*** PAC-12 Network Free on PlutoTV Starting Now

*** PAC-12 Network Free on PlutoTV Starting Now

Arrow4
  • https://pluto.tv/live-tv/pac-12-insider?utm_source=homepage

I just left a work call and found out that CBS owned, PlutoTV, now offers a PAC 12 Networks feed for free.

• Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • Casey Cosgrove said... (original post)https://pluto.tv/live-tv/pac-12-insider?utm_source=homepageI just left a work call and found out that CBS owned, PlutoTV, now offers a PAC 12 ...

Thanks for the heads-up!

• wow, clicked on that to see what it was all about and saw an old Pac-12 game with a full crowd and it made me very sad.

College football without the fans is a shell of itself.

• Casey Cosgrove said... (original post)https://pluto.tv/live-tv/pac-12-insider?utm_source=homepageI just left a work call and found out that CBS owned, PlutoTV, now offers a PAC 12 ...

I am a big fan of PlutoTV. They broke the code on ad-supported video a few years ago, and everyone is trying to catch up. The acquisition by Viacom was visionary.

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • P-12 Network should be on everyone's 2021 ghoul pool list.

• So... was this the “grand plan” Larry Scott envisioned when he didn’t sign major deals with a network and said that internet was the future? “Exclusive” showing on ad-based free internet TV?

• Casey - Is 24/7 part of CBSI or is it its own stand alone division?

Join
  • gepetohong said... (original post)So... was this the “grand plan” Larry Scott envisioned when he didn’t sign major deals with a network and said that internet was the future? “Exc...

Don't knock it, my ad supported streaming revenue wet up 5x this year. It is now about 20% of total revenue.

...but to your point, I do not think this was Tennis Larry's plan. I think P12 could have been saved 4 years ago, but it is too far gone now.

• Zatara13 said... (original post)Don't knock it, my ad supported streaming revenue wet up 5x this year. It is now about 20% of total revenue....but to your point, I do not thi...

Hey, I’m not complaining, love the fact that it’s free. But hope it’s not the “future” of the conference, for Pac-12’s sake. Unless PlutoTV becomes the next Google or Amazon, at which time I will set up a Larry Scott shrine in my spare bedroom...

• gepetohong said... (original post)Hey, I’m not complaining, love the fact that it’s free. But hope it’s not the “future” of the conference, for Pac-12’s sake. Unless PlutoTV becom...

We have a long way to go for that. However, we are in a major shift in viewing habits that has been accelerated by Covid.

Cord Cutting it happening at alarming rates - DirecTV is losing subscribers at about 10% per year. Studios are all trying to control their own destiny with consumers - each one has their own pay and ad supported platforms, Disney+/Hulu, HBO Max, Peacock/Xumo, CBS All Access/PlutoTV, etc. Lots of consolidation and acquisitions happened in 2019/20, I think you will see lots of marketing this year and next. Netflix needs to be wary, the studios/comm companies are coming after them.

Then there is the explosion of over the air TV channels, in LA there are over 70 channels available to consumers for free, with a digital antenna. Last year, college students said their digital antenna was #2, behind their phone as their primary entertainment sources. These are "cord nevers" who are unlikely to ever subscribe to a major cable package - they may get SlingTV or YoutubeTV for sports, but not the $100+ cable packages of years past.

IMO, in 5-6 years, the video viewing landscape will look very different.

This post was edited by Zatara13 4 days ago

• Zatara13 said... (original post)We have a long way to go for that. However, we are in a major shift in viewing habits that has been accelerated by Covid.Cord Cutting it happening ...

Agree, what we had 5-6 years ago is not we have now, and that is likely not what we will have in 5-6 years. The individualized platforms (HBO, Peacock, etc.) is coming up fast, although I don’t think this will be the platform of the future. IMO the more likely scenario is that ad-supported formats such as PlutoTV will begin to replace the set-top box services, and it’s just a matter of which of these can successfully consolidate the pay-for services into a more consumable, mainstream, and cost-effective format. They can’t remain purely ad-supported and break out in the market, I don’t believe, but that consolidated format seems to be the most consumer-friendly.

Will be interesting to see how this industry transforms in the next few years...

• gepetohong said... (original post)Agree, what we had 5-6 years ago is not we have now, and that is likely not what we will have in 5-6 years. The individualized platforms (HBO, Pe...

The guy who runs PlutoTV, is now in charge of all ViacomCBS online ventures. When Viacom bought PlutoTV a few years back, I predicted that it would become the front end of CBS All Access. With an ad supported, free-to-the-viewer service leading into the subscription service (CBS AA). Looks like this will happen in the next year. Sling is already doing this.

I think that dual-stage service is what will eventually be the new model. The problem is that the old adage of analog dollars become digital dimes is really true right now. Only as addressable ads and their delivery become more common in the linear and VOD video space will that change. That will allow services to demand higher CPMs on targeted ads and then sell what used to be single, national ad inventory, multiple times, based on the regional and demographic targeting. Then you have sustainable model that can pay for programming.

This post was edited by Zatara13 4 days ago

• Zatara13 said... (original post)Don't knock it, my ad supported streaming revenue wet up 5x this year. It is now about 20% of total revenue....but to your point, I do not thi...

The p12 network is a PC joke

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • Zatara13 said... (original post)We have a long way to go for that. However, we are in a major shift in viewing habits that has been accelerated by Covid.Cord Cutting it happening ...

I am a Sling user and they are definitely customizing their sports packages to fit those viewerships. I have noticed they are better positioned to offer very focused sports packages, but it is still about the product. In other words, if there is a great product bundled with a poor product, it might still be worth it, but the P12 Network is football light and heavy on sports few viewers care about--in other words their bundles are too cumbersome, and put together by people with social agendas NOT agendas driven by pure interest. And that is what's killing it (the P12 Network) while allowing for slimmer and more attractive (targeted) viewing packages. With Sling Orange and Blue, they have also added Sports Extra to either or none, allowing for good flexibility in product vs cost. (I.e., less fat on the steak)

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 2 days ago

Join

Join