot nose. I don't have any way of settling ridiculous arguments, but I do know that politics within sports is fair game to talk about here and politics beyond sports is annoying and divisive.

• JamesWright said... (original post)People who like Trump like him because they think he is tough and tells it like it is. People who don't like him think he is a cowardly draft-do...

You hate people. That says it all. You're obsessed with Trump because he's kicking your racist behind. You have zero credibility. Just stop talking. I know that's hard for a fake "professor" like you, but you're just a talking head. Go do your extreme leftism elsewhere.
  • Strat and Eye are right here. I'm right in line with them.

• JamesWright said... (original post)People who like Trump like him because they think he is tough and tells it like it is. People who don't like him think he is a cowardly dra...

As usual you are wrong. People who like Trump like his policies and his common sense approach to issues which are the antithesis to the destructive “Woke” culture that is trying so desperately to destroy the country as founded.

• EYE93 said... (original post)As usual you are wrong. People who like Trump like his policies and his common sense approach to issues which are the antithesis to the destructive “W...

Amen brother! The fake "professor" has gone mad.
  • EYE93 said... (original post)As usual you are wrong. People who like Trump like his policies and his common sense approach to issues which are the antithesis to the destructive “W...

There are plenty of us who dislike Trump and his policies who are not part of the "woke" culture.

All it's going to take is a slight economic downturn and the only Trumpists left will be the white supremacists and Q-anon crowd.

Think about it, with a reasonably strong job market, nobody caring anymore about our country's runaway debt, and no major war going on, he's managed to get more than half the country against him. That's hard to do.

• JAG24 said... (original post)There are plenty of us who dislike Trump and his policies who are not part of the "woke" culture. All it's going to take is a slight ec...

And of course you along with your buddy Bill Maher are hoping for a bad economy just for spite. Sad.

This post was edited by EYE93 5 months ago