Jacksonville OG Alec Valet announces transfer commitment to USF

Jacksonville OG Alec Valet announces transfer commitment to USF

Arrow6
  • Discussion
  • how many players do we have at each position around the OLine now?

• wow JU transfers now? is he that good or are the OL pickin's that slim?

• 83BULL236469 said... (original post)wow JU transfers now? is he that good or are the OL pickin's that slim?

A '18 RS and no action '19 OG from JU has me scratching my head.

This post was edited by TBBull 6 months ago

• 83BULL236469 said... (original post)wow JU transfers now? is he that good or are the OL pickin's that slim?

I really liked him coming out of Astronaut. I'm not sure the specifics of the OL situation at JU, but this OL situation at USF is so wide open on the right side that you should throw anyone you can get in there.

He's extremely mobile and versatile, can play pretty much every position on the line similar to David Anderton.

• Will, I'm assuming that he's coming in on scholly no?

So we're talking about a guy that has 3 years of elgibility left which IMO, proves to be a better depth move than anything else for now unless the staff thinks that he has the chance to compete over what's in front of him. Might not have the same impact as the other transfers coming in, but I like the move down the road.

This post was edited by AlphaSigBull 6 months ago

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 50% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • KRock Da Bull said... (original post)how many players do we have at each position around the OLine now?

Off the top of my head, probably messed up a few of the depth guys' spots

LT: Jennings, Blanchard

LG: Harris, Marcellus, Greene

C: Cecil, Anderton

RG: Wiggs, Sainterling, Hall, Valet

RT: Hopple, McDuffie, Reyes

• Will Turner said... (original post)Off the top of my head, probably messed up a few of the depth guys' spotsLT: Jennings, BlanchardLG: Harris, Marcellus, GreeneC: Cecil, Ande...

So Valet will not be on scholarship with USF?

That entire group has experience going in which is good. The bigger question is how do the guys behind the starters develop. Looking ahead, you lose Wiggs and Hopple after 2020 which would open up two spots in 2021.

• Will Turner said... (original post)Off the top of my head, probably messed up a few of the depth guys' spotsLT: Jennings, BlanchardLG: Harris, Marcellus, GreeneC: Cecil, Ande...

Thanks Will