I hope everyone has listened to that unique Urban Meyer podcast

I hope everyone has listened to that unique Urban Meyer podcast

• with Daniel Jerimiah and heard him say something to the effect of "I don't buy these wildly incorrect oversimplifications about players from one region being automatically better (For certain kinds of players, say DL guys) and I don't buy any of the similar worn thin clichés." And I, eftzoons, too, am so tired of hearing the theory that the South grows far better college ready D linemen than, say, California. Kindly recall Mike Patteron, BKU, Shaun Cody, Manual Wright, LaJuan Ramsey...components all of them to that monster of Eftzoons' mythology called by him THE THING, greatest D line in my memory. All that has been lacking over the past decade of mostly mediocre D line play are the recruiters with the foresight to keep getting this thing right, just as we saw how Urban Meyer threw a super and DEEP brick wall of DL vs USC and Sam Darnold in the Cotton Bowl of a couple of years ago. I mean WHERE did such a plethora of standout, unblockable (for USC anyhow) D linemen come from? They came from Urban Meyers self-reloading juggernaiut Ohio State teams, guys whom he identified and went after like an OCD shark in the recuiting wars and beat off your Sabans and Swinneys for them AND THEN COACHED THEM UP MAGNIFICENTLY!!!! THIS is what USC wants and NEEDS right freaking now, especially with early signing day becoming so rapidly and demonstrably THE one signing day or LOI day and never-again that old first or second tuesday in February LOI day, now gone up in a puff of smoke.

This post was edited by eftzoons 4 days ago

• Discussion
  • we just don't need meyer, we deserve him after all the dysfunction. no other program would think twice

• SC is at that unique time and place where a proven winner is in their back yard and COULD be had for the right price. Now, there’s no guarantee that he’ll come to SC but not making a serious run at him would be an unforgivable crime. It should mark Folt’s time at SC...as a winner willing to pull all the stops...or as a loser just filling the role until a real leader steps up. Time will tell.

• eftzoons said... (original post) with Daniel Jerimiah and heard him say something to the effect of "I don't buy these wildly incorrect oversimplifications about players from one r...

Carroll put together some great defenses

https://youtu.be/ZH6eO6mj60Y
  • Oh yeah, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. THE THING.

• We can have those moments with the right coach...who is cruising around in our back yard right now...Hire Urban FIGHT ON TO VICTORY

• I think there is probably some truth to the big DL in the South thing though. I think the odds of finding a 275-320 lb African American kid from Misssissippi to Florida is better than finding one in the Southwest to the NorthWest.

If you were to check the family tree of those referenced prospects from the West, their Grandparents/Great grandparents are likely from the South. You can't dispute historic migration patterns and demographics.

Also note how a large number of West Coast lineman are actually Samoan. There were 185,000 Samoans according to the last census, and only about 60K in California. We have two Samoan starters on our DL alone. If you check other Pac-12 schools like Utah,Oregon, UDub, etc . you'll find a large number of them as well. Even in regards to linebackers, we have 6 or 7 on our team, as well as 3 Safeties. Crazy numbers for a population of approx 200,000 in this country.

Someone should do an in depth study.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 2 days ago

• I disagree. Signed, Shaun Cody and Mike Patterson:)

• Trojan Raul said... (original post) I disagree. Signed, Shaun Cody and Mike Patterson:)

Horribly weak response. You cherry picked two examples from 15-20 years ago that were already referenced in the original post. Get it together.

This post was edited by BlackLeftLeft 2 days ago