Dec 2nd

Dec 2nd

Arrow11
  • Mike you need to fire Helton on Sunday December 1st and finalize the contract with Urban Meyer by December 2nd or that my last day of USC football.

I can no longer care about our football team more then the school does.

Show us you care!!!!!!!

• Discussion
  • Bohn didn’t want to ruin Helton’s Thanksgiving. :)

• Actually, I believe Bohn made it clear that if Helton "finishes strong," he gets another year. So it looks to me like he's getting another year if he wins the bowl game. We'll see.

• Go follow Bama old fart

• OldSunsetFan said... (original post) Mike you need to fire Helton on Sunday December 1st and finalize the contract with Urban Meyer by December 2nd or that my last day of USC foot...

I love the fervor and I am with you, but do you actually think Mike Bohn reads the Peristysle? Maybe send him an email?

• It ain’t Urban. You think urban would miss out on all this recruiting time if he’s gonna be the coach? He’d wanna get started after the Oregon game. Luke Fickel if it’s a new hire.

This post was edited by OklahomaTrojan 9 days ago

• perryfollis said... (original post) I love the fervor and I am with you, but do you actually think Mike Bohn reads the Peristysle? Maybe send him an email?

Or maybe get off his arse and have a real protest like Yale and Harvard students did...
  • GusFring505 said... (original post) Or maybe get off his arse and have a real protest like Yale and Harvard students did...

We have more than enough things to do in LA if USC doesn’t want their established fan base (we move on).

Urban Meyer has enough time to flip this recruiting class around before and during early signing.

• dinahtab said... (original post) Actually, I believe Bohn made it clear that if Helton "finishes strong," he gets another year. So it looks to me like he's getting ...

Finishing strong would have been winning the Pac12 outright and winning the CCG. Not simply beating up on a few terrible teams and hoping that Utah chokes.

This post was edited by JuanPeligroso 9 days ago

• dinahtab said... (original post) Actually, I believe Bohn made it clear that if Helton "finishes strong," he gets another year. So it looks to me like he's getting ...

I actually don't think you have any idea how all this works, or should work. You do know there is an early signing period now, right? So, if Helton stays for a bowl game and loses, then what?

FIGHT ON!

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) Finishing strong would have been winning the Pac12 outright and winning the CCG. Not simply beating up on a few terrible teams and hoping tha...

Who would be the interim HC if SC backs into the CCG vs UO?

• NebrVandal said... (original post) Who would be the interim HC if SC backs into the CCG vs UO?

The John Baxter Special Experience
  • NebrVandal said... (original post) Who would be the interim HC if SC backs into the CCG vs UO?

Chris Hawkins and every other coach does the same job.

This would be a huge improvement to Clay

• JuanPeligroso said... (original post) Finishing strong would have been winning the Pac12 outright and winning the CCG. Not simply beating up on a few terrible teams and hoping tha...

I got your finishing strong right here user generated

• Dec.2nd could go down as one of the most recognizable days in SC history

• trojanpete said... (original post) I got your finishing strong right here

Is that your Twitter. Lol.
  • FanofSC said... (original post) Is that your Twitter. Lol.

Nah, someone posted this on the P. Thought I’d pass it along. Clay is not a good coach at all.

At this point, I'm good with waiting until Utah beats CO. I get it. But let's not pretend that this has been a strong finish.

• nitch19 said... (original post) I actually don't think you have any idea how all this works, or should work. You do know there is an early signing period now, right? So, if H...

If Helton were to be fired now, there would be no coach at all during the early signing period. I don't see how that would help recruiting.

• dinahtab said... (original post) If Helton were to be fired now, there would be no coach at all during the early signing period. I don't see how that would help recruiting.

Huh? Clay gets fired tomorrow or Monday, name the new head coach Monday or Tuesday.

• trojanpete said... (original post) Huh? Clay gets fired tomorrow or Monday, name the new head coach Monday or Tuesday.

You're assuming they've got a new coach waiting in the wings. That's a very big assumption.

• dinahtab said... (original post) If Helton were to be fired now, there would be no coach at all during the early signing period. I don't see how that would help recruiting.

No coach > Helton

• dinahtab said... (original post) You're assuming they've got a new coach waiting in the wings. That's a very big assumption.

Ok, I knew I was right with my first assumption. I'm gonna take this slow. Since his hiring, Bohn wouldn't be doing his job if he hasn't been banging the phones gauging interest, if not out-right lining up Helton's replacement. Helton shouldn't have a chance in hell of being around for the bowl game, much less "getting another year if he wins the bowl game", if Bohn intended on doing his job upon accepting the AD position. The effects of the current (trending WAY-down), recruiting class (to say nothing of the 2021 class if Helton stays) is a huge consideration for Bohn, as bad/down classes are painfully felt down the line (think of the effect of the sanctions). In other words, Helton needs to go for SO MANY different reasons; the longer he stays the worse the program is going to get. But trust me, if/when Helton is fired, the new coach will be named immediately after. So, yes, there would be a coach in-place that would have two and a half weeks to try to salvage the 2020 recruiting class (among other things).

FIGHT ON!

• nitch19 said... (original post) Ok, I knew I was right with my first assumption. I'm gonna take this slow. Since his hiring, Bohn wouldn't be doing his job if he hasn&#x...

Considering plenty of other ADs are burning up the phones including Texas, Mizz, maybe UM, and who knows how many others, Bohn better be doing his job. Even if his job is simply gauging interest by top tier coaches ...can he bring one to SC? The answer could be no...the Irving Mayas, Big Game Bobs, and Kris Richards of the world may not want to work for the mess Caruso has built.

Guys like Norvell, Venables, Lake and Aranda may have other ideas like coaching in the SEC or at Texas, Notre Dame, or Michigan.

What if the reality is that Bohn has choices like JDR, Fisher, B Kelly, or Sumlin? Will he work to make SC a better place to coach by giving a retread a shot or does he stay with the known product for another year?

SC literally could be a mess that nobody wants anything to do with this year.

Sarks offense is rolling

This post was edited by jpltrojan1 6 days ago

• jpltrojan1 said... (original post) Considering plenty of other ADs are burning up the phones including Texas, Mizz, maybe UM, and who knows how many others, Bohn better be doing h...

What's wrong with Del Rio, in your opinion? He was, after all, the defensive coordinator that led to the Super Bowl. I think that fact alone makes him a far better choice than keeping Helton.

• dinahtab said... (original post) What's wrong with Del Rio, in your opinion? He was, after all, the defensive coordinator that led to the Super Bowl. I think that fact alone ...

Nothing wrong with JDR other than he’s a complete unknown leading an NCAA team to a championship game. So, as SC’s AD do you take a chance on an unknown in these circumstances or do you stick with the known program another year with the hope that you’ll have something better to offer next year.