Giving Helton one last chance to survive? Is that the drill? Are

Giving Helton one last chance to survive? Is that the drill? Are

• we, I mean our honchos, thinking that if Helton henceforward runs the table this season he wins his job for another year? Myself, I shouldn't think that hods water. Helton's carreer record as head coach of USC had but one single brief shining moment and that was when Sam Darnold ralled the troops so remarkably several games after our last humiliating stomping by Bama.

Then winning a nail biter that same season against Penn State in the Rose Bowl with some freakishly amazing play by Darnold. Then even in Darnold's next year we got blown out humiliatingly at least twice, by ND and Ohio St., and so even with Darnold Helton was no great shakes.

Without him, Helton has been an unqualified dissaster, as bad as any head coach USC has ever had. He openly and frankly, if obtusely, admits to the world that his way of preparing for upcoming games is to hold embarrassinly ****** arsed practices, and it is obvious he doesn't know how to adjust either within games nor even how to learn and adjust from one season to the next season. He never should have been allowed to TRY and learn head coaching on the job at Troy in the first place. USC as a kindergartedn for morons is a sickening concept.

He NEVER has improved a single iota since day one though he has had lavish, unearned patience heaped upon him. His pressers are all exact duplicates of one another so that reporters such as Dan Weber, have simply given up, weary and burnt out, from even asking him ANY questions at pressers, knowing his lame, never changing answers in advance.

So IF he runs into some absurdly good luck over our next few games, are people still hoping that such will assure him yet another additional year of dissastrous inadequacy and no expectation of the slightest change or growth? My God, I should hope not! But...

This post was edited by eftzoons 13 days ago

• Discussion
  • eftzoons said... (original post) we, I mean our honchos, thinking that if Helton henceforward runs the table this season he wins his job for another year? Myself, I shouldn't ...

Helton cannot beat even decent teams consistently, and he gets slaughtered by good teams. We all know that tomorrow's game--win or lose--will be filled with mistakes, idiot play calls, poor execution, etc. As a whole it will not be fun to watch--like watching two drunken bums fighting it out for the last swig of a bottle. Entertaining moments, but afterwards you want to take a shower. And that's what Helton is: a bum.

So my HOPE is that our new AD likes and respects the sport of football, so the travesty of a product that helton trots out onto the field will cause him to hold his nose so much he will fire him at the end of the season. The AD also signaled he is aware of recruiting issues, so if that doesn't pick up, he could be gone regardless. There is no doubt that SC is trending DOWN, the patient is bleeding profusely, so it's easy to make the argument that Helton needs to go. But what if he goes 55-0, 48-6, 56-0 to end the season and 2 5-star guys sign on? Then it gets murky. And we have two new decision makers in place, one of whom knows diddly-squat about football, so anything is possible. Lots of other factors in play too (attendance, booster pressure, Meyer availability, etc.)

But make no mistake: Clay Helton is someone whose meager intelligence is no match for working at this level, and his football knowledge and teaching ability are both p*ss-poor.

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 14 days ago

• eftzoons said... (original post) we, I mean our honchos, thinking that if Helton henceforward runs the table this season he wins his job for another year? Myself, I shouldn't thin...

Can Helton win the last three regular season games and win the bowl game and finish 9-4? That would be a pipe dream for Helton. Or even have Utah lose and enable him to compete in the conference championship game and run the table at 10-4. A pipe dream for Helton. Won't happen.

This post was edited by FAN1978 13 days ago

• eftzoons said... (original post) So IF he runs into some absurdly good luck over our next few games, are people still hoping that such will assure him yet another additional year ...

No! F*ck him! He's gotta go!

• Running the table will not save him now. BUT, if he does, and Utah loses, putting us in the CCG and we win that, he's probably back. I don't see any of those 3 things happening, but, if they do, and we can't see the divine intervention, it will be like the Sanhedrin plotting to kill Jesus after he raised Lazarus from the dead. (Disclaimer: that was meant as a comical, not a religious, analogy.)

This post was edited by TroyJD 13 days ago

• It’s time for Urban renewal!

• Thee Urban Initiative

• I figured Helton, after blaming last years staff and firing half of them, only to struggle to become bowl eligible, has already blown his chance.

• Recruiting alone should be cause enough to fire him

• LOB_v2 said... (original post) Recruiting alone should be cause enough to fire him

Last year should have been enough to fire him!

• desolation Row said... (original post) I figured Helton, after blaming last years staff and firing half of them, only to struggle to become bowl eligible, has already blown his ch...

I’m hoping Helton gets tarmac’d today !!

• He’s done. Doesn’t matter what happens the next couple of weeks against bad teams starting backup QBs.

• They need to do it now, so they have time to save this recruiting class.

• LOB_v2 said... (original post) Recruiting alone should be cause enough to fire him

Yep, this. Regardless how this season plays out.

FIGHT ON!