Chicago Mayor Launches Police Raid to Shut Down Black Church

Chicago Mayor Launches Police Raid to Shut Down Black Church

• An obvious godless racist.

“Chicago Mayor Launches Police Raid to Shut Down Black Church’s Sunday Services”

On Sunday, Chicago’s first openly gay mayor, Lori Lightfoot, mounted a raid on a black South Side church for holding services in defiance of her coronavirus lockdown orders.

Lightfoot reportedly sent three marked squad cars and two unmarked cars full of officers to the Chicago Cornerstone Baptist Church in the South Side’s Woodlawn neighborhood. Woodlawn is just south of Hyde Park, the area in which the Obamas lived for a short time before Barack became president.

The pastor of the mostly black congregation, Courtney Lewis, reportedly shut and locked the doors and refused to allow the officers to gain entry to the building, Todd Starnes reported.

Pastor Lewis told Starnes that he felt like he was confronting “the Soviet-style KGB” as the officers pounded on his doors and demanded entry to shut the church down.

“Thankfully, our doors were locked as a normal safety precaution we take each service to protect our members from the escalating gun violence in Chicago,” Lewis said.

A sentry that is usually posted outside the sanctuary to monitor the street during service also reported seeing occupants of a dark car with tinted windows filming the incident through one opened window.

“All we are seeking is the same consideration and trust that is being tendered toward the liquor stores, abortion clinics, and Walmart,” Lewis told Starnes.

Lewis is also seeking help from U.S. Attorney John Lausch. “We are trying to follow the laws of man as much as reasonably possible, but when the laws of man conflict with the laws of God, I, as a pastor, have a duty to follow the laws of God,” Lewis wrote in a recent letter to Lausch. “We will not be intimidated by this overhanded government bully, but we are requesting the assistance of our president and our Justice Department in correcting this grave miscarriage of the law.”

Lightfoot, Chicago’s Mayor since May of last year, has been targeting the city’s churches for several weeks as houses of worship have begun balking at her draconian lockdown orders.“

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/24/chicago-mayor-launches-police-raid-shut-down-black-church/

• Discussion
  • First they came for the Christians and I said nothing....

• The mayor is right. Churches should not reopen until tours of the White House resume and not a day before.

This post was edited by andtheblack2 4 months ago

• Calling churchs a danger to society is something I thought I would never hear in this country, but it is illiNIOSE. I wonder how far they will take this? Could we see the police openly beating, tazing or shooting Christians who refuse to leave the building?

• The people who created America are no longer welcome in America.

• Democunts love them some fascism.

• The devil is in control of Chicago

• She put up No parking signs in the after midnight Saturday in a neighborhood to stop parishioners from parking to attend worship. Well they towed all the neighborhood cars and not one worshipers car. The congregation had agreements with local businesses to park in their lots for service.

She then had those lots blocked the next time by police and the congregation found out and didn't come.

What a loser of a mayor.

• "Groot" strikes again!

• Maybe that woman (Mayor) that was beaten with an ugly stick should instruct the Police to focus on the violent criminal activity seen there every weekend. Wait, that would mean actually allowing law enforcement to make a difference, Rather they get redirected to dealing with supposed miscreants at churches violating illegal orders of cease and desist, and forget due process.

• user generated

• user generateduser generateduser generateduser generateduser generateduser generated

This post was edited by Lumbar87 4 months ago

• Poor Grady, being in the same picture with that ugly ******.

• user generateduser generateduser generated

• Fugly and fkndummy!

• She's itching for a civil-rights lawsuit I guess.

• MackBolan said... (original post)Maybe that woman (Mayor) that was beaten with an ugly stick should instruct the Police to focus on the violent criminal activity seen there every ...

Woman? That's not what she claims from what I hear.

• huh? She is a he? Man, I need glasses or that truly is Grady reincarnate.

• MackBolan said... (original post)huh? She is a he? Man, I need glasses or that truly is Grady reincarnate.

She claims to be homosexual. So genetically, she is female. She does not identify as a female, all I see is turd, so maybe that's what she is.

• Fuddbldr said... (original post)She claims to be homosexual. So genetically, she is female. She does not identify as a female, all I see is turd, so maybe that's what she is.

A turd?

One that circles and circles and finally goes down? For sure man. For sure