I predict Buckeye's upset Bama. I predicted the exact

I predict Buckeye's upset Bama. I predicted the exact

• eftzoons said... (original post)same thing four or five years ago. I accurately predicted that Ohio State would easily whup the high flying Oregon Ducks under Marcus Mariotta in t...

Zoons in 1948: "I predict Dewey will defeat Truman."
  • This song is for all you Bama fans and Bama admireees. The .1: 45 minute mark on this song is for you.

https://youtu.be/2A0wGO3c2T8

• Does anyone remember Gene Stallings?

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)The "coulda, woulda, shoulda" song is usually reserved only for Buckeyes on the morning after....

pd, come on. covid is much more of a legit excuse. this season doesn't really count. too many strange variables. football is not always fair, but I draw the line with covid. there were so many anomalies this season because of covid. there is a laundry list. no guarantee, but I think the game would have been ever in a normal year where both teams played 14 pr 15 games. I had bama and osu the champ game this year anyway, but I would have to see the season play out like it always does. again, I dont even count this year because was not enough of level playing field for me. i enjoyed watching the games, but i dont count it as a real football season because of covid.

• UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN said... (original post)pd, come on. covid is much more of a legit excuse. this season doesn't really count. too many strange variables. football is not al...

Stop. Alabama played in the same country as did Ohio State. Looks like they had more discipline and did things right. Enough with the excuses for Ohio State. They lost by 4 touchdowns. But I'll be generous: if there was no Covid they would have lost by only 3. lol. You will never win with a hypothetical unknown against facts.

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)Stop. Alabama played in the same country as did Ohio State. Looks like they had more discipline and did things right. Enough with the excuses ...

You stop. This season was completely different. It was crazy. Nobody really won the national championship. Bama won the first covid college football national championship. I would have said that if osu or clem had won as well. It was not a true football season. Too many strange variable because of Covid. You just put your foot in your mouth when you said that bama was smarter in the way they handled the covid this season. You proved my point. A team who responded better to Covid has nothing to do with football. You are saying that it is osu’s fault because they got Covid. First, the virus is incredibly contagious so it might not have been anyone’s fault. Even if it was their fault it is still not a level playing field. One careless player could have given it to the whole team. Plus their whole season was disrupted several times by Covid. It was not osu’s fault that the big ten started the the season later. It wa not their fault that other teams got Covid and threw their season off. Bama had a huge advantage because of these factors.

This was compounded when osu got several key injuries in the game. Injuries are part of the game, but Covid is not. Who knows how the season would have played out if we had not had Covid. I just don’t count this as a real football season. The teams made the best of the situation. But it was not a legit season. Covid made sure of. that. Pre season I had bama and osu as my number 1 and 2. I just have no idea what would have really happened in a normal year. The reason I was upset was not because osu lost. Covid had already ruined most of the season already. Then it ruined natty as well. I don’t care about osu at all. I got upset because I wanted to see both teams play a Covid free game. Who wants to see a game where 13 players are out sick. Not to mention the whole season getting messed up for a lot of teams because if Covid. They may have lost to Alabama anyway, but I would have preferred to not have Covid be possible deciding factor. So this entire season has an asterisk on it as far as I am concerned. Not taking away anything from bama. They had a great season and weathered the storm.

This post was edited by UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN 11 days ago

• UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN said... (original post)You stop. This season was completely different. It was crazy. Nobody really won the national championship. Bama won the first covid coll...

More blather. All teams played under Covid. The Alabama program and the SEC simply handled it better, despite Saban having been affected. Facts beat hypotheticals. If you knew anything about football and watched the Bama/Buckeye game it was obvious which was the better team. You just don't have the tools to analyze this. When I say the Bama program handled Covid better, and the SEC handled it better these evaluations are obviously part of the formula for football success--like recruiting, practice facilities, booster support, administration support, salaries, logistics, and any other of the 1000s of things that make for a successful football program. Football is not played in a bubble, for a 60-minute span. You're in way over your head here.

This post was edited by PaulDrakeLives 11 days ago

• PaulDrakeLives said... (original post)More blather. All teams played under Covid. The Alabama program and the SEC simply handled it better, despite Saban having been affected. Fac...

Why do act nasty and insult me? I was a college football player. I know a lot about the sport. I just think the game would have been a lot closer without covid. Too many variables. Look at my prediction earlier in the thread before the game. I predicted bama would win. But this was not a real championship. Just like usc's 5-1 season was not real. Had we played regular schedule we probably would have lost 5 games. In a normal year, oregon would not have even played the champ game. Covid put them in the game. Covid really screwed up the season. I affected some teams more than others. OSU could not control the fact that they missed some games. They could not control the fact that their season started late and they had less practice time and less game experience than the sec teams. OSU could not control the fact that bama was more experienced as a team because bama 13 games and osu played 7. If your team gets covid it does not mean you have a bad coach. A lot of those things were not in osu's control. I am not saying they were better. I am saying I wanted a more fair fight. But why act condensing? There is no law that says you know more than me. You know nothing about me.

• UPPERWESTSIDETROJAN said... (original post)Why do act nasty and insult me? I was a college football player. I know a lot about the sport. I just think the game would have been a l...

Not a real championship you say????. WTF It was a real championship and Alabama won it!!!!!!!. Would you undermine the Lakers, Dodgers and Tampa Bay Lightning wining titles? The hell with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FAN1978 said... (original post)Not a real championship you say????. WTF It was a real championship and Alabama won it!!!!!!!. Would you undermine the Lakers, Dodgers and Tampa Bay ...

I don't converse people who use profanity and resort to name calling to get their point across. It is a message board. People have opinions.