Sling TV

Trending

  1. CBS Sports HQ Mock Draft: Picks 1-10

  2. CBS Sports HQ Mock Draft: Picks 11-18

  3. CBS Sports HQ Mock Draft: Picks 19-27

  4. Tennessee Volunteers Fanatics Branded Campus T-Shirt

  5. CBS Sports HQ Mock Draft: Picks 28-32

  6. Danny Kanell on what NFL players look for in their schedules

  7. A draft away from the playoffs: Denver Broncos

  8. What to expect from Brian Kelly and Notre Dame this season

  1. Now Available: Tennessee Vineyard Vines Collection

  2. Report: Vols among schools chasing 2019 three-star guard hardest

  3. In-state LB impressed by ‘energy’ at Vols’ spring game

  4. Rucker: Tough-to-please Pruitt knows what good looks like

  5. Taylor 'learning how to play' CB but 'really wants to be' WR

  6. Five-star Jaden Springer has five recruiting him hardest

Tennessee among favorites for four-star Louisiana athlete

The Vols are in the running for a four-star athlete from Baton Rouge, La.

 

Christian Harris received a scholarship offer from Tennessee less than two months ago, and the Vols already are among the teams he’s strongly considering.

The four-star junior athlete from University Laboratory School in Baton Rouge, La., announced his top 10 college choices Saturday on his Twitter account, and Tennessee is one of eight SEC schools on his list of favorites.

The 6-foot-1, 225-pound Harris tweeted a graphic that features the logos of the 10 schools currently standing out to him: Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mississippi State, LSU, Georgia, Florida State, Texas and Texas A&M.

The teams appear to be listed in no particular order.

Harris has visited Alabama three times since Feb. 24, most recently making the trip to Tuscaloosa, Ala., last weekend, and he referred to the Crimson Tide as his leader in late February. But he told 247Sports’ Hank South last week that he no longer has a leader.

He has picked up offers from more than 20 schools, including all 10 of his favorites, along with Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, TCU, Houston, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Tulane and Louisiana-Lafayette.

New Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff extended an offer to Harris on Feb. 26.

He’s ranked the No. 208 overall prospect and No. 16 athlete in the 2019 class and the No. 10 junior from the state of Louisiana in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He’s also ranked by 247Sports as the No. 95 overall player and No. 6 athlete in the 2019 class and the No. 7 junior from Louisiana.

College coaches have discussed playing Harris at multiple positions on both sides of the ball, including running back, wide receiver, tight end/H-back, linebacker and safety, according to a recent report from 247Sports’ Sonny Shipp.

His father, J.J. Harris, told Shipp that the younger Harris hasn’t made a decision on which position he would prefer to play.

“He says he thinks he wants to play defense, and I know his brother is trying to talk him into playing defense,” J.J. Harris said last month. “But I know he likes touching the ball, too. Right now, he hasn’t really made a decision on that.”

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to LSU and Alabama as the favorites to land Christian Harris, with the Tigers getting approximately 57 percent of the predictions and the other 43 percent going to the Crimson Tide.