Helton to return in 2019

Helton to return in 2019

• https://twitter.com/Pete_Ghersen/status/1064967719227875328

@Pete_Ghersen: BREAKING: A source close to the situation is telling me that #USC head coach Clay Helton is coming back next season. #Trojans #FightOn #USCfootball @USCScoop #Pac12FB

I'm done

• Discussion
  • Helton to return.
    Fans not.

• Anyone at the game Saturday needs to make it painfully obvious that we, the fans, will not put up with this garbage coach returning.

• Would explain why Swanny is so silent.

• Swann is a joke

• Chip Kelly bout to run this bitch

• This saturday will be one of the darkest moments of SC football history.

• FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! towel

Go spend your money and support Swann you peasants!

• Seriously, USC is a laughing stock at this point.

• It was painful to watch this team this year. I expect more of the same next year.

• I think I’ll buy a PS4 now

• If this is true. We can only hope that some how Clay/Swann are able to lure DC Don Brown from Michigan, and OC Brian Brohm from Purdue. That and Clay finally starts practicing in full pads as much as NCAA rules allow.

Damn SC is screwed. Just seems like SC is going the "fire a coach mid season route", again.

This post was edited by perryfollis 1 year ago

• Wow. Just wow.

• perryfollis said... (original post)

If this is true. We can only hope that some how Clay/Swann are able to lure DC Don Brown from Michigan, and OC Brian Brohm from Purdue. That and Clay finally starts practicing in full pads as much as NCAA rules allow.

Damn SC is screwed. Just seems like SC is going the fire a coach mid season route, again.

Nah, Gomer won’t make any staff changes either.

“We’re so close.”

• IEforUSC said... (original post)

https://twitter.com/Pete_Ghersen/status/1064967719227875328

@Pete_Ghersen: BREAKING: A source close to the situation is telling me that #USC head coach Clay Helton is coming back next season. #Trojans #FightOn #USCfootball @USCScoop #Pac12FB

I'm done

You're seriously gonna take advice from a guy with 177 followers?

• Dwhitmore said... (original post)

He works for Scotch. We’ll see

All signs lead to Helton staying

• Dwhitmore said... (original post)

He does USC play by play on the radio. He probably has heard something.

I'm also hearing that no staff changes will be made. Take that work a grain of salt though

• racea911 said... (original post)

Anyone at the game Saturday needs to make it painfully obvious that we, the fans, will not put up with this garbage coach returning.

Not fair to the kids, especially the seniors. Better to just be silent. They are doing the best they can with what they’ve been given.

• IEforUSC said... (original post)

He does USC play by play on the radio. He probably has heard something.

I'm also hearing that no staff changes will be made. Take that work a grain of salt though

That would be the ultimate F.U. and kick to the crotch as a fan. If true, SC is sure making it hard to not be apathetic about the program.

• I have also heard this! but not a reliable source

• 4thgen71 said... (original post)

Not fair to the kids, especially the seniors. Better to just be silent. They are doing the best they can with what they’ve been given.

Being silent keeps the status quo so that makes no damn sense. Life isn’t fair. They’ll live and thank people later for looking out for their best interest. We want them to be given better so no we do not need to remain silent. Let Swann and the BOT know we won’t except this shit willingly.

• 4thgen71 said... (original post)

I think a "Clay Helton Sucks" chant would be pretty clear what the sentiment of the fans is.

• sec18usczaine said... (original post)

I have also heard this! but not a reliable source

I didn't think that Tyler Keck was a reliable source when he tweeted "Sark is done" days before Sark went on a bender.

• The Lizard King said... (original post)

I didn't think that Tyler Keck was a reliable source when he tweeted "Sark is done" days before Sark went on a bender.

Keck, after getting exiled from the journalist field, is now slanging real estate and houses in a pricey CA RE market and probably making decent coin.

Awkward moment when you realize freaking Keck might actually be making more money than many of the former SC site publishers/ writers/ editors lol.

• Just lose yourself in Red Dead Redemption 2. It’s what I do when Oregon is playing bad.

• perryfollis said... (original post)

If this is true. We can only hope that some how Clay/Swann are able to lure DC Don Brown from Michigan, and OC Brian Brohm from Purdue. That and Clay finally starts practicing in full pads as much as NCAA rules allow.

Damn SC is screwed. Just seems like SC is going the "fire a coach mid season route", again.

How are they going to lure any decent assistant coaches when Helton’s job security is vanishing?