Despite 2-0 start, USC's problems are obvious

Despite 2-0 start, USC's problems are obvious

Arrow12
  • Discussion
  • Chris Hummer said... (original post) Gus Johnson’s whole thing is excitement. The FOX announcer is therefore a rather positive guy. So, when he says that USC’s offense is “tough t...

200 (2).gif
  • USC's problems are obvious to everyone except Jon Wilner. He still has them above the Ducks.

• "The main problem is tackling. USC has allowed 22 missed tackles through two games, good for a PFF tackling grade of 49.1. That’s 114th in the FBS. This isn’t really a new thing for Orlando. His Texas defense a season ago ranked 122nd in that category."

Unacceptable.

I wonder what % of those missed tackles can be attributed to the LBs.

• What's obvious is the defensive scheme sucks! They can't stop the run, the 2 safeties back is an automatic "beat one man"and we get 7+yards plus yac. Offensively, they have no identity, leader, or run game. Glad its a shortened season to make.the pain stop when Helton gets canned!

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join
  • This is why I constantly am a blowhard about Oregon ruling the PAC-12. The biggest competition from a talent perspective literally can’t get out of its own way especially with their Pampers wearing Head Coach.

Join
  • Chris Hummer said... (original post)Gus Johnson’s whole thing is excitement. The FOX announcer is therefore a rather positive guy. So, when he says that USC’s offense is “tough to ...

Just because our administration and coaching staff are insane doesn't mean that we have to be. Can we please end this talk about the college football playoff?? I have a feeling that our poor level of play will eventually catch up with us--likely sooner rather than later. We can't keep betting on the opponents doing their best Ting Bros. impersonations. But forget that. Most of our team is playing at the journeyman level--and even in this year's lineup we are not NEAR playoff level. So let's scrap the subject, it's absurd.

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)"The main problem is tackling. USC has allowed 22 missed tackles through two games, good for a PFF tackling grade of 49.1. That’s 114th i...

To tackle right you have to be in position. When I re-watched the ASU game I was shocked at the iso-shots where ASU players were surrounded by what looked like an acre of empty green grass. And our back seven look both slow and weak. You can't tackle what you can't catch.

• DuxSD said... (original post)USC's problems are obvious to everyone except Jon Wilner. He still has them above the Ducks.

The only way we beat the ducks is if they play with 10 each play

• SleutherDuck said... (original post)This is why I constantly am a blowhard about Oregon ruling the PAC-12. The biggest competition from a talent perspective literally can’t get ou...

True, but let's be honest. The difference between USC and UO insofar as the playoffs go is a difference of degree not of kind. Neither team belongs in the playoff discussion, neither is elite. Granted, Oregon is Tier 2 and we're Tier 3, but there are at least 7 teams better than Oregon. Going undefeated in the Pac12 is like bragging about the tallest tree in Kansas.

Join
  • SleutherDuck said... (original post)This is why I constantly am a blowhard about Oregon ruling the PAC-12. The biggest competition from a talent perspective literally can’t get ou...

See you in the playoffs duckie.

Join
  • I hate SleutherDuck strictly based on his goofy *ss screen name. Foh with your corny mascot.

DUCK RUNNING.gif

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 6 days ago

Join

Join
  • user generateduser generated

• USC's biggest problem is the Head Coach in Seattle and the fact they stopped buying the best players like Reggie Bush long ago. They'll be back soon though.

• ProblemS?

USC has had ONE problem, and he'll be back in 2021 even if he loses to UClowns by 100, gets caught naked with a 6-year old boy and is seen giving the players heroine.

Join

Join

Join
  • You so funny...