Alabama looks like a machine. Helton's lucky year

Alabama looks like a machine. Helton's lucky year

• Their offense is going through like Ol Miss' defense like it's butter. Everything seems to work for them.

We would have been destroyed.

• Discussion
  • I was hoping that **** whooping would have gotten Clay his walking papers. A luckier coach I have never seen. Misses Bama, ND and Oregon. And closed practices from Covid so nobody sees the ice cream truck at practice.

This post was edited by TrojanEddie 16 days ago

• Muffins offense looks good

• sec18usczaine said... (original post)Muffins offense looks good

Even though it's currently tied now, my money's still on bama. They look consistently unstoppable; although MSU looked great, it looked to me they depended more on big plays, things that can be adjusted for. But my point was more on the missed matchup between Bama and us.

• Bama s defense not looking like a Bama defense so far.

• trojanpete said... (original post)Bama s defense not looking like a Bama defense so far.

No, but I have heard more than one commentator say that the offenses are ahead of the defenses this year because of workout interruptions. Not sure why such would not both the offenses but whatever. Bama just keeps coming at you

• trojanpete said... (original post)Bama s defense not looking like a Bama defense so far.

Better than LSU’s tho.

• NebrVandal said... (original post)Better than LSU’s tho.

I think Na Jee Harris would get 250 against us. He is very impressive, and his 229# is all muscle. Nice back

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)I think Na Jee Harris would get 250 against us. He is very impressive, and his 229# is all muscle. Nice back

Knock on him is lack of speed. Coming out if HS/ pre-back issues, Carr had better short area quickness and much more long speed than him but unfortunately now they might be even speed wise. It'll be interesting to see how high he gets drafted.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 16 days ago

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)Knock on him is lack of speed. Coming out if HS/ pre-back issues, Carr had better short area quickness and much more long speed than him but u...

Carr? If Carr would have been the Bama back tonight, he would have been hurt in the 1st quarter and not seen again. Harris just ran around and over Ol Miss for a TD

edit: Harris is the best all-around back I have seen in a while. First fumble in +400 carries tonight. He makes people miss, doesn't go down on contact (like carr does). Stephen Carr is one of those guys whose hype was bigger than reality, admittedly, as you pointed out, due to proclivity to injury

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 16 days ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Carr? If Carr would have been the Bama back tonight, he would have been hurt in the 1st quarter and not seen again. Harris just ran around an...

If Carr went to Bama he probably would’ve been bigger, Stronger, and Faster. He would’ve had a much better line in front of him.

• I have to admit, I’m pretty impressed with the job Lane has done so far.

This post was edited by gasman26 15 days ago

• gasman26 said... (original post)If Carr went to Bama he probably would’ve been bigger, Stronger, and Faster. He would’ve had a much better line in front of him.

True, but I don't see him fitting 25# more pounds on his frame. Would he have been developed more physically to better withstand or prevent injury? Arguable, either way. Back injuries are tricky things, that's for sure.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)True, but I don't see him fitting 25# more pounds on his frame. Would he have been developed more physically to better withstand or prev...

Agree. His chances of living up to the hype increase significantly under Saban. I realize it may not have prevented him from getting injured tho

This post was edited by gasman26 15 days ago

• No Bama, No Oregon, No ND, Helton luckiest coach around. Gets another year. F**k!

• Bobby Shells said... (original post)No Bama, No Oregon, No ND, Helton luckiest coach around. Gets another year. F**k!

Is it only sour grapes or whatever that Saban suggested MSU knew their defensive signals? I saw where Saban claimed that every time they lined up in a defensive alignment, MSU called the exact right play for it. I did notice that tendency when MSU ran that group of WRs to one side, they seemed to sneak that backside run in, and bama had nobody there. That could have been Bama's lack of adjustments or? I do know Kiffin is certainly capable of doing something like that, and he would have knowledge of bama's signals. But one would think that Bama would have known that and changed things up.....

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Is it only sour grapes or whatever that Saban suggested MSU knew their defensive signals? I saw where Saban claimed that every time they line...

People tend to assume actions of others that they do themselves. Given the “quality” of coaching Helton provides I’m definitely wondering if this tactic was used against us in the last game against Bama. Would’ve been quite the temptation given Bama had BOTH of our past 2 head coaches on staff at the time AND also doubtful that Helton would even think to change signals from what had been used under their tenure.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Carr? If Carr would have been the Bama back tonight, he would have been hurt in the 1st quarter and not seen again. Harris just ran around an...

So you’ve never seen Travis Etienne play? They are close, but Etienne is really a back with no weaknesses. IMO

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Is it only sour grapes or whatever that Saban suggested MSU knew their defensive signals? I saw where Saban claimed that every time they line...

Ole Miss. not Miss St U

• blemblam said... (original post)Ole Miss. not Miss St U

yes, after watching the Pirates' collapse and tirade I had him on my mind!

• blemblam said... (original post)So you’ve never seen Travis Etienne play? They are close, but Etienne is really a back with no weaknesses. IMO

I don't see any weaknesses in Harris either, and the NFL will love the fact that he doesn't fumble. (his career first was last night)

You also have to take into consideration, that I doubt there are two coaches in recent memory who know each other’s tendencies like Lane and Sark do. So it was a chess match between the two, that obviously bled into the defensive side of things.

Sark made some brilliant calls in that game too.

I also think there is a difference between recognizing a defense and calling a play that will work against it. and stealing your signs. Saban has an almost mythic aura as a defensive genius. That facade took a hit last night and I think his penchant for defense came out in his post game comments.

If it’s true, then shame on them for not changing up their Signals, and we‘ll soon see, because I have a sneaky suspicion that Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt know them a lot better than Lane Kiffin does.

• EVERY year is Helton's lucky year. NOT IN ONE THOUSAND years should Helton ever gotten that catastrophic pay hike the snoring or golf playing Lynn Swann gave him.

• blemblam said... (original post)You also have to take into consideration, that I doubt there are two coaches in recent memory who know each other’s tendencies like Lane and Sark d...

Well, bama's DC is in his first year so he has very little standing with Saban. (wouldn't want to be him). Pete Carroll was his own DC so that solved that problem.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Well, bama's DC is in his first year so he has very little standing with Saban. (wouldn't want to be him). Pete Carroll was his own ...

This is Golding's second year. I hope to all deities that Kiffin just called a miraculous game, because he chewed the defense up. We contributed with blown assignments and poor tackling, but dang Kiffin was hot last night.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)I think Na Jee Harris would get 250 against us. He is very impressive, and his 229# is all muscle. Nice back

Harris is yet another California 5* guy SC missed out on. Harris is from Antioch