Patterson Quote

Patterson Quote

Arrow5
  • “They may be the worst coached team I have ever coached against. I hate he can recruit, but at least he can’t coach,”

Paraphrased talking to a group of scouts. When asked “the defense?” He replied “everyone but the RB coach...”

CDC is still buddies with him and will hear about it I’m sure.

• Discussion
  • If true, that’s all you need to know

• Hookem35 said... (original post) If true, that’s all you need to know

Say no more

• He really say that??

• Bullshit

• But coaching is really really really really hard

• BS!

• I thought Hand was going to be a good coach but not so sure now.

• BS, stomped by Herman last year...

• I buy a decent amount of what Lotus says but highly highly doubt a coach would say that about a peer. Not buying this one.

• GeneralApplewhite said... (original post) I buy a decent amount of what Lotus says but highly highly doubt a coach would say that about a peer. Not buying this one.

You don’t think coaches rip each other? Please.

• I believe Patterson would say it. It might or might not be B.S., but I fully believe Patterson would say it. He isn't exactly shy about his bitterness toward us.

• Did he pull his pants up over his gut right after he said it?

• I’m don’t post much, and I’m as furious as everyone else about today and the state of the program. But, this post is straight trash and totally incredible. Lotus - please stop. It’s comical.

• Incredible!

Of course Herman discussed how good Duggan performed during his press conference - seems EVERY team is outstanding according to Herman when Texas loses the game

• cbb61032002 said... (original post) BS, stomped by Herman last year...

We did not stomp them last year.
  • SU2014 said... (original post) We did not stomp them last year.

31-16. Felt confident the whole time.

• That would be very unprofessional. Coaches are expected to be professionals when speaking about each other.

• Sancho88 said... (original post) You don’t think coaches rip each other? Please.

Coaches always go out of their way to praise other coaches, even when not warranted. I'm sure they are human and have opinions and if around other TCU coaches or their buddies but not on record, and not to some message board dudes.

This post was edited by GeneralApplewhite 1 month ago

• cbb61032002 said... (original post) 31-16. Felt confident the whole time.

I know what the score was. We were also +4 in the turnover department. The game was still very much in doubt late in the 4th Q until LJH took a pass to the house on a big 3rd down conversion to help seal the game. I believe it was a 37 yd TD on 3rd & 8, but dont quote me on that. I guess my definition of stomping someone is different from yours.
  • SU2014 said... (original post) I know what the score was. We were also +4 in the turnover department. The game was still very much in doubt late in the 4th Q until LJH took a pass ...

This summer I watched all 2018s games. I was looking forward to the TCU game because it was a blowout but was kinda taken back. You're right it was closer than the scores makes it seem
  • If this is true it’s pretty funny!!

• SU2014 said... (original post) I know what the score was. We were also +4 in the turnover department. The game was still very much in doubt late in the 4th Q until LJH took a pass ...

That's fair, my point is a coach who lost by 16 last year and won by 10 this year wouldn't say that is the worst coached team he has ever played lol

• I absolutely believe this. What did Herman do to deserve 6 million a year?? Patterson is 10x the coach and making less money.

• I would have never dreamed after last season the way it ended we would be playing this bad! Honestly we have had a lot of bad luck and I haven’t totally given up on Herman but I think somehow between now and our next game he has got to get these kids back to having fun again. Everyone knows work is boring but winning is fun we just need to win the next one and maybe somehow we get fortunate enough to win out and possibly have a chance to play in the big 12 title. If everyone remembers correctly we have 3 losses but only 2 of them are in the big 12 if we beat Baylor and Ou beats Baylor we still have a chance even though it’s a long shot!

• I'm pretty sure he said it probably you hear it in recruiting all the time