Ask a Buckeye Anything (Along with Columbus Trip Info)

Ask a Buckeye Anything (Along with Columbus Trip Info)

Arrow54
  • Baximus said... (original post) Oh I'm sure I probably assumed more people were defending the Cult of Paterno, just like many people thought a much larger group of OSU fans were t...

How exactly did "the cult of Paterno" allow this to go down?
  • Jive you know this isn't the Thunderdome, right? I thought you only trolled in there.

• psu16sac said... (original post) Did you really think posting this would help you?

Nope. I said ask anything. If he really wanted to relitigate the Paterno junk, that's on him. Everyone else has moved on.

• PSU17 said... (original post) Welp, might as well just lock this now.

I'm assuming that your Thunderdome thread will make their way over and turn this from trip advice and matchup discussion and jump on the JoePa stuff. Sounds like no fun.

• Baximus said... (original post) Pedo State is a stupid nickname that I never use and it's cringeworthy. Both scandals are horrifying, though we're not really sure how to ...

Go away

• ejb5212 said... (original post) Jive you know this isn't the Thunderdome, right? I thought you only trolled in there.

undefined generated image
  • Baximus said... (original post) Sure! I said that defending Joe Paterno in the wake of the Sandusky scandal was like a cult of personality and there was no excusing anything other ...

Bax,

Thanks for coming on here, if for nothing else to provide a different perspective. You guys must feel really good about the status of your program.

That said, your take on the scandal and defense of Paterno is dead wrong, and I suspect like many at the time, you got caught up in the "pile on" that seems all too common with half truths and news today.

All anyone can ask is that an individual level, you do a bit more reading and research on the entire fact pattern, and I'm sure like so many would have a entirely different view on the matter.

Good luck this weekend.

The line seems very high, although the recent media narrative of the 2019 Bucknuts rivaling the 01 Miami team as the greatest ever see a bit premature....

But like many stories, the media finds a narrative, and runs hard with it.

• bvahey said... (original post) Bax,Thanks for coming on here, if for nothing else to provide a different perspective. You guys must feel really good about the status of your progr...

We haven't played anyone good enough yet to be a Miami juggernaut. Up to this point, we look like superstars but outside of Wisconsin we haven't decked anyone good yet.

I think the line is higher than I thought it would be as well, though I think a lot of people are judging it thinking OSU will pull away from a closer game.

And we get the Narrative. Tua getting hurt is the only reason SECSPN isn't banging hard on two SEC teams in the playoff yet.
  • Here Bax, I found the article. It was about Alex Anzalone.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/The-Son-Also-Rises-73451/

Here is an excerpt:

"Which is why it was so shocking to me that Dr. Anzalone brazenly told the Reading Eagle that “Something’s just not right at Ohio State” when the sex offender news broke. Now, I know that the sound-minded folks of Central Pennsylvania (which regrettably doesn’t include the hamlet of State College) are extraordinarily sensitive to stuff like this in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky scandal right down the road, but to imply that something was wrong at Ohio State vis-Ã -vis sex offenses is the height of irresponsibility.

One place is a Podunk mountain town which still doesn’t get the full implications of having an icon raping little boys in their football building. The other is in a major city where quick and decisive action was taken by the university to protect their students from a creeper who was in no way associated with the institution and never will be."

Of course, we then found out about a certain doctor at OSU....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1006951

• Ha the one I posted was probably way worse than THAT. Come on, that's the best from me you can do to make me out to be a PSU-hating terrorist?

And I stand by Alex Anzalone's Dad being an idiot for claiming OSU had a sex offender problem when some random Twitter user met his son off campus. As both our fanbases know, the good doctor wanted his son at Florida and interfered enough to eventually make it happen.

As for Strauss, he committed suicide in 2005 and was certainly not at OSU in 2013 or whatever when I wrote that article. Heck, most of us weren't aware of him until last year.

• Baximus said... (original post) Ha the one I posted was probably way worse than THAT. Come on, that's the best from me you can do to make me out to be a PSU-hating terrorist?And I ...

Did your town take quick and decisive action against your sexual predator? OSU knew about his deeds for 2 decades. Is the failure to stop him an indictment on Columbus and it's people?
  • Baximus said... (original post) Ha the one I posted was probably way worse than THAT. Come on, that's the best from me you can do to make me out to be a PSU-hating terrorist?...

My guess is he was picking up on the wife beater you guys had on staff at the time. Perception was just off a bit.

• Baximus said... (original post) Sure! I said that defending Joe Paterno in the wake of the Sandusky scandal was like a cult of personality and there was no excusing anything other ...

You're ignorant as hell on the topic. It'd be refreshing if you'd just admit it and STFU.

• this was a bad idea from the get go

• Who cares? Joes dead the house has been cleaned and only other teams fans talk crap about it anymore. Mostly Maryland, Rutger, and Sparty fans. You guys just had to stir up the joebots. The walkers and wheelchairs are flying around PA towards keyboards and phones now. Thanks a lot.

This post was edited by PSU7676 2 months ago

• PSU7676 said... (original post) Who cares? Joes dead the house has been cleaned and only other teams fans talk crap about it anymore. Mostly Maryland, Rutger, and Sparty fans. You ...

One can believe all the following:

• that Joe was a good man who did his best, and followed protocol in reporting what was told to him to higher authorities within the University
    • Joe made a mistake in not pushing for more action
    • the University made him out to be the scapegoat for Sandusky's atrocities
    • Joe should have been removed
    • The BoT went about removing him in the worst possible manner
    • The Media painted a false narrative that basically blamed Paterno, the football program, and the entire fanbase/alumni for enabling the atrocities of Sandusky. They literally called us a bunch of ******** cultist, and anyone who agrees with that can go ***** themselves
    • The University administrators involved were wildly negligent when it came to receiving that report and their actions after it
    • The Freeh report was absolute garbage when it came to Joe Paterno
    • The BoT decided to make Paterno the face of the Sandusky scandal, via the Freeh Report, because it gave the media something to concentrate on, rather than the University administrations own mistakes
    • That none of this discussion should be occurring anymore. It's been almost a decade, no one is going to change their minds, and everyone should accept that it at this point, unless you're one of the parties of the whole affair
    • That we shouldn't welcome anyone here that considers our fanbase a bunch of cultist who would rather see a rapist continue to rape rather than bring him to justice due to the chance it might hurt ouf FB programs reputation
    • I now want to light myself on fire

This post was edited by appoo 2 months ago

• I'm not even annoyed by his Paterno sentiments, it's actually way more annoying that he thinks Penn State won't be able to run on Ohio State due to OSU's run defense, and then turns around and says that OSU won't have a problem running on us, inspite of the fact that our run defense actually ranks HIGHER than Ohio State's - and his response is to cite a RB who averages exactly half a yard more than our starting RB does since he became the starter, and actually has a LOWER average in the month of November.

That's Buckeye arrogance in a nutshell

• Not really sure that this was a great idea. The info presented probably should have been provided to and later posted by Sean, Dohn, or someone who wasn't going to be immediately jumped on when they posted. I certainly don't appreciate what this guy posted in the past, but I'm not sure this was the place to hash this mess out.

• Making the trip to Columbus for the first time. Can you give me some suggestions for places to hit tonight for a good meal? Also, for day of game parking where would you suggest as far as a location for a visiting tailgate? Thanks so much. Looking forward to the trip and hopefully an upset. WE ARE!

• appoo said... (original post) I now want to light myself on fire

MOOD

• “We have a better everything outside of KJ Hamler, let's be honest.”
    -Baximus, 247 Mod

• Jumping in late here so I’m sorry if this was already covered, but do you find it a little weird that Ohio State fans aren’t at least a little bit nervous after Penn State played you guys so tough the last three years?

• getmyjive11 said... (original post) Did your town take quick and decisive action against your sexual predator? OSU knew about his deeds for 2 decades. Is the failure to stop him a...

This

Little OSU fans and a certain “mod”won’t admit it though ....Or see it that way because they are flat out ignorant on both situations .

This post was edited by MalibuHammy 2 months ago

• Ulysses_McGill said... (original post) “We have a better everything outside of KJ Hamler, let's be honest.”-Baximus, 247 Mod

Exhibit A your honor.. why OSU fans are the worst on the planet

• chiro31 said... (original post) Exhibit A your honor.. why OSU fans are the worst on the planet

They have a great program, yet still spend 100% of their time being insufferable d!ckheads to everyone else around them.