WBB news

WBB news

• The women’s basketball team was picked to finish fourth in the Pac-12 at Media Day today. I think this prediction is reasonable, since the conference is so tough and loaded.

In other news, Shayley Harris announced that she is transferring to Santa Clara. She’s from NorCal and her sister is committed to Santa Clara, so I would bet that she wanted to be closer to family.

• Discussion
  • Porcus1919 said... (original post) The women’s basketball team was picked to finish fourth in the Pac-12 at Media Day today. I think this prediction is reasonable, since the confe...

Aren't the top 3, Oregon, Stanford and OSU all ranked in the top 8 or so nationally?

Oregon, with Ionescu has a chance at a title.

• Bruinlark said... (original post) Aren't the top 3, Oregon, Stanford and OSU all ranked in the top 8 or so nationally?Oregon, with Ionescu has a chance at a title.

They may even be in the top 6. The conference is very challenging.

This post was edited by Porcus1919 2 months ago

• Reading between the lines, this sure sounds like a closed scrimmage at Gonzaga, no?

Anyone heard anything about how it went?

https://twitter.com/CoachCloseUCLA/status/1186152736850472961

• Not sure if mentioned yet but Westbeld verballed to Notre Dame over UCLA, Ohio State, and maybe LVille

• Jenkins to usc over cal, Washington and another

• patsweetpat said... (original post) Reading between the lines, this sure sounds like a closed scrimmage at Gonzaga, no?Anyone heard anything about how it went?https://twitter.com/...

• UCLAWBB doesn't have any exhibition games scheduled this season, which means they're playing two closed scrimmages instead. We already know they've scrimmaged Gonzaga. Anyone know who the second scrimmage opponent will be?

• patsweetpat said... (original post) UCLAWBB doesn't have any exhibition games scheduled this season, which means they're playing two closed scrimmages instead. We alread...

I spoke with someone who told me they have another closed scrimmage this weekend, on the road. But, he couldn't tell me where.

• David80 said... (original post) I spoke with someone who told me they have another closed scrimmage this weekend, on the road. But, he couldn't tell me where.

So weird how it has to be such a big secret. Not trying to be critical, exactly, I'm sure there are good reasons for it. I just don't 100% get it.

Anyway, I guess all of this is just to say that I'm veryvery excited for the WBB season to start, and am jonesing for even the tiniest sneak peeks of what we Bruin fans have to look forward to in 2019-2020.

• Wbb team flew to St. Louis this weekend (near Lauryn Miller’s hometown). Scrimmage against St. Louis?

This post was edited by jk1926 1 month ago

• It's possible that UCLA played against a St.-Louis-area team, and it's also possible that UCLA met some other team (from out-of-the-area) in St. Louis to play. Am curious which is the case.