Grandpa Herm holds Helton's Career over the Abyss

Grandpa Herm holds Helton's Career over the Abyss

• Held by one slender thread. Who'd a thunk it?

• Discussion
  • I think we still have the athletes to beat them, but they will have the better coached team. With a good coach, this would be an easy pick, but with Helton, this is a toss up.

• desolation Row said... (original post) I think we still have the athletes to beat them, but they will have the better coached team. With a good coach, this would be an easy pick, ...

Forget it. These kids have checked out on Helton. You think they didn't see the presser today with Bohn and don't know how to connect the dots on how long Clay has left?

• Its also a road game.

• Wubbersgone said... (original post) Its also a road game.

Home game for Slovis and Pola-Mao, me too actually. Hope to see you all there.

• Wubbersgone said... (original post) Its also a road game.

At Tarmac St., no less.

• The saying, "sharks, blood in the water", come to mind here.

FIGHT ON!

• Helton’s body is already cold he’s been dead for awhile....... I tip my hat for pulling the greatest smoke and mirrors trick since David pulled Claudia Schiffer...... seriously what will Clays next job be?

• Western Kentucky.

• I think 97% of the fan base is rooting for a loss

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) Held by one slender thread. Who'd a thunk it?

Helton's been done Edward's just another game

Or have you missed not noticed lost revenue

This post was edited by FanofSC 4 days ago

• FightOn714 said... (original post) I think 97% of the fan base is rooting for a loss

Because you’re a crazy Helton apologist conspiracy theorist. I don’t know if you’re actually stupid enough to believe that the 97% of people who want Helton gone are actually “bad fans” or if that’s just something you try to spin in your personal narrative to make yourself feel like Super fan number 1.

You think the 97% who hate helton want us to lose every game

I say you and the other 3% want us to suck forever.

• WebbTowerAdult said... (original post) I say you and the other 3% want us to suck forever.

Well said.

I know these type of losers who always try to play 'i'm above the smoke' card. They are losers in life with no real opinion and only feel relevant by playing devil's advocate.

Fire Helton! Hire Meyer!

This post was edited by hparas 4 days ago

• FightOn714 said... (original post) I think 97% of the fan base is rooting for a loss

Only the ones with functioning brains. The other 3% are the die-hard Helton fluffers who proved themselves incapable of high-level thinking long ago.

A loss would mean an immediate dismissal of the clown, which would let every potential recruit know that change was coming, and would give the new coach a chance to save this recruiting class.

A loss would mean they could officially negotiate with Urban instead of working through back channels. That would allow them to close a deal with him quickly. Urban could be named coach and be out on the trail recruiting the Friday night before the Cal game, while Jinks (or whoever) serves as the interim for the last two games. Urban would focus solely on recruiting and building his staff, until after the fUCLa game. It would give him more time start building the infrastructure he needs.

What’s the downside? SC loses one more game in another nationally-irrelevant Clown Helton season and goes to the Redbox bowl instead of the Sun bowl ? Fine.

Lose the battle, win the war.

• FanofSC said... (original post) Helton's been done Edward's just another gameOr have you missed not noticed lost revenue

I would have thought Haden should have left years before he did and swann should never have been hired. I don't trust SC's decision-making to be logical. I hope you're right

• USCTraveler said... (original post) Only the ones with functioning brains. The other 3% are the die-hard Helton fluffers who proved themselves incapable of high-level thinking lon...

^^^^ Yep.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) I would have thought Haden should have left years before he did and swann should never have been hired. I don't trust SC's decision-making t...

I hope to but I now understand where you're coming from.
  • PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) Held by one slender thread. Who'd a thunk it?

Well, since it's a game on the road, you can chalk that one up as a loss.

• poodlemothra said... (original post) Well, since it's a game on the road, you can chalk that one up as a loss.

Could well be. Good news with that is that it makes Bohn's decision easy (easier).

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post) Could well be. Good news with that is that it makes Bohn's decision easy (easier).

Win or lose, I don't think those are the numbers Bohn will be looking at. All the stats tell the true story, not the one Helton continues to spin in the media.