Washington- unimpressed

Washington- unimpressed

Arrow3
  • 23Savage said... (original post) Hey guys, guess who lost to this terrible UW team...

one can come back and say, hey guys guess who beat Utah with a 3rd string QB. But, I want Helton gun too.

• westcoastfball said... (original post) Yup, at least USC fans know their program is in a bad place right now, you still think you are national championship players in the next few ...

UW will be. Massive roster turnover happening at UW right. Their 2018, 2019, and 2020 recruiting classes are loaded. They just need experience. Don't forget UW went 7-6 in 2015 before going 12-1 and to the playoffs the next season. They have the young talent to turn it around quickly and have a big bounce back season next season and get better from there. UW will be a playoff contender again soon.

• FAN1978 said... (original post) UW lost to Colorado and SC has never lost to Colorado.

Only makes USC look worse for losing to UW. But Helton did a great job. SC is a better team than they were earlier in the season. Helton deserves to stay!

This post was edited by 23Savage 7 months ago

• 23Savage said... (original post) UW will be. Massive roster turnover happening at UW right. Their 2018, 2019, and 2020 recruiting classes are loaded. They just need experience. Do...

Being a playoff contender and a championship contender are wildly different things. Of course UW could be a playoff contender quickly, any team that sniffs a conference title is a playoff contender, but winning a title is a totally different thing.

• And with hindsight, the title of the thread is confirmed. Washington- unimpressed

• Bump.

• well yeah

• Sad to see Chris step down. He's a great man with a great philosophy on life and coaching. I respect the hell out of him for stepping down and leaving the program to Jimmy Lake who is a stud coach and recruiter in every way and brings the energy level and swagger UW needs to take the program to the next level. Petersen is a pure ball coach. That's what he loves to do. I think he got burned out having to do everything beyond coaching that is required of head coaches. I'm happy for Chris for doing what makes him happy and appreciate everything he did for UW football taking the program a step further after the Sark era. I couldn't be more excited about Jimmy Lake as the new head coach. Dude is a total stud and this has been in the making for a long time now. This is good news for UW and bad news for the rest of the conference. No doubt in my mind Lake leads UW to unprecedented success. Petersen has left him a roster he can win with.

• 23Savage said... (original post) Sad to see Chris step down. He's a great man with a great philosophy on life and coaching. I respect the hell out of him for stepping down an...

• 23Savage said... (original post) Sad to see Chris step down. He's a great man with a great philosophy on life and coaching. I respect the hell out of him for stepping down an...

Cool spin bro.

• It's not spin. Lake as UW's head-coach-in-waiting has been known by most fans for a while now. He's been offered DC jobs at Alabama, Texas A&M, and FSU and stayed at UW waiting for this opportunity. UW with a young, African-American head coach with swagger and elite success putting kids into the league is really, really bad news for the rest of the Pac-12. Top-10 recruiting classes are coming to UW and the best assistants on staff will be retained.

• 23Savage said... (original post) It's not spin. Lake as UW's head-coach-in-waiting has been known by most fans for a while now. He's been offered DC jobs at Alabama ...

Total spin, man

• Lol okay buddy. Just wait and see for yourself. Jimmy Lake is a DUDE.

• oldmanjay66 said... (original post) one can come back and say, hey guys guess who beat Utah with a 3rd string QB. But, I want Helton gun too.

What is a "Helton gun?" Is there a five-day waiting period?

• 23Savage said... (original post) Lol okay buddy. Just wait and see for yourself. Jimmy Lake is a DUDE.

Heard the same about Petersen for years, amounted to jack *****. UW will forever be a place where 2-3 stars make for cute story lines but get prison sexed when they meet the big boys. Sorry bro.

• SoCalEase said... (original post) Heard the same about Petersen for years, amounted to jack *****. UW will forever be a place where 2-3 stars make for cute story lines but get pri...

Have a look at our recruiting class bro. We the big dawgs now and it's only going to get better under Lake. Sounds like you're in denial. Fear will do that to ya.

• Is there not a UW board somewhere else?

• 23Savage said... (original post) Have a look at our recruiting class bro. We the big dawgs now and it's only going to get better under Lake. Sounds like you're in denial...

At your absolute best, they are a regional power, congrats.

• 23Savage said... (original post) Have a look at our recruiting class bro. We the big dawgs now and it's only going to get better under Lake. Sounds like you're in denial...

Your coach just quit bro, he knows it's not getting any better than this for you guys.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) What is a "Helton gun?" Is there a five-day waiting period?

Fully automatic assault Helton?

• 23Spinage

• Chris is 1-1 vs HC Helton. Chris was 54-26 (.675) overall and 35-20 (636) in conference. Both lower than Helton's record.

He isn't a top notch recruiter. He also quit up there. How can he survive in this environment?

• GaryD said... (original post) Chris is 1-1 vs HC Helton. Chris was 54-26 (.675) overall and 35-20 (636) in conference. Both lower than Helton's record.He isn't a top not...

Exactly. If he needs to "recharge" from UW, how will he fare under the LA spotlight? Unless that's just a BS excuse to leave.

This post was edited by JuanPeligroso 7 months ago

You’re the big dog?

Cristobal literally made CP quit the north

• SoCalEase said... (original post) Your coach just quit bro, he knows it's not getting any better than this for you guys.

He's been the playoffs bro. He's already done it. Just got burned out mentally and needed to step away from coaching.