BREAKING: Clay Helton to remain USC head coach

BREAKING: Clay Helton to remain USC head coach

Arrow27
  • Discussion
  • Wow, glad I gave up my Committee Membership last December - 1st time in 25+ years I have not attended a USC game home or away

• shotgunspratling said... (original post)

Athletic director Lynn Swann said Clay Helton will return to lead the USC Trojans again next season.

The death toll of Trojan football continues.

• I'LL SAY IT AGAIN

FOURTH MOST TALENT ON ROSTER AND YOU WIN 5 TOTAL GAMES

FIRST TIME USC HAS LOST TO ALL FOUR RIVALS SINCE 1957? edit: 1991

USC SEASON TICKET SALES ARE DOWN 35-40% FOR 2019

PLAYERS HAVE TWEETED OUT THEY WANT HELTON GONE

DONORS ARE THREATENING TO PULL THEIR FUTURE DONATIONS FROM THE COLISEUM WHICH WOULD POSSIBLY DELAY IT EVEN FURTHER

But USC still keeps him.

This post was edited by Keyvaniath 1 year ago

• Lol

• He better hire a new staff or it will be a long year.

• Keyvaniath said... (original post)

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN

FIRST TIME USC HAS LOST TO ALL FOUR RIVALS SINCE 1957?

DONORS ARE THREATENING TO PULL THEIR FUTURE DONATIONS FROM THE COLISEUM WHICH WOULD POSSIBLY DELAY IT EVEN FURTHER

But USC still keeps him.

Unfreaking believable !!!!!

• Someone needs to tell the AD the program is not moving forward.

Maybe he will get it if enough fans stop buying tickets.

• Cal is 7-5 and going to a bowl game. USC is 5-7 and going right down the toilet bowl.

• Keyvaniath said... (original post)

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN

FIRST TIME USC HAS LOST TO ALL FOUR RIVALS SINCE 1957?

But USC still keeps him.

"We acknowledge and understand our deficiencies in areas that include culture, discipline, schemes, personnel and staff." But he's still the right coach

• RyanAbraham said... (original post)

Omg Helton talking about winning Championships after he couldn't even make a bowl game...

This post was edited by Keyvaniath 1 year ago

• The fall out from this both on and off the field is going to cost Swann his job. It’s obvious that it’s not a concern for him.

• USC admin giving the fans the proverbial "golden shower".

• I'm no longer a fan of USC football and I'm actually embarrassed to be an alum right now.

Class of 2007

• Can’t even compete in a bowl game.
    Satisfied for three years without competing for championships. Or even sniffing the opportunity. We’ll be out of the running again in September.

What did USC FANS DO TO DESERVE THIS LOSER???

• Gotta haul the entire staff. New coordinators, new assistants, everything. The kids obviously love and fight for Clay. Now it is time to retool the staff and go to work with a new attitude.

• If USC hires a president who doesn’t care about athletics, then this might be the end of SC as a preeminent football power. I believe that USC can be world-class academically and at sports, but it needs to be 100% committed to both. As soon as someone thinks that there is a trade-off, we’re screwed....

• Trying time to be a Trojan.. real trying time.

We're literally sitting here watching them destroy the program and there's nothing we can do about it.

They scoffed at the losses in money from boycotts. There has to be something we can do.

• I for one am tired of serving as a training ground for future head coaches , Ed O and Lane Kiffin got their stuff together after they left USC , now doing a better job. Staff changes better be coming and he has 1 more year or else. Now go out and recruit the hell out of the 2019 class.

• BrandonWilliams said... (original post)

Gotta haul the entire staff. New coordinators, new assistants, everything. The kids obviously love and fight for Clay. Now it is time to retool the staff and go to work with a new attitude.

Also take nutrition and strength and conditioning seriously, as well as institute a culture where grit is awarded and not just coasting on talent.

• Hardnoser said... (original post)

"We acknowledge and understand our deficiencies in areas that include culture, discipline, schemes, personnel and staff." But he's still the right coach

Well put.

• Well I’m out. Can’t support a administration that’s okay with being a loser and hindering these kids.

This post was edited by gregory09 1 year ago

• Because the fans don’t matter. This decision makes it very clear.

• BrandonWilliams said... (original post)

Gotta haul the entire staff. New coordinators, new assistants, everything. The kids obviously love and fight for Clay. Now it is time to retool the staff and go to work with a new attitude.

LOL. USC doesn't pay big money for assistants. It's going to take that and more to get anybody good to work for this lame duck coach who doesn't know anybody.

This post was edited by BarrySeal21 1 year ago

• How is this guy an athletic director?