Helton: ILB Palaie Gaoteote showing growth under DC Todd Orlando

Helton: ILB Palaie Gaoteote showing growth under DC Todd Orlando

• Discussion
  • I hopped off the EA train with the quickness after seeing him vs. Fresno St. last year looking unathletic, lumbering, and nothing like an alleged 5 star talent which he was deemed to be out of HS.

He's been living off rep and high expectations for awhile.

He's #1 on the " Show Me Something" list this year. Pili might be #2.

giphy.gif

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 8 days ago

• To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join

Join
  • BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)I hopped off the EA train with the quickness after seeing him vs. Fresno St. last year looking unathletic, lumbering, and nothing like an alle...

I hear ya but I’m not Ready to hop off the train yet. He looked so damn good in his first opportunity vs Colorado a couple years ago and then quickly became a below average LB. I’m really rooting for him to step up because he looks like he can be dominant

• Oh, if HELTON says it then it must be true!

• BlackLeftLeft said... (original post)I hopped off the EA train with the quickness after seeing him vs. Fresno St. last year looking unathletic, lumbering, and nothing like an alle...

You mean Helton's say-so ain't enough for you? Whaaat??

Join

Join

Join

Join

Join
  • 662Trojan-

PG to me is better moving forward than laterally or in any type of read and react or coverage situation. Interesting that you bring up Tavai, who by the way is still currently playing in Canada, as he was about 6-2 250 as well, but made plays as an undersized OLB/DE pass rusher who was kind of a tweener that had spent his first years as a DT/DE. I thought PG should have been used last year as a situational pass rusher. Guys like Tavai and Breslin have shown that you don't need to be a long, overly athletic guy to have success in that role if you have a motor.

That being said, I hope PG breaks out at ILB and I'll gladly eat crow. In fact, I'm placing my own order for it in advance. We'll see.....

https://youtu.be/ieg7sqi2WFQ

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 7 days ago

Join

Join
  • Musa -

On point take.

I actually like Goforth as an ILB more than Mauga. The best aspect of Mauga's game was his motor off the edge, and the position switch stifled that.

Here's how PG looked back in his 210-220 days when he built his rep.

1c02450f2b448d469b2a8b3a50f24a7c_crop_north.jpg

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 7 days ago

Join
  • I see people write it both ways. Neither are his initials and pronouncing IE as e-a isn't intuitive. If one is on this board they know who we're talking about though. Hell, I use PG half the time anyway. All 3 are ways to avoid writing/pronouncing his govt. name.

Join

Join
  • Is his name IE or EA? I remember when Keely Eure was calling him Guh-teet

• Anon5232412 said... (original post)Is his name IE or EA? I remember when Keely Eure was calling him Guh-teet

E (pause) A... Most write IE (based on the last letters in bis first nsme) but some use EA. See previous posts in thread.

Guh-teet was a pretty poor attempt knowing he's Samoan. Stock down for Keely.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 5 days ago

Join

Join