Who are the Fastest Players on the USC Roster?

Who are the Fastest Players on the USC Roster?

• Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Pre-surgery Carr is a distant memory. I wouldn't include him in the discussion. He can't break away from anyone anymore and already has a short stride. I'd argue Amon-Ra, who isn't glong to be anchoring any relay teams anytime soon, would get him head to head and has a 90+ yd TD on his resume.

We aren't a fast team. The fact that 2/3 of our top 3 corners aren't listed is telling. The one listed, an alleged 4.3 at the Opening which I've argued has produced suspect fast times despite being "electronic", had high 4.5 guys running away from him last year like Ben Johnson did Carl Lewis in '88. I hope he was just banged up because he's the most non eye test passing 4.3 I've ever witnessed.

KC needs more touches and Harrell would be derelict in his duties as an OC if he didn't make that happen. Carr and Vavae getting to rhe second level doesn't scare anyone.

Join

Join

Join
  • Quick and fast are two different things. He’s a 4.5 forty guy, which isn’t slow but he’s no burner.

• ITS has to be second or third. Doesn’t make sense to have Gary ahead of ITS when he’s never recorded a time any where near as fast as ITS.

• Speedxkills-

Legit info. The screen name and insight confirms you're official.

I'm expecting a huge jump from his performance last year. It'll be interesting to see if he locks down a starting position or if he's the 3rd guy. ITS seems best suited as a press man corner on the perimeter and Johnson is a better athlete/football player at this point, so I'm not sure ITS can play nickel as well due to his change of direction/short area quickness deficiences which you poonted out.

I always thought Johnson would be a better RB than nickel, but I digress.

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • I swear ITS looks like the slowest person on the team, he looks stupid trying to catch up to people

• We have plenty of “fast” players, but we’re missing fast players with agility and acceleration.

Por ejemplo: George Farmer was probably the “fastest” player we’ve had at SC since Sultan McCullough. But he had next to zero agility.

Now A guy like Adoree wasn’t nearly as “fast” as Farmer, but he was quicker, had more agility, and his acceleration was Godly.

This team is Severely lacking Adoree speed. Christon seems to have it....just needs to improve his agility (and obviously is strength).

• Kallmanusc said... (original post)I swear ITS looks like the slowest person on the team, he looks stupid trying to catch up to people

It's shocking how slow he looks in pads. The Opening's fastest man competition winner and he regularly gets blown past by wideouts with less than average speed. On the other hand, Bryant in particular looks faster in pads than he times running in shorts in a straight line. Definitely some Desean Jackson in that young man.

• it doesn't mention Kenan Christon's 40 times - anybody know?

• stoptothink said... (original post)It's shocking how slow he looks in pads. The Opening's fastest man competition winner and he regularly gets blown past by wideouts wit...

Bryant looks like a version of velus Jones that can actually catch the ball and make serious plays.

• Upper-

We all have our own definition of fast. I see where you're coming from and your logic, though it differs from how I see things.

I lean toward sub 4.5, closer to mid to low 4.4 as being considered fast for WR, DB, RB when talking football speed. 4.5 is average/acceptable. Most legit guys at the college and pro levels can run 4.5. If the majority can do it then it's by definition not average. 4.6 is when eyebrows and red flags are raised.

Mid 4.4 and below guys are who you worry about when game planning against, lining up against in press man, determining what side you're looking to shade towards when playing FS/high post. I consider that "fast".

Would you consider Michael Pittman "fast" at 4.52 or Marvell Tell at 4.57 ? I don't, but they have other attributes that make up for it. But just 4.5 being considered "fast" is not something I co-sign. 4.5= he can run, average speed, isn't going to get hawked in the open field except by the elite , can play at a high level

Here's some data:

Screenshot_20200627-124607.png

https://www.milehighreport.com/2013/2/12/3969128/some-clarification-is-in-order-average-speed-by-position

gmunn- I never commented on their NFL future, said they were slow, etc. At top tier programs your swiftest guys are usually CBs and WRs and this list had 1 co-starting corner and 1 WR who is an incoming frosh with 0 downs played.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 10 days ago