Bohn cold feet

Bohn cold feet

• You guys with your over the top anxiety about who the coach will be are unbelievable. Folt no doubt knows that the football coach is far more recognizable to the public than the President. To far too many (all lunkheads), he is THE face of the school. I don't know how she feels about UM, but, if she doesn't want him in that position, it's not happening. Period. And if you think the head of the University should have no sayso in the most important hiring decision of her beginning tenure, you are too delusional to be allowed to roam freely in public.

• TroyJD said... (original post) You guys with your over the top anxiety about who the coach will be are unbelievable. Folt no doubt knows that the football coach is far more recogn...

Yeah, well you still defend clay Helton, sooo..... I’m gonna have to file your takes on the coaching situation right below stale poop water as far as value goes

• WebbTowerAdult said... (original post) Yeah, well you still defend clay Helton, sooo..... I’m gonna have to file your takes on the coaching situation right below stale poop water ...

You are the ignorant leading the stupid. I have not defended Helton this year AT ALL. I also said his tenure ended when he kicked the ball deep to Oregon Saturday night. What I DID say is that if we won, I would be happy, even if that meant Helton stayed. Spin that.

• TroyJD said... (original post) You are the ignorant leading the stupid. I have not defended Helton this year AT ALL. I also said his tenure ended when he kicked the ball deep to O...

I don’t have to make a case. The people who read this board know that even after the oldman and Weber turned on clay you were still thinking he was the guy. Glad you finally came around after that kick. It’s like realizing Hitler was a bad person in 1945

• If Folt doesn’t let the AD hire Meyer she’s an idiot period. Meyer brings exposure and money. Said exposure is great for SC athletically and academically. He’ll also bring instant stablization and crediblity. Hopefully she’s not so smart she’s actually dumb. Everyone knows Meyer should be the hire.

This post was edited by usctrojanglory 6 days ago

• TroyJD said... (original post) You guys with your over the top anxiety about who the coach will be are unbelievable. Folt no doubt knows that the football coach is far more recogn...

And any potential AD worth his salt would pass on a job where he is not able to hire the best HC candidate available because of political reasons.

• jpltrojan1 said... (original post) You’re all focusing on the symptoms not the cause. Folt is a product of Rick Caruso just as Nikias, Haden, and Swann we’re a product of the prev...

What does Harvard and U of Chicago have anything to do with this? My wife is a Harvard grad and my bro-in-law is from Cornell and Booth. They are slightly left leaning but I'm expanding their minds. I don't believe they support the dismantling of USC football as they agree that we need to terminate Helton.

• TroyJD said... (original post) You are the ignorant leading the stupid. I have not defended Helton this year AT ALL. I also said his tenure ended when he kicked the ball deep to O...

Just saying Helton would stay makes you a dummy. I don't care what he's done, his last 3 years have suggested he be done and I'm being generous.

• WarhoundSC said... (original post) What does Harvard and U of Chicago have anything to do with this? My wife is a Harvard grad and my bro-in-law is from Cornell and Booth. They ar...

Those schools get mentioned because they USED TO win national championships in football, but are simply top academic schools now. People think the administration wants to follow their path. Try to rise the US rankings and forget about sports so that 100 years from now people forget we had a football team, but we can be a top 10 university.

The most contradicting statement I have ever read on this board. And I have been a member for over a decade.

• hparas said... (original post) The most contradicting statement I have ever read on this board. And I have been a member for over a decade.

You have lived a sheltered life, haven't you?

• USCTraveler said... (original post) The President does, but if they waited until after agreeing to a the rough terms of a deal to tell a prospective AD that the far and away best ...

I agree that it should be required that she be up-front about any guys who are off-limits, if only to avoid him spinning his wheels chasing guys that would never be hired. If we hire UM, our rivals will howl, but what else is new? I can make a case for him being justified in staying out of the spousal-abuse stuff; I have a harder time defending him for protecting his players who were involved in criminal conduct, but that is a common thing among coaches. The main thing I liked about Helton is that he would not comment on that stuff, which is what I think coaches should do. If you see that as not "backing" his players, that is naive.

• usctrojanglory said... (original post) If Folt doesn’t let the AD hire Meyer she’s an idiot period. Meyer brings exposure and money. Said exposure is great for SC athletically and ...

Folt is backed by the same folks who allowed Haden, Swann, and Helton to steal money/collect checks from the university.

Again, why are people acting like Folt has automonous authority?

Also, why are we assuming these folks really care about football that much based on who they've allowed to coach this team and lead the athletic department?

I'm not expecting the best case scenario based. I'll believe it when I see it.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 4 days ago

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post) why are we assuming these folks really care about football that much based on who they've allowed to coach this team and lead the athlet...

Football is like having a tiger by the ears - you don't like the situation, but you can't let go, either. (Apologies to Lincoln)

Too much of the school's identity is tied up in football for Folt not to care. On the other hand, you cannot let the program be the tail wagging the dog. A real tightrope.

• WebbTowerAdult said... (original post) I don’t have to make a case. The people who read this board know that even after the oldman and Weber turned on clay you were still thinking ...

If they KNOW that, they are wrong. I said halfway through last year, I no longer supported him - if you read this last year, you'd know that. I also said he would not be fired last year, because of our other problems. Lunkheads like you took that to mean I WANTED him to have another year, when it was just a recognition of fact. When he was still our coach this year, I did want him to win, even though I didn't think he could get it done, simply because I ALWAYS root for the Trojans. That's how it is and if you or Drake or anyone else has a problem with it, too bad. That is why there is an ignore function on here.

• TroyJD said... (original post) You have lived a sheltered life, haven't you?

Only if I could have grown up in the struggle like you, I might have been a better human being.

• TroyJD said... (original post) simply because I ALWAYS root for the Trojans.

And the winner for USC's number 1 fan goes to.... TroyJD!!!!!

user generated

This post was edited by hparas 3 days ago

• hparas said... (original post) Only if I could have grown up in the struggle like you, I might have been a better human being.

I doubt it. I seriously, seriously doubt it.

• hparas said... (original post) And the winner for USC's number 1 fan goes to.... TroyJD!!!!!

Sorry, I don't bleed cardinal and gold, like you do. I do root for the Trojans, but that's it.