What will it take for the axe to fall

What will it take for the axe to fall

• Regarding Muschamp.

I know, another thread about it, but let's get specific numbers here...score and attendance.

My thinking over 35pt differential, especially with it being over by halftime (24ish), 50/50 crowd initially...he's canned. The pressure from everywhere would be insurmantable.

37-13 or closer, he's retained regardless of color in the stands.

I think Dabo holds all the cards here. Does he want to keep Muschamp around(why wouldn't he) or impress the playoff committee.

• Discussion
  • Nothing. Nothing will change.

• Rudds Cock said... (original post) Nothing. Nothing will change.

So you are on record implying if it's say, 56-3 Muschamp is retained?
  • Fog1 demanding it.

• He Gone said... (original post) Fog1 demanding it.

Nonsense!
  • AmenCornerCock said... (original post) So you are on record implying if it's say, 56-3 Muschamp is retained?

I think so. But I really can’t be certain. But I think he’s retained.

Tony seems to think bmac has been canned. So we have our fall guy

• Yea it seems pretty evident that muschamp is not going anywhere. The stadium could be 60% taters and we lose 63-0 and I’m not sure it will change that. Tanner has dug his heels in and has already made up his mind.

It’s going to be a lot more fun next year just not paying any attention to our football team. And saving my money from gamecock club donations and tickets to spend on something a lot more useful.

This post was edited by SCcock12 6 months ago

• He hates Muschamp. He would like nothing more than to get him run.

• Were so far in clemson rear view mirror, we may not compete with them for the next 5 yrs..dabo is running the score up

• 4-7 after losing 0-28 in a bowl we were favored to win, and he’s still here, so it might not matter what the score is to Tanner. If Edwards doesn’t play I don’t think we score more than 3 points.

Clemson is playing their best football, we are playing our worst. Actually, each year Muschamp has been here, we play our worst football at the end of the season. Teams with good coaches gets better as the season goes on.

• steve miller said... (original post) He hates Muschamp. He would like nothing more than to get him run.

This. And get another natty in the process. He’s so arrogant he thinks he’ll whip up on anybody we throw in front of him for the discernible future. Unfortunately, he’s right.

• Caslen said “if the fans don’t show up and we’re imploding we’ll have a discussion” (paraphrasing )

I think it’ll be pretty full at KO and 70/30 garnet to orange. By the half, it’ll be a 21 point differential and obvious we can’t score. Start of the 4th quarter the students are gone and the stadium is 30/70 garnet to orange:

Final score will be 56-9. I think Dabo keeps the brakes on but establishes a “keep them out of the end zone” as a goal for his team that is playing yet another cupcake.

• GAMCOK said... (original post) Caslen said “if the fans don’t show up and we’re imploding we’ll have a discussion” (paraphrasing )

There's your hint this game can influence Will's fate.
  • AmenCornerCock said... (original post) Regarding Muschamp.I know, another thread about it, but let's get specific numbers here...score and attendance.My thinking over 35pt di...

He has to loose the locker room. If the players still want to play for him he probably stays. A horrible showing against Clemson with bad effort and quit in the players may do it.

• I think Dabo will go for the blowout, but mainly try to keep us out of the endzone. I also think there is a small chance that we keep it closer than many believe. Two weeks rest and prep can do wonders.

This post was edited by Wincocks84 6 months ago

• If he throws an inverted (backwards) slant that gets dropped and returned for a pick 6....I’m done.

• Wincocks84 said... (original post) I think Dabo will go for the blowout, but mainly try to keep us out of the endzone. I also think there is a small chance that we keep it closer ...

Pretty sure BMac will spend at least as much time whacking his weasel in the office as he will spend conducting football related film study and game prep. You could draw plays and players out of a hat and have more success than he has had.

This post was edited by 09Gamecock 6 months ago

• Rudds Cock said... (original post) I think so. But I really can’t be certain. But I think he’s retained. Tony seems to think bmac has been canned. So we have our fall guy

Where did Tony say that?
  • Wincocks84 said... (original post) Where did Tony say that?

Right up there

• Another thread in an hour MIGHT do the trick.

• treycock said... (original post) He has to loose the locker room. If the players still want to play for him he probably stays. A horrible showing against Clemson with bad effort a...

I won't mention his name but talked to a prominent player on the team tonight. The locker room as of this post hasn't been lost. As been reported, they love Muschamp. He couldn't put a finger what the issue is. Very, very frustrated on the year.