Yurcich to Texassss

Yurcich to Texassss

• Being reported as a possibility. I don’t like it. Wonder why we can’t hold coaches for at least 2 years minimum. Not sure how Clemson does it. Do they have as much turnover at the levels below OC and DC?

• Discussion
  • That's what happens when you have success. It happened a lot when John Cooper was coaching. It seemed like every year they were losing an OC or DC to be hired as a HC somewhere else (and nearly all of them fell flat on their face). The Crimson Turd have lost a lot of coaches too, though I suspect many of them left to get away from Nicky Satan.

These assistants become enamored with being the HC or as in this case, the OC, and they don't really care about if they can be successful or not. Texas is a mess and I doubt this guy will be able to turn that around. Then what happens when he gets fired? Herman isn't going to fall on his sword when he can fire an assistant. If he goes then he goes but he better not be whining when he's fired after two years. He better save all that extra money he's going to get.

• Can we just keep our coaches for 2yrs at least?!! Yeesh

• He's not going anywhere. Right now he is the Co-OC with Kevin Wilson. All 3 of them basically call the shots. It's just up to Day to make the final decision. After time Day will start to give that trust to one of the other guys and within a yr or 2 it might be Yurich. I think Wilson will get another shot at HC sometime down the road.

• Ugh. But will we hang onto our 2 qb commits?

• Day needs to go the route of Meyer on this one and require 2 yr commitments from the assistants.

• This is clearly Tom Herman exacting revenge on Ohio State over losing Grarret Wilson and that whole Zack Smith mess!

• AZBucknut8 said... (original post) Day needs to go the route of Meyer on this one and require 2 yr commitments from the assistants.

Limits your pool though.

• AE on 11warriors saying Yurcich has been a very difficult personality to work with and is being told to find a new gig by Day. Yurcich doesn't call plays and Day is a QB coach at heart so it's not that big of a deal. They are saying Ok State was pushing him out as well before OSU took him. Message board speculation, so who knows exactly.

• Will Texas stop taking our coaches please, sheesh Herman is obsessed with us

• buhkeiz said... (original post) Limits your pool though.

It does, but I think I it also builds continuity and is crucia for a young new coach.

• Day had to compile a staff rather quickly last year to save a recruiting class and hit the ground running.

It's not surprising that several aren't 'fits', or in the case of Hafley choose to take a promotion at a school of their choice(alma mater type position).

• LvilleBuck said... (original post) AE on 11warriors saying Yurcich has been a very difficult personality to work with and is being told to find a new gig by Day. Yurcich doesn...

That certainly is interesting. If that's the case then it may be good if he were to go. They could get someone in there who isn't such a pita.

• Interesting indeed, but I personally would like to hear more from reliable sources.

• Born2baBuckeye said... (original post) I really ******** dislike Herman He’s a little ******** prick that I’d love to slapThis is clearly Tom Herman exacting revenge on Ohio State ...

• Just an fyi, we don't consider mcmurphy a reliable source in these parts. It might be true but just saying after last year...
  • Brett is a $ss wipe as is Herman

• buckeyebmr said... (original post) Just an fyi, we don't consider mcmurphy a reliable source in these parts. It might be true but just saying after last year...

Was thinking the same thing. Race baiter McMurphy is a POS who has about as much credibility as Baghdad Bob claiming military supremacy over the U.S.

Go BUCKS!!!

OHIO STATE in ‘19!!!

• I thought the offensive genius was Tom Herman himself? Boy, has the shine come off of good ol' Tom.

• ncinthenext3 said... (original post) I thought the offensive genius was Tom Herman himself? Boy, has the shine come off of good ol' Tom.

He sure did wonders with Cardale Jones in the playoff. I wouldn't be so hard on Herman. That program was in the toilet when he took over. Mack Brown ran that program into the dirt living off his past success. They were probably about as good as Rutgers when he took over. Making it worse is how good Oklahoma is. I still think Herman can turn that program around if he can manage to attract some talent. A few years ago Texas didn't have a single player drafted in the NFL draft. It's hard to compete when you have talent that is worse than Rutgers and Maryland.

• So he’ll join the rest of Herman’s rejects and help lead Texass to a 7-5 record. Congrats.

• jaxfloridabuck said... (original post) He sure did wonders with Cardale Jones in the playoff. I wouldn't be so hard on Herman. That program was in the toilet when he took over. Ma...

Worse than Rutgers? Now that's a stretch. I keep trying to figure out where Texas belongs in the football hierarchy. People talk like Texas is a historical giant but I really only remember Texas being a continuous threat during the Vince Young and Colt McCoy days. In the 90s they weren't exactly dominant
  • buckeyebmr said... (original post) People talk like Texas is a historical giant but I really only remember Texas being a continuous threat during the Vince Young and Colt McCoy da...

you must be young

• He’s not wrong. Texass has historically underachieved considering how much talent they have had over the years.