I predict Buckeye's upset Bama. I predicted the exact

I predict Buckeye's upset Bama. I predicted the exact

• same thing four or five years ago. I accurately predicted that Ohio State would easily whup the high flying Oregon Ducks under Marcus Mariotta in the semifinal, and that the Urban Meyer tough-as-nails Buckeyes would then out-physical even the mighty Bama. I feel pretty sure Jay still recalls this, because he made a complimentary post at the time congratulating me on my crystal ball or whatever. I just have a similar feeling now.

• Discussion
  • eftzoons said... (original post)same thing four or five years ago. I accurately predicted that Ohio State would easily whup the high flying Oregon Ducks under Marcus Mariotta in t...

Bama is a big, tough, physical, andl talented team. However their defense can give in sometimes. That would be the key for Ohio State to beat them.

I am flipping the coin on this . Whoever wants this the most will win.
  • I feel a smidgeon better today, Clemson lost by a worse score to OSU than N.D. did to Bama,who'd a thunk it. Can't wait for the Championship game, should be a barn burner.

• Nice. Only 2 teams left. I will say, OSUs defense looks strong

• I agree zoons.

• eftzoons said... (original post)same thing four or five years ago. I accurately predicted that Ohio State would easily whup the high flying Oregon Ducks under Marcus Mariotta in t...

If Bucks are going to win this, they'd better be ahead by 10 by the 7:30 mark in the 3rd. Bama finishes like Kendall Ellis. And Nick Saban is simple a far better coach than Day.

• I am pretty sure you have it reverse. Buckeyes beat Bama in the semifinals, then beat Oregon in the title game.

• tommika said... (original post)I feel a smidgeon better today, Clemson lost by a worse score to OSU than N.D. did to Bama,who'd a thunk it. Can't wait for the Championsh...

lol. Take solace I guess. Once Bama crushed you they let up, their concentration went out the window and they started making mistakes, penalties, etc.

• With Sark leaving, that would be a great pick, but, their D is way to good and OSU played their big game against Clemson, so, Alabama will win. One good hit on fields, he'll be in and out of that tent all night.

• Go bury your head in the sand. You are a fool. Get lost. Where is the money chickenshit ? Roll Tide!

• SMBofUSC said... (original post)Go bury your head in the sand. You are a fool. Get lost. Where is the money chickenshit ? Roll Tide!

Lets not get carried away in this. I didn't say this. Petro didn't say this. It all borders on what happens. One foot doesn't fit every shoe.

• Former Buckeye coach picks Buckeyes. His take is plausible, just not probable imo. In these games, coaching is the margin of victory, and Saban > Day

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 5 days ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Former Buckeye coach picks Buckeyes. His take is plausible, just not probable imo. In these games, coaching is the margin of victory, and Sab...

I think Bama is the better football team, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee a sure win. I still think it comes down to who wants it the most.
  • FAN1978 said... (original post)I think Bama is the better football team, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee a sure win. I still think it comes down to who wants it the mo...

"Guarantee?" Damn few of those in college football. But I think close games are decided by coaching, and when Saban has had this much time to put it together, I think he'll put the cruise missile within 20 feet of the weakest point

• oldmanjay66 said... (original post)With Sark leaving, that would be a great pick, but, their D is way to good and OSU played their big game against Clemson, so, Alabama will win. ...

You could say the same outcome with Bama losing their QB Mac Jones. There is Bryce Young and another top QB behind Jones, but with zero playing time and on the biggest stage, no guy is coming in and playing at the same level as the starter.

• It’s so dang difficult to gauge two teams separately from afar, they both look really good. Not predicting either way because I really don’t know, but they do clearly appear to be the two best teams in the country. Notch one for the CFP committee, I guess...

• Bama 28

OSU 17

• Bama 34

Bucks 30

This is really tough to call. I want osu to win, but saban has more coaching and life experience. So I will go with bama. But these are the two most talented team in the country. So who knows.

This post was edited by UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN 1 day ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)lol. Take solace I guess. Once Bama crushed you they let up, their concentration went out the window and they started making mistakes, penalt...

True. Bama played bend dont break and very conservative overall once they got way ahead. They could have won by 40. ^They let nd run a slower drive in the 4th to get nd's last score. Really foolish of nd to not try and run a more aggressive offense so they could score 3 td's and not just 1. There was no way nd could win with kelly's papparich. He just did it to make the score look better. That is not what a winner does.

• 14-7 bama 2nd qtr

• Remember when there were some great game threads this time of year? Lulz we suuuuck.

• Bama fumble

• 14-14 2nd qtr

• 21-14 bama. 2nd qtr