Bruce Feldman doubling down on Clay Helton staying

Bruce Feldman doubling down on Clay Helton staying

• Discussion
  • I hope this is a trial balloon to see how harsh the reaction will be.

People need to bombard Bohn and Folt with emails and calls that this is completely unacceptable. I gave up my season seats after last season. Hopefully many others threaten to give up their seats, stop donating to the athletic department, etc if this clown is retained. That’s the only way this farce is going to end.

Folt and Bohn talk about winning championships. This clown will never come close. Let them know brining himmback is unacceptable.

• If this happens, the Fire Helton signs will be replaced with burning effigies of Bohn and Folt. I pray they don’t shove this proverbial stick in their wheel spoke

• Yeah, the word needs to get out loudly to Bohn and the school. Their ignorance/dismissal over the remaining fanbase who actually cares would be outstanding.

One more year of Helton sets us back realistically more than a few additionally due to his F- recruiting level.

Doesn't need to be Urban, but you need to swing.

• I have to say, I am not glued to the set with Clay at the helm. I'll read about the game if it is in the middle of the day, but I will watch games that have National Championship ramifications. In short, I love USC but I want to watch the best players that are playing for something a little more consequential than the city championship in a city with two teams that barely sniff the top 25. Thank God USC has slipped to the point that their kickoffs are 8 pm PST and all the good teams have played already and no-one on the East coast can see this. The truth of the matter is this, if the big name programs are able to come into LA and take all of the top players out, that speaks volumes to the lack of development and coaching acumen required to actually compete at a top level. But hey, as long as Clay is a nice guy.

• seriously we need to email to Bohn; does anyone have his information?

• hparas said... (original post) seriously we need to email to Bohn; does anyone have his information?

• Bohn is not this dumb, and if Feldman is correct this represents a victory for the Carol Burnett (aka Carol Folt), PC, "progressive" wing of the football-tolerating side of things. It also makes Bohn look really dumb for taking the job, and makes him into the B-lister that some here thought him to be. We were hoping for the Cincy Bohn and we may have gotten the Colorado Bohn. Helton is 100% toxic to football excellence at USC, and any supporters will be fastening onto meager wins over teams like Utah like grim death, trying to leverage them into "proving" "Happy Days are Here Again." They're not.

• I will have a lot of respect for both Bohn and Folt if this happens. It's like when everyone blasted MG with threats for hiring PC and he stood up strong and showed who's boss.

This post was edited by PatrickDSC 9 days ago

• Helton is staying.

Nothing has surfaced to suggest he is actually getting fired, and it's basically Dec 2nd already.

USC doesn't really care about football.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 7 days ago

• That would be a Bohn-head move. I refuse to believe #130 will be our coach next year. If they don’t want to buy him out for $20m just pay his salary the next 3 years (basically half the cost) and put him in charge of ball inflation and ice cream.

• Follow the money.

• All of you that want Helton gone I would recommend calling usc president and AD and letting them know you are not going to donate or renew tickets if they keep Helton. My wife just called both and was told they are getting a lot of calls regarding Helton. The more we call and make our concern known, the more they will know. They both just got here and havent had to live through this clowns crap the past 3 years. #FIREHELTON

• PatrickDSC said... (original post) I will have a lot of respect for both Bohn and Folt if this happens. It's like when everyone blasted MG with threats for hiring PC and he s...

• PatrickDSC said... (original post) I will have a lot of respect for both Bohn and Folt if this happens. It's like when everyone blasted MG with threats for hiring PC and he s...

No, bad analogy. It's like when Pat Haden "stood strong" and made Helton the head coach. Garrett lucked into Pete Carroll, he no more stood strong than a fool who finds $100 on the sidewalk

So true. The situations are exactly the same.

This comparison makes a lot of sense

if you don't think about it

• Understand point about garrett, however, its recorded history. He hired PC...and the rest is history

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) No, bad analogy. It's like when Pat Haden "stood strong" and made Helton the head coach. Garrett lucked into Pete Carroll, he ...

He stood strong with his decisions and replied to the naysayers, "Joe Blow doesn't know football, " and boy was he right.

• PatrickDSC said... (original post) He stood strong with his decisions and replied to the naysayers, "Joe Blow doesn't know football, " and boy was he right.

• PatrickDSC said... (original post) He stood strong with his decisions and replied to the naysayers, "Joe Blow doesn't know football, " and boy was he right.

Being right about PC and keeping Clay when not only are the fans and donors leaving, but we are #76 nationally in recruiting. PC was never out of top 5 in recruiting, let alone 76! WTF is the admin smoking

• CalSCBrown76 said... (original post) Being right about PC and keeping Clay when not only are the fans and donors leaving, but we are #76 nationally in recruiting. PC was never out ...

We weren't in the top 5 for 2001 or 2002

• PatrickDSC said... (original post) We weren't in the top 5 for 2001 or 2002

were we ever at any point in the PC era in the 70's? nope. Not only that 2001 was PC 1st year. You should know that the 1st year or 2 is working with the old coaches recruits!

This post was edited by CalSCBrown76 9 days ago

• PC trended upwards from 2001. Clay has been trending down. Even this year at 8-4 is nothing to write home about. Every team has injuries, every team is young, the greats reload and next man up. PCs team had depth and capable backups. Helton's teams do not have depth or capable back ups, which is why he uses the injuries and youth excuses.

• sctrojan said... (original post) PC trended upwards from 2001. Clay has been trending down. Even this year at 8-4 is nothing to write home about. Every team has injuries, every te...

We were 8-4 in 2009 but with a conference record of 5-4 and with blowout losses to Oregon and Stanford.

• PatrickDSC said... (original post) We were 8-4 in 2009 but with a conference record of 5-4 and with blowout losses to Oregon and Stanford.

And remind us what happened to the coaching situation in 2009.