The 20 people who will swing the 2020 college football season

The 20 people who will swing the 2020 college football season

Arrow5
  • Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Todd Orlando looks like he just took a major dump.

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join
  • It’s funny how Michigan seems to be close every year according to the media and their fans.

• TheBarryAllen said... (original post)It’s funny how Michigan seems to be close every year according to the media and their fans.

Michigan is the Tennessee of the Big10...you can’t change my mind on that

• Yeah I think the Monken/Newman combo is the biggest factor in how Georgia's season goes. Not sure why Trask is on this list though. His floor has been established. I'm not sure he determine's Florida's season, I think their o-line and/or WR's do. He could be the best pro style QB college of all time and it wouldn't matter if they have no run game again or component receivers.

This post was edited by chyeahtone 3 months ago

• Oregon had a great D last season. I think the real swing comes from Joe Moorhead (OC). With a more potent offense Oregon becomes a legitimate threat instead of just hoping to contain every team on one side.

• I always had them pictured as Auburn or Texas, always pretty good but will lose 3+ games. Make it 4 if you add in the no brainer bowl lose. But...just like bears ***** in the woods, the media and delusional fans overrate them every year.

Join
  • CharlestonLion said... (original post)Todd Orlando looks like he just took a major dump.

He did....his coaching of the defense at Texas last year.

Join
  • jdsivi said... (original post)Michigan is the Tennessee of the Big10...you can’t change my mind on that

I wouldn’t put them that low. Michigan is way better than Tennessee, on Gameday, the recruiting trail, all of it. Took Bama 3 1/2 quarters to beat them. Tennessee doesn’t play 1st stringers after the 1st Q against Bama

• I think it’s probably why y’all OC is in there. Team is as good as it should be. The coaching will be what swings Georgia’s season either way.

Are y’all losing a lot this year? Or is the roster gonna be more or less the same in 2021

Join
  • Barton, do you have a Heisman vote? If so, I know who you are voting for . . . Kellen Mond.

• brendanllc said... (original post)Oregon had a great D last season. I think the real swing comes from Joe Moorhead (OC). With a more potent offense Oregon becomes a legitimate thr...

As a PSU fan I couldn't give a stronger endorsement of JoeMo. Guy is an absolute stud, go back and watch some clips of that 2017 offense and try to contain your excitement lol

Join
  • JakeF081416 said... (original post)I think it’s probably why y’all OC is in there. Team is as good as it should be. The coaching will be what swings Georgia’s season either way. A...

Next year really depends on early entries

Projected Starters

QB Newman (Gr)

RB Zeus (RS Soph)

WR Pickens (Soph) Blaylock (Soph) Kearis (RS Soph DRob (RS Sr) bunch of highly rated guys behind them all with eligibility left

TE McKitty (Grad) bunch of guys with eligibility behind him

OT Salyer (JR)

OG Shaffer (Sr)

OC Hill (JR)

OG Cleveland (RS Sr)

OT Truss/McClendon (RS Fr)

We rotate so much on defense 27 guys played 100 snaps last year

DE Herring (Sr) backup is Walker (Soph) who plays a lot

DT Wyatt (Sr) backup likely Jalen Carter or one of the other RS Fr

NT Davis (JR)

OLBs Ojulari (RS Soph) Nolan (Soph) Johnson (Sr)

ILBs Rice (Sr) Dean (Soph) Tindall and Quay are Juniors

CBs Stokes (Rs JR) Campbell (JR) Daniel (Sr)

Star Stevenson (Soph) Webb is a senior but Divaad is a RS Soph

S Lecounte (Sr) Cine (Soph)

So offense next year could return 6 starters and on defense depending on the package we are in usually in a 2-4-5 prolly 6 starters maybe more.

• Hube1086 said... (original post)Next year really depends on early entries Projected Starters QB Newman (Gr)RB Zeus (RS Soph)WR Pickens (Soph) Blaylock (Soph) Kearis (RS Soph DRob ...

Yikes that’s a lot returning. Just read the article about y’alls juniors too. Looks like UGA gonna be in the discussion for at least this year and next. I’m gonna get a lot of deserving crap about all my 40 years comments soon it feels like.

I’m starting to pull back on the thought UF might catch y’all slipping tbh. Nothing positive coming out of their side of the world. Miami does desperately need y’all to embarrass them so we can get 3/5 of the Palmetto group

• JakeF081416 said... (original post)Yikes that’s a lot returning. Just read the article about y’alls juniors too. Looks like UGA gonna be in the discussion for at least this year a...

We will do our best

• Hube1086 said... (original post)We will do our best

How do you think your Oline is gonna stack up compared to the past couple years?

• Michigan is Georgia... always #2 in conference... Alabama also falling to that level now as well... plays Michigan... LSU or Auburn next SEC leader...
    PlayOffs is Ohio State and Clemson... slots 3 and 4 wide open !

• BuzzLOL said... (original post)Michigan is Georgia... always #2 in conference... Alabama also falling to that level now as well... plays Michigan... LSU or Auburn next SEC leader....

Never Auburn. 4 loses or more for 9 consecutive years should tell everyone that but SECPN and Finnebaum tell a different tale of greatness and prosperity there for whatever rea$on