Bob Stoops

Bob Stoops

• I'm starting to believe that it could be our plan B.

• Discussion
  • Riveting

• Curious, what makes you think Stoops?

• skip bayless no GIF

• ALfromSoCaL said... (original post) I'm starting to believe that it could be our plan B.

Tell me more...
  • I'd rather have Bob Stoops than Franklin or Fleck. Especially since Campbell is off the table.

• lafromla1 said... (original post) I'd rather have Bob Stoops than Franklin or Fleck. Especially since Campbell is off the table.

Fleck is too flakey with his row, row your boat.

Does Stoops still have the fire in his belly? Pushing 60. Franklin in his late 40s.

• I'll approve stoops your only as good as your assistants,and his coaching tree is pretty fruitful

• Has anyone heard from Bob Stoops about this job? Exactly...let's stop the chatter until we actually know something substantive.

• poodlemothra said... (original post) Has anyone heard from Bob Stoops about this job? Exactly...let's stop the chatter until we actually know something substantive.

Amen! This chatter is getting everyone lathered up, most likely for no reason

• Clay isn't going anywhere. He's out recruiting still.

• I'm sure this has been discussed but how do you have 24,000 months??

• Clay stays.

• mikeym820 said... (original post) I'm sure this has been discussed but how do you have 24,000 months??

Hey Mikey, he's Barabas.

• ALfromSoCaL said... (original post) I'm starting to believe that it could be our plan B.

I'm a big Stoops supporter. In many ways, I think he is a better fit for USC. Here's why;

1. No baggage; no extra media attention

2. Championship level experience.

3. Unlike Meyer, I think Stoops can stick around a program for a decade; He's not coveted by the NFL and he has no health issues what so ever.

4. Schematially, he is built more for USC as he ran a similar pro style offense with a few spread wrinkles at Oklahoma. I think Meyer runs a more traditional college 'gimicky' offense.

5. He's a chip on his shoulder. And this is the X-factor. I am suprised USC fans have counted him out. His resume is far better, in my opinion, than John Franklin and Peterson. He was annually in the top 10 in recruiting and nationally as a team. I think he will be motivated more than ever which i'm not sure about Meyer and Peterson.

He's my first choice outside Meyer. Let's get him!

This post was edited by hparas 9 days ago

• don't say that please.

• Uscscott80 said... (original post) Clay isn't going anywhere. He's out recruiting still.

Of course he and the other coaches are! It is a Hail Mary, that is if they get a few 4 & 5 stars to commit to them it may save his job.

Only way he stays is if Bohn cannot find a top replacement. That is why Bohn has not made an announcement that Clay is safe.

This post was edited by Bobby Shells 9 days ago

• Bobby Shells said... (original post) Of course he and the other coaches are! It is a Hail Mary, that is if they get a few 4 & 5 stars to commit to them it will save his job.On...

Maybe Bohn told Helton that he'd better firm up the recruiting class to a respectable level or he's done

This post was edited by JuanPeligroso 9 days ago

• NebrVandal said... (original post) Fleck is too flakey with his row, row your boat. Does Stoops still have the fire in his belly? Pushing 60. Franklin in his late 40s.

Norvell is 38.

He’s the best offensive mind of any candidate mentioned on this board, with the exception of maybe Urban Meyer.

This post was edited by 89 til Infinity 9 days ago

• hparas said... (original post) don't say that please.

My gut is telling me he stays. The older I get the more that gut seems to be on point.

I do not underestimate ConMan Clay and his ability ty to continue stealing millions based off a bs nice guy persona. There is no way he should be where he is and yet he's stuck around.

Faith, Family, Fraud
  • I think Stoops is an excellent coach and would do well here. I don't recall him having any baggage, either, but why would he want to come out here, a WHOLE other culture and lots of expectations? He's already been there, done that. Remember, he quit at the beginning of Fall camp, like, "Oh, hell, I really don't want to go through this again."

• mikeym820 said... (original post) I'm sure this has been discussed but how do you have 24,000 months??

By summoning the spirit of the ultimate warrior!: LOL it's a glitch!