CBS: USC's Clay Helton on the hottest seat in college football

CBS: USC's Clay Helton on the hottest seat in college football

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - 75% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - 75% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join
  • Not on the hot seat anymore. Now that he only has the weak Pac conference to play. Which will give him another year.

This post was edited by Bobby Shells 4 months ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)If the season is moved to spring, giving the sport a large dead time, and a stellar candidate becomes available, do you can Helton? I would, ...

Absolutely

Join

Join
  • He was on the hot seat but he escapes again with us playing only Pac-12 teams. Helton should go undefeated and the higher ups will strut their feathers and say, “We told you he was an awesome coach.”

Join
  • doublegeez said... (original post)100%. Old Trojan gets it. Helton's job at this point is more secure than Fort Knox. Dude might actually be a 15-year tenure head coach. Enjo...

The sky is falling

Join

Join
  • einibobo said... (original post)He was on the hot seat but he escapes again with us playing only Pac-12 teams. Helton should go undefeated and the higher ups will strut their feat...

Have faith in his utter and complete incompetence. He will find a way to somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 4 months ago

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • Other employees are not paid if they do not work, why not college football coaches as well. Take Clay Helton's 2020 salary in a season not played and include it with other money to but him out. He gets his 2020 salary but it is used as indicated only.

• G377358 said... (original post)Other employees are not paid if they do not work, why not college football coaches as well. Take Clay Helton's 2020 salary in a season not play...

First of all I agree that one should get paid only for working, but P5 coaching is a 364-day-a-year job (I'll give them Christmas off). Recruiting never stops. Yes, I exaggerate a bit but you get my point. Real coaches (not helton) are working all the time. I think the money could easily be found on the BOT and Donors alone to buy him out, but the problem is more with a lack of will than resources.

• Enjoy the show!

Join

Join
  • SC has missed the window to fire Helton. Due to the Covid. There will be no off season movement in coaching. I speculate that most teams are stuck with what they have for at least another season. As for SC the timing could not be worse.

Join